Loudon @ Polk Co.

polk_wildcat

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking forward to this one. I will be there just trying to figure out how to get tickets without having to wait in line. I expect this one to be a close one and hope that both teams play to thier ability. I think Polk will win, but in a close one 10 points or less. 1. Defense 2. At home 3. Style of Offense.

Neither team will win by more than 10 and if they do I believe they will have a little something for Alcoa, but hope CAK beats Alcoa tonight, so Polk can host another round.

To my Polk Co. friends: I like your attitude pertaining to Alcoa, and I'm sure the players and coaches aren't afraid of playing Alcoa either. But, until you actually see Alcoa play, you can't appreciate just how good they are. They're in an entirely different league than ANY team you've seen this year, or in several years. But to get to next week, Polk must first take are of business and concentrate on beating Loudon. I believe Polk will be focused and will prevail tonight by a minimum of 14 points, probably more. I wish the Wildcats much success.

BlitzinBuc,

No love for the Redskins huh..........17 or more,14 or more. We may not win as Polk is a very, very good ball team. I think it will be closer than 14 points, but I will go on record and state, we will not give up 49 points like the Chargers did earlier in the season................

I hope both teams play to their abilities and have an exciting, injury free game.

To my Polk Co. friends: I like your attitude pertaining to Alcoa, and I'm sure the players and coaches aren't afraid of playing Alcoa either. But, until you actually see Alcoa play, you can't appreciate just how good they are. They're in an entirely different league than ANY team you've seen this year, or in several years. But to get to next week, Polk must first take are of business and concentrate on beating Loudon. I believe Polk will be focused and will prevail tonight by a minimum of 14 points, probably more. I wish the Wildcats much success.

I have seen them play twice buc, and they left a tread mark on your baby blue just like we did!! :thumb: Just cause central couldnt compete with them doesnt mean Polk or Loudon can't or won't. Loudon stuck with them as well as anyone has this season. Bad news buc, the measuring stick for how good a team is in our district no longer wears blue.

It should be a head knocker tonight!!!!! Go Wildcats!!!! :thumb:

BlitzinBuc,

No love for the Redskins huh..........17 or more,14 or more. We may not win as Polk is a very, very good ball team. I think it will be closer than 14 points, but I will go on record and state, we will not give up 49 points like the Chargers did earlier in the season................

I hope both teams play to their abilities and have an exciting, injury free game.

Gee, you're a Thinskin instead of a Redskin. :roflol:

If it gives you a good warm feeling to play Polk better than Central did, then go for it. I thought the object of the game was to win....not outperfom what another team did. :roflol:

I have seen them play twice buc, and they left a tread mark on your baby blue just like we did!! :roflol: Just cause central couldnt compete with them doesnt mean Polk or Loudon can't or won't. Loudon stuck with them as well as anyone has this season. Bad news buc, the measuring stick for how good a team is in our district no longer wears blue.

It should be a head knocker tonight!!!!! Go Wildcats!!!! :roflol:

Gee, yet another person who wants to live vicariously through McMinn Central. :roflol:

Polk does have a good team, I agree. But being a one-year measuring stick in this District isn't something to boast about. :roflol:

No, Central couldn't compete with Alcoa, but neither will Polk (I won't even mention Loudon because their season ends tonight). BTW, I'll probably come to the Polk Co. game tonight.

I have seen them play twice buc, and they left a tread mark on your baby blue just like we did!! :roflol: Just cause central couldnt compete with them doesnt mean Polk or Loudon can't or won't. Loudon stuck with them as well as anyone has this season. Bad news buc, the measuring stick for how good a team is in our district no longer wears blue.

I hate to agree with the doc but i'm faced with no other choice. Blitznbuc cant face the fact that we arent a football power. polk didn't care how good we were supposed to be, or south pittsburg and im sure they dont care how good loudon is supposed to be or how good alcoa is supposed to be. having seen the cats play a couple times and talking to polk fans, i think polk's greatest strength is their focus and preparation. That with the combination of some very underated athletes make polk dangerous to ANY opponent. God i cant believe im takin up for the wildcats!! Nonetheless good luck tonight polk. I hope you guys win and get to go to Alcoa.

I hate to agree with the doc but i'm faced with no other choice. Blitznbuc cant face the fact that we arent a football power. polk didn't care how good we were supposed to be, or south pittsburg and im sure they dont care how good loudon is supposed to be or how good alcoa is supposed to be. having seen the cats play a couple times and talking to polk fans, i think polk's greatest strength is their focus and preparation. That with the combination of some very underated athletes make polk dangerous to ANY opponent. God i cant believe im takin up for the wildcats!! Nonetheless good luck tonight polk. I hope you guys win and get to go to Alcoa.

That is Polk Co. football and what Coach Davis has instilled into the program and players. Being a player before for Coach Davis, They don't care how good the opposing team is; they prepare very well on what the opposition does and comes out ready to play with their heart and lay it all on the line with the game plan at hand.

Anyway, tonight will be an epic battle of two very respected programs who are coached great. I was wrong on the turnout last week, but this week I'm sure the stadium will be packed. :roflol:

Minor correction smokinote......I'm probably more of a Meigs County fan than a fan of McMinn Central since my Grandson recently played there a few years ago (when they won the District). My sons played for McMinn County......and they're not exactly chummy with the Chargers, either. I'm a fan of Polk County, too. I've stated on here before that I'm a fan of many local teams now, since I know players, parents of players, and Coaches of all these local teams. I base my predictions on reality.....not on who my heart wants to win.

Polk made a believer out of me this year when they drilled the Chargers, then went on the road to beat a talented S-P teams. As I said Polk County is very good......but they're not Alcoa good.

I have been ready for this game all week long.......... I think it is going to be a great ball game, maybe the best one around. If you look at common opponents, types of offense and defense, both teams are very similiar:

Loudon Polk

14 10 Bradley 17 10

36 7 Kingston 29 0

45 0 Sweetwater 42 6

42 0 Sequoyah 31 0

Even in our scrimmage we scored everytime (4 scores)against Central, they had one score. Polk had a good game against Central obviously by the score, although I know Central had penalties and turnovers. So I think we are very, very much alike.

With that being said, my prediction for tonight is:

Loudon - 24

Polk - 23

Blocked X-Point.

I hope both teams have a safe trip and injury free ballgame.

BlitzinBuc,

Gee, you're a Thinskin instead of a Redskin. :roflol:

If it gives you a good warm feeling to play Polk better than Central did, then go for it. I thought the object of the game was to win....not outperfom what another team did. :roflol:

You are correct Buc.....We will be disappointed if we don't win and that is what we expect to do. I still just cannot figure out how they gave up 49 points to them, Central is better than that. Hopefully we will win tonight and CAK will win, and we can hookup with FBD and GVK AND BREAK BREAD next week.

But only if you take the Thinskin comment back.....