Blackman vs Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

i have copied "armstrong82" 's post because it puts into words 99% of all my thoughts for the game! Riverdale played really well, we make way to many mistakes, equals a blowout at this level!

"blaze2009" needs to apologize for their comments...and since they probably will not...i want to personally apologize for them...everyone has an opinion...and "blaze2009" can have his/ hers...but i disagree

riverdale...is class...their coach is class...their program is class!

congrads and i hope yall win it all! i really think you have a chance with the way you played last night and the way you passed the ball...that was a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE change that will take you to the next level!

P.S. the boy ended up having a pretty significant elbow dislocation...and the good news is no surgery needed! Thanks very much to all the prayers and encouragement on here!

Sounds like his injury was almost identical to how the Cookeville TE got hurt against us. I am glad to hear no surgery needed! Next year we play ya at ya's place in week 10. Maybe it will rain again and we can do belly flops on your field after the game. Start a new tradition :roflol:

Thanks for the kind words. I can't speak for every Riverdale fan, but a bunch of us realize it is just kids playing a game and the only thing that makes us different from a Star or a Bulldog or a Patriot or Wolverine or a Blaze is the color of the shirt or hat. We are all parents or friends or fans. And because no good novel is complete without some conflict, we have to have someone wear a different shirt to make the game mean something.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...oh, yeah, the game...

Riverdale just beat us...no excuses here. We made way too many mistakes and Riverdale played a pretty clean game...actually really clean compared to Blackman. penalties..snap over the punter's head..interceptions..fumbles, especially on 2nd half kickoff following our TD ending the 1st half..a couple of defensive busts and missed tackles at the wrong time..you can't win at this level at this time of year with that

And Riverdale did a nice job of game planning with a few tweeks from week 10...nice job of executing the passing game...that killed us by keeping drives alive...and they'd line up strong one way, then trade the TE and motion to the TE, and then run their offense to the new strong side...better matchups for Riverdale, and crucial to their success tonight.

Riverdale is not what I'd consider great at anything, but real good at about everything...no glaring weaknesses. On the other hand, our weak spots kinda got exposed...but that's okay...it's one game and we're headed in the right direction.

i have copied "armstrong82" 's post because it puts into words 99% of all my thoughts for the game! Riverdale played really well, we make way to many mistakes, equals a blowout at this level!

"blaze2009" needs to apologize for their comments...and since they probably will not...i want to personally apologize for them...everyone has an opinion...and "blaze2009" can have his/ hers...but i disagree

congrads and i hope yall win it all! i really think you have a chance with the way you played last night and the way you passed the ball...that was a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE change that will take you to the next level!

P.S. the boy ended up having a pretty significant elbow dislocation...and the good news is no surgery needed! Thanks very much to all the prayers and encouragement on here!

Tell 44 he's in our prayers. For the game, (ditto Armstrong) congrats to Riverdale and good luck. As for Blackman we got exposed and played way to sloppy to beat a team this good. You could see this one comming from a mile away. Remember first team to double digits wins, well that has been the case with us since we got into the real meat of our schedule.

Soph's your now juniors, juniors your now seniors time to began preparing.

To the senior class, THANKS! you guys provided us with so much fun and good times on friday nights this year. From Tully through McGav it was a elluva ride and I say thank you and best of luck. Go after life with everything you have for it is trully a vapor.

To the coaches big props and a great coaching job. I saw some kids grow up and learn the value of hard work and dedication and what can happen when you come together and play as one.

To all you guys remember your still and always be 2009 DISTRICT CHAMPIONS and

WE ARE BLACKMAN! and 2009 was a elluva of a ride!

Sounds like his injury was almost identical to how the Cookeville TE got hurt against us. I am glad to hear no surgery needed! Next year we play ya at ya's place in week 10. Maybe it will rain again and we can do belly flops on your field after the game. Start a new tradition :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words. I can't speak for every Riverdale fan, but a bunch of us realize it is just kids playing a game and the only thing that makes us different from a Star or a Bulldog or a Patriot or Wolverine or a Blaze is the color of the shirt or hat. We are all parents or friends or fans. And because no good novel is complete without some conflict, we have to have someone wear a different shirt to make the game mean something.

