Springfield- Henry Co... Same District

Impartial

Im glad to see some of the Springfield fans on here starting to get a little life in them. There's nothing like a good football game at a packed Patriot Stadium. I would encourage all of the Springfield fans to show up earlier than 6:30 and get in on some of the good tailgaiting that goes on at the practice field prior to the game. Reguardless of the outcome of the game, I know it means alot to the players on each team to see their fans show up in big numbers to support them. Some of these kids will never play high school football again after friday night and it makes for some of the best memories of their life. Surely a 45 min. drive down Hwy. 79 to Paris is not asking too much. Lets all fill the stadium and be loud and proud. I know the "Horn Crew" will be in full effect! :wacko: I heard that our band would not be playing for the playoffs. Does anyone have any info on this and why wouldn't they play? I mean atleast show up and play in their own stands! I think it just adds another touch to the game when the band plays after good plays and touchdowns, kinda like the college atmosphere. :thumb:

Good post..however..you've been fed some poor information concerning the band...where did you get that idea?

Good post on the memories thing.....don't tell me horn man isn't going to be there!!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad to see some of the Springfield fans on here starting to get a little life in them. There's nothing like a good football game at a packed Patriot Stadium. I would encourage all of the Springfield fans to show up earlier than 6:30 and get in on some of the good tailgaiting that goes on at the practice field prior to the game. Reguardless of the outcome of the game, I know it means alot to the players on each team to see their fans show up in big numbers to support them. Some of these kids will never play high school football again after friday night and it makes for some of the best memories of their life. Surely a 45 min. drive down Hwy. 79 to Paris is not asking too much. Lets all fill the stadium and be loud and proud. I know the "Horn Crew" will be in full effect! :wacko: I heard that our band would not be playing for the playoffs. Does anyone have any info on this and why wouldn't they play? I mean atleast show up and play in their own stands! I think it just adds another touch to the game when the band plays after good plays and touchdowns, kinda like the college atmosphere. :thumb:

I like your enthusiasm NicD, but if the Jackets can make that trip in 45 minutes then they have a better form of transportation than any I know of. Last I checked, you can make it to Clarksville in about 50 minutes with the new 4 lanes, but Springfield is pretty far east of there - maybe an hour and a half total trip. But nonetheless, that's not that far to travel and the tailgating is worth the early arrival!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Well due to my transportation situation which is 1 dependable vehicle to make the out of town trips and 1 junker for in town b/t my wife and I, I was gonna stay local and watch NW/Gallitan, but I really want to go support the Jackets, so I may make other arrangements.....

You know you will see a great match up if you stay local. Go Vikings! :thumb:

Good luck to Kelly and the boys down at HC country.

Well due to my transportation situation which is 1 dependable vehicle to make the out of town trips and 1 junker for in town b/t my wife and I, I was gonna stay local and watch NW/Gallitan, but I really want to go support the Jackets, so I may make other arrangements.....

You know you will see a great match up if you stay local. Go Vikings! :thumb:

Good luck to Kelly and the boys down at HC country.

Yeah, I was thinking that was the best/closest 1st round match-up on paper.....

Word on the street is that Myers and the rest of the Springfield staff have been heard making comments about the Patriots being soft and very beatable. THe beatable part is true of all high school teams. The soft part is the interesting thing. Myers has won 4 games this year at Springfield, Henry County has won 9, make that 22 over the past two seasons. Henry County may me soft but that makes his Springfield team much softer. The Springfield team ran for like 3 yards in the last meeting with the Patriots. They have given up 254 points in 10 games, to Henry County's 112. 37-14 on the first trip to Paris, it may not be that close this time. Springfield played 8 teams with a .500 or better record, they won 2 of them. That is right, they won 25% of their games against teams with a winning record, and hey, everybody beat West Creek and Kenwood. Patriots, Springfield does not respect you, they think that you are over rated, they think you are soft, they believe that they have this upset in the bag. Send their assssses to the hardwood.

I like your enthusiasm NicD, but if the Jackets can make that trip in 45 minutes then they have a better form of transportation than any I know of. Last I checked, you can make it to Clarksville in about 50 minutes with the new 4 lanes, but Springfield is pretty far east of there - maybe an hour and a half total trip. But nonetheless, that's not that far to travel and the tailgating is worth the early arrival!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Yeah, sorry about that cephus. I didnt realize how far east of clarksville that springfield actually was. At any rate, It still is not too far to support your home town team and give those 15-18 yr. old young men the memories of a lifetime. They will talk about making the playoffs for the first time in I dont know how many years, and with a packed house of screaming fans it will be something to remember! You know how it is was when we went to Melrose. Thats a 2 1/2 hr. ride with no traffic! Nothing like building a good program with a fan base that travels. I'm sure if you asked any kid on our team what it feels like to have more fans at your away games than the home team, you would get some highly favorable answers. Almost like playing a home game at a nuetral site. Your right about the tailgaiting too! It is definately worth the early trip!

Good post..however..you've been fed some poor information concerning the band...where did you get that idea?

I was told that by a band parent, but thats why I was asking. I think they play a huge part in the atmosphere of the game as well as the "Horn Crew". I dont think Randy or his horns would miss it for anything.

I truly don't think coach myers and staff have the time to bad mouth the Patriots. Why would you believe that this would be truth? The mighty Patriots have destroyed all teams except Clarksville High. They are on their way to state, and Springfield is a bump in the road. That is what I have gotten from all the Henry County post on CoachT. Maybe the Jackets need to stay home and not take the hour and a half trip to Paris for the great embarrassment of being beat. Just hope Coach Myers can with stand the Red Storm friday night. Remember, this team is superior to the jackets team!

I truly don't think coach myers and staff have the time to bad mouth the Patriots. Why would you believe that this would be truth? The mighty Patriots have destroyed all teams except Clarksville High. They are on their way to state, and Springfield is a bump in the road. That is what I have gotten from all the Henry County post on CoachT. Maybe the Jackets need to stay home and not take the hour and a half trip to Paris for the great embarrassment of being beat. Just hope Coach Myers can with stand the Red Storm friday night. Remember, this team is superior to the jackets team!

There you go coach tell them. They don't have anything to worry about then you and your jackets go up there and lay the smack down on them. Keep up the good work and continue to put up the numbers like you and your team did that last week of the season.