Springfield- Henry Co... Same District

Impartial

I found out this afternoon that the rod will be removed later. Another doctor said he wouldn't play anymore high school sports. The doctor told him this before he went home today. He was looking forward to maybe playing basketball and baseball. I believe the surgeon didn't want him to know at that time.

Why would you put say that on Coacht?.........really? This thread is about Springfield and Henry County's game in the first week of playoffs...everyone is thinking of Skylar...but I don't understand the obsession with medical terms or what this doctor said or that doctor said...only Sklyar can determine his future with his dedication to his rehab!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever seen or know of anyone who had a rod left in the bone permanently? I didn't think you can do any activity with a rod left in your bone permanently.

I have never known anyone personally who has had one but I have heard that those with rods are just like those with plates and screws. They can do whatever they want normally.

I found out this afternoon that the rod will be removed later. Another doctor said he wouldn't play anymore high school sports. The doctor told him this before he went home today. He was looking forward to maybe playing basketball and baseball. I believe the surgeon didn't want him to know at that time.

Why would you put say that on Coacht?.........really? This thread is about Springfield and Henry County's game in the first week of playoffs...everyone is thinking of Skylar...but I don't understand the obsession with medical terms or what this doctor said or that doctor said...only Sklyar can determine his future with his dedication to his rehab!

Amen. This is getting to be a little much.

I am confused and probably an idiot, but I could understand plates being taken out, but how do you take a rod out of a bone without breaking the bone again? I know we have great technology but please explain how a rod can be placed in a bone, healing takes place, and the rod taken out of a bone, and the bone still be together. I must be dumber than first imagined.

Thank you for the directions to the field. We apologize for not being at the regular season game in Paris earlier this year. That is on us fans, and we are trying to change the way we use to do things in this town. It has been a long time since we had something to get excited about. At one point I believe we were 1-19, but a chance to play in the playoffs has changed the way we all look at going to away games so far away. That seems as an excuse, but this week we are changing things. Eating at Lary's this week we all seem to say the same things about Springfield football. Thank goodness we found a good coach in Coach Myers. He worked hard in the off season to create a good atmosphere and coaching staff, and has he done a wonderful job. We really think the coaches are a good group of men.

Coach Inman - from Hunters Lane

Coach Bigsby - former stand out at WR in Springfield in the 90's

Coach Clemons - former stand out at RB/DB in Springfield in the 90's

Coach Jones - from APSU

Coach Campbell - former head coach and assistant coach last year at Springfield

Coach Sutherland - from Christian County

Don't know much about Coach Porter or Coach Slaughter, but both seem to work hard for the team.

We are blessed to have these gentlemen working with Coach Myers to build a program in a tradition hungery city. Good luck this week Jackets!

As a Jacket fan I'am very excited about the direction Coach Meyers and staff are going with this very young team. I was at the regular season game and was pleased with our effort that night , I do think we have improved since then with the exception of the NW game, where we did'nt show up at all and we got beat soundly. This game I expect our guys to play very hard and with a few breaks who knows what can happen. I hope we have a much better crowd than the last time , these kids deserve it. SHS has a storied football tradition and this decade has been a tough one with 4 play-off appearances and 1 region championship in 2006 and of course the long losing streak , but better days are coming with our very young team. Friday night will be a very tough game and will be a good measuring stick as to where we stand in our rebuilding effort. In a couple of years who knows we might add another gold ball to the trophy case, Coach Meyers has been there and knows what it takes, as have Coach Biggsby and Coach Clemmons who were members of the 1993 State Championship Springfield team. GO JACKETS!!

As a Jacket fan I'am very excited about the direction Coach Meyers and staff are going with this very young team. I was at the regular season game and was pleased with our effort that night , I do think we have improved since then with the exception of the NW game, where we did'nt show up at all and we got beat soundly. This game I expect our guys to play very hard and with a few breaks who knows what can happen. I hope we have a much better crowd than the last time , these kids deserve it. SHS has a storied football tradition and this decade has been a tough one with 4 play-off appearances and 1 region championship in 2006 and of course the long losing streak , but better days are coming with our very young team. Friday night will be a very tough game and will be a good measuring stick as to where we stand in our rebuilding effort. In a couple of years who knows we might add another gold ball to the trophy case, Coach Meyers has been there and knows what it takes, as have Coach Biggsby and Coach Clemmons who were members of the 1993 State Championship Springfield team. GO JACKETS!!

Good post. I hope that you do bring a good crowd Friday night. The forecast calls for a perfect night for football. Our crowd should be good but I doubt that it will be great. Our fans are spoiled because of our recent success. Our first round crowd is never what rounds three and four have been recently. We take a lot for granted around here these days. That being said, the fans who attend will be VERY loud and the home side should be full, but we may not have our 500-1000 people standing around the track.

I am confused and probably an idiot, but I could understand plates being taken out, but how do you take a rod out of a bone without breaking the bone again? I know we have great technology but please explain how a rod can be placed in a bone, healing takes place, and the rod taken out of a bone, and the bone still be together. I must be dumber than first imagined.

After reading your posts over recent years, I agree that you are probably an idiot, but in this case I agree with you. I am not sure how a rod would be removed from a bone without breaking the bone, which would in turn require the rod to be reinserted. It would be a never ending cycle. And yes, you are dumber than first imagined!

Im glad to see some of the Springfield fans on here starting to get a little life in them. There's nothing like a good football game at a packed Patriot Stadium. I would encourage all of the Springfield fans to show up earlier than 6:30 and get in on some of the good tailgaiting that goes on at the practice field prior to the game. Reguardless of the outcome of the game, I know it means alot to the players on each team to see their fans show up in big numbers to support them. Some of these kids will never play high school football again after friday night and it makes for some of the best memories of their life. Surely a 45 min. drive down Hwy. 79 to Paris is not asking too much. Lets all fill the stadium and be loud and proud. I know the "Horn Crew" will be in full effect! :wacko: I heard that our band would not be playing for the playoffs. Does anyone have any info on this and why wouldn't they play? I mean atleast show up and play in their own stands! I think it just adds another touch to the game when the band plays after good plays and touchdowns, kinda like the college atmosphere. :thumb:

Im glad to see some of the Springfield fans on here starting to get a little life in them. There's nothing like a good football game at a packed Patriot Stadium. I would encourage all of the Springfield fans to show up earlier than 6:30 and get in on some of the good tailgaiting that goes on at the practice field prior to the game. Reguardless of the outcome of the game, I know it means alot to the players on each team to see their fans show up in big numbers to support them. Some of these kids will never play high school football again after friday night and it makes for some of the best memories of their life. Surely a 45 min. drive down Hwy. 79 to Paris is not asking too much. Lets all fill the stadium and be loud and proud. I know the "Horn Crew" will be in full effect! :wacko: I heard that our band would not be playing for the playoffs. Does anyone have any info on this and why wouldn't they play? I mean atleast show up and play in their own stands! I think it just adds another touch to the game when the band plays after good plays and touchdowns, kinda like the college atmosphere. :thumb:

Good post..however..you've been fed some poor information concerning the band...where did you get that idea?