BUMP! :lol::lol::thumb::thumb:

Sounds like his injury was almost identical to how the Cookeville TE got hurt against us. I am glad to hear no surgery needed! Next year we play ya at ya's place in week 10. Maybe it will rain again and we can do belly flops on your field after the game. Start a new tradition :D

Excellent post!!! This could not have been said better!!!! A community united can compete and through victory AND defeat teach our young generation honor, character, and leadership. We can't forget that they are the ones that will be the next leaders and decision makers of our community and what they learn will come from the examples and influence of those they see.

pattonboysdad, sorry this is so late but I want to say, I am so happy to hear your son's injure was not as serious as it looked Friday night. I will have you know that you, your son and your family were in my prayers. All that was running thru my head as the medical team attended to him was, please!!!! Let this all be, them using precaution. I was not aware that it was an arm injure until he stood up in a sling. I was relived to see that, as funny as that may sound. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I'm going to give #22 for Riverdale the benefit of the doubt. As a defensive back, you practice all year for that opportunity. Anybody who has ever played the game understands that range of emotion, particularly when it happened. That play was kind of a death knell for Blackman. He made a big-time stick and was quite proud of it, LOL. After that adrenaline wore off, I think he, and the rest of the Warrior kids, were concerned for Crutchfield and glad that he was able to walk off on his own.

I have had the opportunity to watch Blackman 3-4 times this year, and they have nothing to be ashamed about. They have the right staff to keep them competitive and this season was a great first chapter. They just came out a little unsure and dug themselves a hole.

Credit goes to Ron Aydelott for a masterful coaching job. The Warriors playcalling was aggressive and they found some holes in the Blaze defense and flat exploited them. If West can play that well for three more weeks, they may win this thing. His ability to be a true dual threat is impressive. The Warriors seldom seem passing attack completely took Blackman by surprise.

Glad to know that the Patton kid has a good prognosis. You hate to see that happen, but I guess it was just a microcosm of the night. PBD, we wish him a speedy recovery and you relief on your deductible, LOL!

...oh, yeah, the game...

Riverdale just beat us...no excuses here. We made way too many mistakes and Riverdale played a pretty clean game...actually really clean compared to Blackman. penalties..snap over the punter's head..interceptions..fumbles, especially on 2nd half kickoff following our TD ending the 1st half..a couple of defensive busts and missed tackles at the wrong time..you can't win at this level at this time of year with that

And Riverdale did a nice job of game planning with a few tweeks from week 10...nice job of executing the passing game...that killed us by keeping drives alive...and they'd line up strong one way, then trade the TE and motion to the TE, and then run their offense to the new strong side...better matchups for Riverdale, and crucial to their success tonight.

Riverdale is not what I'd consider great at anything, but real good at about everything...no glaring weaknesses. On the other hand, our weak spots kinda got exposed...but that's okay...it's one game and we're headed in the right direction.

good to hear your boy is going recover with no surgery needed. I had heard that he has had two previous back surguries. Pretty amazing young man. He is a Junior correct? Goodluck with the recovery.

bulldog...milo...tron...and others...

yes...just a junior

the reason most of the blackman side was so quite is because he was not moving and they and his mom and i were very afraid...his back doctor was at the game and told him while he lay on the stretcher that if he ever got hurt again he better move something or he was going to kick his rear end...well not exactly those words...ha! the chance of him hurting his back is really no greater than anyone else...but you can't help but go there in your mind and heart after what he has been through and when you see him not moving...dang, i was thanking the Lord that it was just an elbow once i got down to the field! I was so thankful to Coach Shad who grabbed me as i walked onto the field about to throw up...he said...just an elbow and i choked back tears and we hugged! he loves those boys and is good to them and us as parents!

tron...as far as the deductible goes...i've been paying TOA (tennessee orthopedic alliance) monthly payments for over 3 years...putting the two boys injuries together...a little more ain't going to hurt...but if you'd like to help out...just let me know! ;)

thanks again for all the prayers and concern!

PBD :popcorneater: