Blackman vs Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

I thought this might happen i talked to a lot of the players at school today and they all seemed too confident they always come into games confident b/c they are good but you can't do that against Riverdale. Too y

Too confident would be y, but thats not neccessarily a bad thing. You want a team that expects to win every game. heckuva season by the Blaze.

Ya i think you have to have some humbleness or respect for the other teams talent and we didn't but good luck next week

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this might happen i talked to a lot of the players at school today and they all seemed too confident they always come into games confident b/c they are good but you can't do that against Riverdale. Too y

Too confident would be y, but thats not neccessarily a bad thing. You want a team that expects to win every game. heckuva season by the Blaze.

Ya i think you have to have some humbleness or respect for the other teams talent and we didn't but good luck next week

Total agreement with you. Thanks for the well wishes, if Oakland plays like they did on offense tonight, they will be pretty tough to beat.

Good win by Riverdale tonight. Big games are usually won at the LOS and Riverdale's lines pretty much dominated tonight. #2 seemed to break out of his slump and played great tonight. The offense is really coming on but has its biggest test next Friday night. With West's passing, and the running of Odom, Sherrill, Gaines, Davenport, and West; this offense has a lot of weapons and seems to be peaking at the right time.

Defense played very well tonight. The drive just before half was disappointing and we need to the DBs to pull in those ints. Otherwise, the defense did a great job.

The officials were definitely a factor and made it difficult for the teams to get any momentum going.

Hope the Blackman players that were injured ar OK. Never want to see kids leave the field hurt. It was a very physical game.

Proud of the players for conducting themselves with as much class in victory as they did in defeat. The Warrior players looked like a team that understood that this was just the second round and much bigger games lie straight ahead.

Really good crowd, as expected.

Go Warriors...beat Oakland!!

OK, First off....Congrats RHS. You picked up on our downfalls and capitalized. Second.....your team showed absolutely NO Class at all during this game. Example: we have a player down and twitching after a helmet to helmet hit and your player (#22) is dancing around like some goon and grabbing his crotch. Yeah, thats all class if ya ask me. To bad even for the RHS coaching staff also, whom it seemed to take a while for them to get the hint that they may need to take a break from celebrating a dirty hit and actually pay some respect to a hurt player.You took a knee yes.....after the dancing, crotch grabbing , and cheering.....oh....and it was about the same time that the medical staff stood him up. WOW RHS, you sure are classy, i can only hope and pray one day that we have just as much class as you do and we can get just as many penalties in a game as you do points on the board. Man, Yall play like a championship team if I have ever seen one. GO OHS!!!!!!! :lol::excl:8-)

Good win by Riverdale tonight. Big games are usually won at the LOS and Riverdale's lines pretty much dominated tonight. #2 seemed to break out of his slump and played great tonight. The offense is really coming on but has its biggest test next Friday night. With West's passing, and the running of Odom, Sherrill, Gaines, Davenport, and West; this offense has a lot of weapons and seems to be peaking at the right time.

Defense played very well tonight. The drive just before half was disappointing and we need to the DBs to pull in those ints. Otherwise, the defense did a great job.

The officials were definitely a factor and made it difficult for the teams to get any momentum going.

Hope the Blackman players that were injured ar OK. Never want to see kids leave the field hurt. It was a very physical game.

Proud of the players for conducting themselves with as much class in victory as they did in defeat. The Warrior players looked like a team that understood that this was just the second round and much bigger games lie straight ahead.

Really good crowd, as expected.

Go Warriors...beat Oakland!!

OK, First off....Congrats RHS. You picked up on our downfalls and capitalized. Second.....your team showed absolutely NO Class at all during this game. Example: we have a player down and twitching after a helmet to helmet hit and your player (#22) is dancing around like some goon and grabbing his crotch. Yeah, thats all class if ya ask me. To bad even for the RHS coaching staff also, whom it seemed to take a while for them to get the hint that they may need to take a break from celebrating a dirty hit and actually pay some respect to a hurt player.You took a knee yes.....after the dancing, crotch grabbing , and cheering.....oh....and it was about the same time that the medical staff stood him up. WOW RHS, you sure are classy, i can only hope and pray one day that we have just as much class as you do and we can get just as many penalties in a game as you do points on the board. Man, Yall play like a championship team if I have ever seen one. GO OHS!!!!!!! :lol::excl:8-)

I understand the frustration, but the thing to is just offer congrats and move on. I am sure one player/group of players is not indicative of the entire team, or one incident for that matter

you are correct we are classless a player celebrates a big hit on a big 3rd down play I do agree he got a carried away with his celbration (did we not get a personal fould penalty on that play)when the team realizes the player is still down...the WHOLE TEAM GETS IN A CIRLCE FOR A PRAYER...which was organized by the players and so now we are all classless. I could bring up what your players did tonight but we wont get into that as it is not important as the game is over and we will all move on...I actually like it when we get called classless as that means we are winning

GO WARRIORS

you are correct we are classless a player celebrates a big hit on a big 3rd down play I do agree he got a carried away with his celbration (did we not get a personal fould penalty on that play)when the team realizes the player is still down...the WHOLE TEAM GETS IN A CIRLCE FOR A PRAYER...which was organized by the players and so now we are all classless. I could bring up what your players did tonight but we wont get into that as it is not important as the game is over and we will all move on...I actually like it when we get called classless as that means we are winning

GO WARRIORS

Apparently, you guys were supposed to continue on being the lovable losers from the 2008 season :excl:

