Job opening at Warren Co.

chs4life

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Coach Dale Dunlap is coming home to take the reins in McMinnville. I hear he will be installing a 5-2 defense with the occasional 4-4 look as well as installing a traditional Wing T offense. He has long been a strong proponent of these philosophies and is hard headed enough to believe they will work at the 6a level. I also hear he will have a few tricks up his sleeve from his time spent scouting 9-man football teams in South Dakota. Perhaps it's just me, but I think his brain has frozen solid from spending too much time up on the Plains. Oh yeah, word is he will scrap the traditional Warren County uniforms in favor of Black Jerseys... :thumb:

Stevotn, that is great!! We both Dunlap is not coming back! He probably talks to both us everyday, we both know he would not run the 5-2 or the wing t!!! I believe we had enough of that under Campbell!

About the 9 man ball, according to Dunlap, 9 man ball is better than 11 man ball in SD.

Black uniforms in WC, come on we all want to bring back the Ole Miss jerseys of the early 1990s.

Stevotn, maybe you should apply. I heard your offense is putting up great numbers!

Each time we go through the process of selecting a new coach, the first name mentioned is Coach Rankin. If coach Rankin was ever interested in coming back to WC, he would have done so years ago. I suggest that we do the next best thing and hire from the Rankin coaching tree. That strategy seems to have worked out well for Oakland.

We must also support our new coach. If we want be competitive with the top schools, then we must offer competitive pay for both the HC and assistants. We must allow the coach to bring in a reasonable number of assistants, and if we are not already doing this, we should have a dedicated weight and conditioning period each school day

I want thank coach Madewell for taking this program to higher level. We all remember those dark 0-10 years that proceeded him. Chris is good man and I am sure he made a positive impact on the young men that went through his program.

Steve Mathews would make an excellent coach at Warren Co. He currently is the head coach at Moore Co in Lynchburg. He's a former QB at Ut and the Jacksonville Jaguars in the NFL. When he left the Tullahoma staff, he got the job at Moore Co and in his first year, guided the Raiders to a 3rd place finish in the district and made the playoffs. We would love to have him back at Tullahoma, but I believe he has applied for the job at Warren Co.

...and if we are not already doing this, we should have a dedicated weight and conditioning period each school day.

They had this until this past year. One more thing taken away.

a lot of school districts are taking it away. The boys will have to be dedicated and make sure they get the work in

carterfan2, you and I both know my offense has been putting 60 up on adversaries since Bill Walsh College Football on Sega Genesis!If that doesn't prove the merits of my scheme and playcalling abilities I don't know what does!

Hey! I thought I was the only one accused of getting my offense from Xbox! :thumb::wacko::oops:

Also Chris Madewell was Region Coach of the Year.

Smith is Scott Smith. Won a title at Ezell-Harding, then went to Independence for a few years, just resigned from Science Hill after a couple years. If he wants somewhere that's not political good luck finding that anywhere, from what I can tell.

People I've heard have interviewed:

Matt Snow

Steve Matthews

Crap, there were a couple others but I can't remember them.

Steve Britton has interviewed also congrats to Chris Madewell and players for their recent honors