WHAT A JOKE! TSSAA BLOWS IT!

fblover

In it's infinite wisdon the TSSAA has posted then unposted the pairings of the playoffs, as a coach in the playoffs, who had already swapped film this morning and began preparations for our 1st round game. Since the brackets have been pulled, I have talked to several area coaches who are in the same boat. One had already head towards Nashville from the Memphis area to swap. The Z plan has been an absolute joke from Day 1, they are trying to create suspense by having a selection show, the playoffs are not the NCAA hoops tournament, coaches sometimes begin preparation on Friday night for the next week, the fact that we may not get film on our opponent til late on Saturday afternoon is a downright sham, and several people in the TSSAA office needs to be held ACCOUNTABLE, clean house up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOR WILL THEY ANSWER THE PHONE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT BE MAD AT TSSAA be mad at the legislative board who thought this Z system was the best option and the way we were playing was broke I have alawys been told if it aint broke then dont fix it well it wasnt BROKE but they still tried to fix it...while there may have been some issues such as travel for some teams at least you knew what you had to do to make the playoffs

Remember everyone, this playoff scheme was Ronnie Carter's parting gift to Tennessee high school football.

yeah i made that comment that ronnie comes up with this crap and pushes it through the council and then retires so he doesnt have to reap the benefits on this new plan I did not like the 50 50 rule the previous year and then last year this Z plan it has been 2 ridiculous things to fix what wasnt broken...

DONT BE MAD AT TSSAA be mad at the legislative board who thought this Z system was the best option and the way we were playing was broke I have alawys been told if it aint broke then dont fix it well it wasnt BROKE but they still tried to fix it...while there may have been some issues such as travel for some teams at least you knew what you had to do to make the playoffs

Maybe it wasn't broken for you, but the Soddy-Daisy folk getting home late after region trips to Farragut would have told you it was broken.

Remember everyone, this playoff scheme was Ronnie Carter's parting gift to Tennessee high school football.

You beat me to it!! Yes this is Ronnie's baby and he's not here to see it grow up!! What a joke!! Many of us sitting here still not for sure who we are playing and the seeding is a huge joke!!!

Explain this one. Why is district wins the first criteria to be eligible, but then after the auto qualifiers it goes to over all wins? There are a few cases out there where the larger schools only beat the smaller schools in the district, lost to the schools their own size and made the playoffs over teams that beat them head to head.

Ronnie is :lol:

Childress is :blush:

All of us are :wacko: and :blush: