Page @ Creek Wood

tripleoption21

Both Page and Creek Wood's opponents won exactly 49% of their games this year. Creek Wood finished 9-1 while Page went 6-4 so you have to give the edge to CW.

What kind of logic is that?

I would be more concerned that Page will have more offensive options than what Creekwood has seen this year. This always a tough match up for both teams. I look for Page to run the clock on offense esp if they get ahead.

Have not seen where CW has a killer defense this year.

have you seen CW play this year??? their defense has been knocking heads this year...they gave up points to camden but camden is a good football team. :thumb:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an old Region 5-3A matchup and I will be anxious to see how it goes. The 2 teams are 3-3 against one another all-time (2003-2008). Page won the game last year over CW when the Red Hawks were really young. It was a 14-7 game that turned into a 35-7 game when a bunch of miscues right before halftime turned into Page touchdowns. Coach Daniels & Coach Daniel are very familiar with one another from recent years and there will be no secrets going into this one from either team. This is going to be a great game!!!!

Well ...Page has played 5 playoff teams....which means nothing at this point.

I like Bertier brackets on teams.....but as far as Page is concerned, he seems to have a blind spot.

You must be right Page has no passing game and no DEFENSE either. They have seen the option before. A key will be to shorten the game. See how long that D line of Creekwood can stay in their stance.

C'mon guys it is not like either one of these teams have played a monster schedule.

I still say that Creekwood would have rather picked a much different team to play. This will not be an easy one. Patriots are very familiar with CW.

Looking at film what would CW have over a Giles Co team or Spring Hill?

We're in the playoffs now no game you play is supposed to be easy. Creek Wood has added quite a few wrinkles in their offense this year. They also have some new players and I'm not sure but they might be running a different type of offense from what Page has seen in years before from the Red Hawks. Creek Wood's Defense is playing a lot better since last year and can contain any team enough for the offense to win the game. When Creek Wood's offense is clicking they are borderline unstoppable. They have big play threats all over the field. And once you think you have finally found a way to stop them they will hit you with a reverse, play action, or a misdirection play.

The strength of competition doesn't really effect you once your in the playoffs. The other team doesn't care if you played a close game with Giles or Spring Hill. Or if you beat Camden and really didn't have much other competition. The only thing that matters is how you play on Friday Night. Ya'll can try and figure out who is the better team by looking at how they played some of the top teams in 4a, but you really won't know who the better team is until Friday. I can assure you the Red Hawks will be fired up and ready to go. Hope Page will come out with the same intensity. Red Hawk Stadium will be extremely loud. :thumb:

have you seen CW play this year??? their defense has been knocking heads this year...they gave up points to camden but camden is a good football team. :thumb:

Creek Wood gave up points to Camden because of Camden's Quarterback. His ability to break tackles and his speed and quickness allowed him to make people miss and gave his recievers more time to get open. I'm sure Coach Beaubien will find a way to keep that from happening again although i don't think they will have as hard a time with Page's QB. :thumb:

Very simple Folks though i love Page alumi 94 i thought Page would lose to spring Hill they did will be 1 and done in playoffs .Y u ask lets see the spread off is a joke there QB is just terrible cant take the pressure.like games before throws to the wrong team most of the time, throws to wrong recivers the one is not open and if open misses them bad usually around there feet. There Def is really good but to many players play both way. and wear out by forth Qt really no back up that can step up to help out because they never play and my understanding dont pratice, most stand on side lines and watch .I dont see any linemen that could help. in short pack the middle With creekwood Def and dont even look at the spread Off . If they spread it out i would still put 8 in the box and dare the coaches to let that QB to make reads and as usuall they will be wrong sorry folks With no passing game they will shut down the run. If i was a senior i would be pissed dont know if they have a 2nd string QB but surely they must and and would show more leadership on the field then the presant one does sorry Creekwood 24 page 7

Fortheloveofthegame,

I agree with you, partially. I still think Page will get the W, but it will come with little help from the QB. He cannot possibly be the best option to put behind center. His play has been atrocious. I know for a fact that Page has several different Offenses that they run in practice, that they never use on Friday nights. Why spend all that time practicing for something you dont use? why do you stick with someone who doesnt give your team the best chance to win?Hopefully, by some miracle, coach will realize this after we gave away the game friday night. Just put someone back there that can at least break a tackle or two, or take a shot in the endzone when its obvious thats what you have to do. Ive said it all along. when something doesnt work, you change your strategy. its been the story all year long...when we stick with something that doesnt work, we lose. when we change it up, we win. it doesnt take a genius to spot the trend. Good luck Page.

Good golly sakes alive! The Giles pigeon tag-team has got kin folk in Rudderville. Who knew? :thumb:

There is one major difference in us and our cousin's though. You can actually understand what we are posting. Our posts are legible unlike fortheloveofthegame's or whoever that was.

yeah im still tryin to decode what he said!!! :thumb:-_-

Haha I just stopped reading a couple of lines into the post. It gave me a headache. I don't think he has ever heard of punctuation. Maybe an english class wouldn't hurt?