GO WARRIORS

Yeah um there was no praying when the hit came at ALL, you were still trying to pull it together when he was helped off the field... Yeah you got in a "prayer circle" when PBD's son was hit but I'm sure that was ONLY to make sure you didn't get ANOTHER 15 yarder.... And NO, when you get called classless it doesn't mean that you are winning it simply means you are classless. PPL don't hate Riverdale because they are good, they hate Riverdale because they act like a bunch of thugs.... guess they get that from living in Warrior Motel, no WAIT I'm sorry there is no such thing as Warrior Motel, that is just something the Riverdale hating teams have come up with.... my bad, it's not true I promise... no one at Riverdale does ANYTHING wrong, what was I thinking.... Oh and of course Riverdale didn't deserve ANY of the penalties they received tonight (or any other night) that's called "home cookin" right? And what "things" did Blackman do tonight that would even COMPARE to the actions and attitude of SEVERAL Riverdale players? 22 needs to get hit in the mouth next week and I'll be there to watch Oakland deliver the blow. GO OAKLAND!!!!!!! :excl:

GO WARRIORS

Yeah um there was no praying when the hit came at ALL, you were still trying to pull it together when he was helped off the field... Yeah you got in a "prayer circle" when PBD's son was hit but I'm sure that was ONLY to make sure you didn't get ANOTHER 15 yarder.... And NO, when you get called classless it doesn't mean that you are winning it simply means you are classless. PPL don't hate Riverdale because they are good, they hate Riverdale because they act like a bunch of thugs.... guess they get that from living in Warrior Motel, no WAIT I'm sorry there is no such thing as Warrior Motel, that is just something the Riverdale hating teams have come up with.... my bad, it's not true I promise... no one at Riverdale does ANYTHING wrong, what was I thinking.... Oh and of course Riverdale didn't deserve ANY of the penalties they received tonight (or any other night) that's called "home cookin" right? And what "things" did Blackman do tonight that would even COMPARE to the actions and attitude of SEVERAL Riverdale players? 22 needs to get hit in the mouth next week and I'll be there to watch Oakland deliver the blow. GO OAKLAND!!!!!!! :excl:

ok so you pointed out 1 player gettin carried away with a big hit and you pointed out all of the penalties called against (yall had a few that should have been called grounding and pass interference)so instead of crying about some of this small stuff what did you think of the actual GAME ITSELF?

Dang guys, give me a break with takin' shots at the kids..."classless"..."thugs"...? I've been involved in and watched a lot of football in my life and that was a well played game by the kids overall. There was a lot of emotion out there tonight and sometimes it spills out in a way that is regretable.

The hit by 22 on 3 was a good hit...NOT "helmet to helmet" as one said. I got it on video. I thought it was borderline taunting. I wouldn't have disagreed had it been called and I didn't complain when it wasn't. I think the reason it wasn't is because 22 didn't do the taunting "over" 3...know what I mean? Collier scrambled and threw it late over the middle...I'd have laid him out too...that's the game.

As far as "classless" and "thugs", that's just plain wrong, and frankly sounds like a remark made by a kid. My son, #10 BHS commented to me after the week 10 game that the Riverdale kids are the most respectful and hard playing players in the county, in his opinion. That's a reflection on Coach A and I congratulated him on the win and told him about that after the game. Coach A was very polite and I regard him as an elite high school coach, as I do Coach Shadowens.

Blackman had an awesome year. We are thrilled with the progress and excited about our future. I couldn't ask for my son to have a better high school football experience than he's had in the past month.

So congratulations to Riverdale for an impressive win...period. We'll cheer on the county and other mid-state teams for as long as they win, and expect to see the 2009 gold ball remain in Rutherford County.

We'll lay down and rest for a while, then get up and start preparing for 2010. See ya'll next year.

...oh, yeah, the game...

Riverdale just beat us...no excuses here. We made way too many mistakes and Riverdale played a pretty clean game...actually really clean compared to Blackman. penalties..snap over the punter's head..interceptions..fumbles, especially on 2nd half kickoff following our TD ending the 1st half..a couple of defensive busts and missed tackles at the wrong time..you can't win at this level at this time of year with that

And Riverdale did a nice job of game planning with a few tweeks from week 10...nice job of executing the passing game...that killed us by keeping drives alive...and they'd line up strong one way, then trade the TE and motion to the TE, and then run their offense to the new strong side...better matchups for Riverdale, and crucial to their success tonight.

Riverdale is not what I'd consider great at anything, but real good at about everything...no glaring weaknesses. On the other hand, our weak spots kinda got exposed...but that's okay...it's one game and we're headed in the right direction.

...oh, yeah, the game...

Riverdale just beat us...no excuses here. We made way too many mistakes and Riverdale played a pretty clean game...actually really clean compared to Blackman. penalties..snap over the punter's head..interceptions..fumbles, especially on 2nd half kickoff following our TD ending the 1st half..a couple of defensive busts and missed tackles at the wrong time..you can't win at this level at this time of year with that

And Riverdale did a nice job of game planning with a few tweeks from week 10...nice job of executing the passing game...that killed us by keeping drives alive...and they'd line up strong one way, then trade the TE and motion to the TE, and then run their offense to the new strong side...better matchups for Riverdale, and crucial to their success tonight.

Riverdale is not what I'd consider great at anything, but real good at about everything...no glaring weaknesses. On the other hand, our weak spots kinda got exposed...but that's okay...it's one game and we're headed in the right direction.

I am real anxious to see the staats i dont know about you guys but we had a LOT of penalties tonight!!!