Knox Catholic @ Sullivan South

THSVikings2004

I'll try to start a discussion about the actual game. The only common opponent is Knoxville West. Sullivan South beat West 21 - 0 (and didn't actually finish the game), while Catholic only won 21 - 18. I know you can't always tell the result by comparing scores, but this does worry me.

euler, the Rebels played lockdown D against Knox West. They have not played that calibre' of D since. If you check the stats you will see that West had a tuff time rushing the rock. Meanwhile the Rebel O was in classic fashion. The Rebels D had two goal line stands where each down was a loss in yardage for West.

I just don't feel any comparisons throughout the season is a fair handle on what to expect between these two teams. Catholic seems to have not played the same calibre' of football from week to week and have just been inconsistant. The Rebels on the other hand have just never recovered from the consequence of week 0. They have played well enough to stay in the hunt but that is so far from their capability. It is so dependent on which group of Rebels show up. Something tells me though that this will be a dog fight. I just hope for no injuries.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No dog in the hunt here. However, I have seen Catholic twice this year and I saw Sullivan South last week and saw them on tape from a couple of other games this year. My honest opinion is that I see South as a favorite, probaby in the 7-10 point range since they are playing at home. On a neutral field I would see South as about a 5-6 point favorite.

Both teams are quality teams. I simply believe that South is a bit deeper on both sides of the ball, and especially if they get #10 back as has been speculated.

Should be a great football game.

HTV have you seen Clinton this year?

Yes, live once, on TV once, and on tape a twice more.

Even without Hazlehurst they are an outstanding team on both sides of the ball.

Stone's numbers are incredible - I believe it is 20 TDs and no INTs on the year, which is just hard to believe considering how many times he has thrown the football. Even without Hazlehurst, it is a very potent offense.

As good a running back as Hazlehurst is, he is even more impressive to me as a linebacker. That's where Clinton misses him most, from what I have seen.

Just wanted to let you know for the record. Clint will not be back this week. I think he is probably done for the season. But I don't think the Rebels will need him Garvin and Long took care of business last week both racking up average of 15 tackles per game. I think we will be in great shape!

I too found out about Clint last night. Ethan Long has come a very long way there is no doubt. However, no one can deny that Clint was a face card when we speak of trumps. So we lost one trump face card. That in and of itself does not spell disaster but it is an issue. You can't replace a face card. This will put pressure on the DC. Expecially against a team like Catholic.

Its going to be real interesting to see who will win this game. both have been very good the past few years but I would say both are "down" from the past few years. But both teams are undefeated in the playoffs and anything could happen. I believe its the first time these two have ever played each other so we'll see what happens. Good job by SM last week making adjustments throughout the game to keep Mowest from mounting a second half comeback. :roflol:

Since I'm "one & done" and off work tomorrow. Convince me that this is the game I need to come watch? Having a hard time deciding where to go in 5A

Decisions Decisions :thumb:

...And make sure you park across from the baseball field. It never fills up. Even against DB and Bristol there was still room for about 100 cars.

I noticed their was plenty of parking out back for the DB game too, Cant believe all those people walking up Memorial wanting to get run over. I had no doubt where Id go Tomorrow. Will you buy me that hamburger? If I buy you Lunch @ my special Dive? One thing for sure it won't be Perkins after the game I couldn't even get in the dang place on my way back from Murvill last week. Good thing I called it in

Saw the Kitzes,,, They told me about the transfer,, Wishing Him much success

Best of luck Rebels

Since I'm "one & done" and off work tomorrow. Convince me that this is the game I need to come watch? Having a hard time deciding where to go in 5A

Decisions Decisions :thumb:

...And make sure you park across from the baseball field. It never fills up. Even against DB and Bristol there was still room for about 100 cars.

I noticed their was plenty of parking out back for the DB game too, Cant believe all those people walking up Memorial wanting to get run over. I had no doubt where Id go Tomorrow. Will you buy me that hamburger? If I buy you Lunch @ my special Dive? One thing for sure it won't be Perkins after the game I couldn't even get in the dang place on my way back from Murvill last week. Good thing I called it in

Saw the Kitzes,,, They told me about the transfer,, Wishing Him much success

Best of luck Rebels

I would be honored to buy you a burger. If only Colonial Heights had an Italian Village. Thanks for the support. Charleston was a terrible fit. He's had the red carpet rolled out for him twice now. He is sitting in the drivers seat now. If i can just get him to see past the nose on the end of his face. :thumb:

Catholic starts the game with the ball at their 22.

First play, Williamson play action to Huan (sp?) for 56 yards down to South's 12.

1st and 10: Cozart loses a yard

2nd and 11: 2 yard run

3rd and 9: Williamson passes to Mackle at the 3, fumbles, recovered by South at their 1.

South gets a first down, but then has to punt. Drive included a double pass play that was incomplete.

Catholic ball at South's 48.