McMinn Central at CAK

charger05

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many players for McMinn play both sides of the ball?

Haven't seem them in a while, but they had a lot of players going both ways earlier in the year. Depth seemed to a problem for them, especially on the offensive line.

I heard a rumor that A. Walker and Ragland had been put into the rotation on the offensive line. Any truth to that Charger fans?

If it's late game, close or tied and Central gets to the 35 or closer they have a chance to finish it.

I'd echo that for CAK as well. Our kicker already has a 46 yarder to his credit, would have been good from 56. Haven't had to kick many, but he's in that 75% accuracy rate I'd say.

He's made two 50 yards. Attempted a 57. Missed in wind and rain. He's attempted 7 field goals made 5.

Two 50 Yd. field goals is impressive, I don't care what level you are in!

This should be a good match up. CAK has the ability to move the ball and put up a lot of points. Elizabethton and Alcoa were able to curtail that effort. I am impressed with McMinn Central, but I predict that CAK gets the offense going in a big way this Friday. Too many weapons.

I hope the McMinn fans have a safe trip over to CAK! I believe you will see two very good kickers! #85 Warren for CAK is an excellent kicker as well!

Kicking game goes to McMinn Central. I don't know that we saw a better punter/kicker this season. As for CAK, if the Chargers can apply pressure and get to the kicker, the punts can be blocked. We could have had a couple of blocked punts on Friday if our boys had been told to go after it (IMO).

MC will give CAK a good game, but the Warriors will pull this one out.

This game will also depend on MC's defensive line getting pressure on the quarterback which they should have no problem. :thumb:

Wow. Quite a challenge you have thrown out there by saying "no problem". CAK's offensive line is very good at pass protection. Alcoa put a lot of pressure on our QB but only 1 sack I believe. Alcoa has the best defensive line I've seen this year at any level. So obviously I disagree with your assessment. Our offensive line will be up to the challenge IMO. We'll find out soon enough.

Kicking game goes to McMinn Central. I don't know that we saw a better punter/kicker this season. As for CAK, if the Chargers can apply pressure and get to the kicker, the punts can be blocked. We could have had a couple of blocked punts on Friday if our boys had been told to go after it (IMO).

MC will give CAK a good game, but the Warriors will pull this one out.

I can't disagree about McMinn having a great punter/kicker, although I don't believe there is much difference in the kickers, but there is a substantial difference in the punting. Alcoa probably could have blocked or come close to blocking a punt, I noticed that too. But I believe that was primarily because CAK was so concerned about coverage against an Alcoa team that has been destroying people on special teams. We left our blocks a bit early. Lucky for us, but we did cover well and limitd Alcoa's returns.