CAK vs Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

On second thought, since I was kinda put on the spot in a public forum, I will make a short response.

0% of my 'source pics' as they are called in the fark world are from Ms. Clarks website.

All of her images are clearly watermarked are are not able to be downloaded to a pc.

Anything that I use are from public domain and the artist has already been compensated (i.e. Blount Today)

While I will say that I was in the wrong to tell someone to take it to Kinko's to get a print made, I have infringed on nothing. If you sell pics to Blount Today and they do not protect them, your problem is with them, not me.

I will try to be more sensitive to your needs Ms. Clark as it is your livelihood, and in these times that is not lost on me.

My apologies for any hurt feelings, and please visit Ms. Clark's website.

Ummmm, I am new to this site but have found this thread interesting and had to post. Just because a photo is on the internet on a Public Domain site does not mean that it is OK to download the photo and alter it as you see fit without permission of the person the photo belongs to. Just because you don't see a watermark on the photo does not give you legal right to use it. Your example was that you got it from Blount Today's web site. Just because they don't have it protected or watermark, they do have a copyright on their site. They don't have to display a watermark on the photo. The photographers name should be displayed somewhere giving them credit for the photo but it is not required by law. Just because they paid for the photo to use in their publication does not mean that they bought the rights to photo for people to steal for their personal use.

On another post by you sir, you give a link to your photo gallery and say "my pics", clearly these are not all Your pics that you have altered in one way or another and therefore it is a copyright infringemeyou know nt on these photos as you do not have permission to use them, display them or alter them in anyway. If I were you I would remove the photo of number 28 and any other photos that you now know belong to Ms. Clark as well as remove the banner you have on this site until she has given you permission to use them.

Just because you find it on the internet does not mean it is free to use or distribute unless it is displayed on the site that it is free to use or you have contact that person who owns the photo and required their permission.

Another thing to consider when taking a photo from the internet that has a person in it, the photographer may have obtained permission from that person to use their photo and sell. They does not give you the permission to the right to post that persons picture just because you found it on the internet.

That said, GO ALCOA!!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey APB is it ok if I use the F5 Club Icon?

You guys can help yourself to my entire library if you want....All of my "pics" from the past few years are in my photobucket album.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr21/alcoaspaintedbridge/

I will get the F5 Club icon on there asap.

I have a "little bird" telling me we will be in Black Jerseys tonight. Since I can't be there I expect you to reproduce them on this board.

Congrats to the CAK Players! You have a great football team. I hate that the Warriors could not have ended up in a different bracket and got a change to show how good this team is.

Congrats Tornadoes! Another great performance by all.

5 more TD's for Toney and the TN record is his! :o

GVK, Football it was great to fellowship and gain weight together..... :hungry: That STARS guy is sump'n else ain't he........ :evil:

You guys can help yourself to my entire library if you want....All of my "pics" from the past few years are in my photobucket album.

Wow that is mighty generous of you to share your wealth like this. All is right with the world now :hungry:

Wow that is mighty generous of you to share your wealth like this. All is right with the world now :hungry:

Just wait to see the REAL F5 website coming soon.............. :evil:

On second thought, since I was kinda put on the spot in a public forum, I will make a short response.

0% of my 'source pics' as they are called in the fark world are from Ms. Clarks website.

All of her images are clearly watermarked are are not able to be downloaded to a pc.

Anything that I use are from public domain and the artist has already been compensated (i.e. Blount Today)

While I will say that I was in the wrong to tell someone to take it to Kinko's to get a print made, I have infringed on nothing. If you sell pics to Blount Today and they do not protect them, your problem is with them, not me.

I will try to be more sensitive to your needs Ms. Clark as it is your livelihood, and in these times that is not lost on me.

My apologies for any hurt feelings, and please visit Ms. Clark's website.

Ummmm, I am new to this site but have found this thread interesting and had to post. Just because a photo is on the internet on a Public Domain site does not mean that it is OK to download the photo and alter it as you see fit without permission of the person the photo belongs to. Just because you don't see a watermark on the photo does not give you legal right to use it. Your example was that you got it from Blount Today's web site. Just because they don't have it protected or watermark, they do have a copyright on their site. They don't have to display a watermark on the photo. The photographers name should be displayed somewhere giving them credit for the photo but it is not required by law. Just because they paid for the photo to use in their publication does not mean that they bought the rights to photo for people to steal for their personal use.

On another post by you sir, you give a link to your photo gallery and say "my pics", clearly these are not all Your pics that you have altered in one way or another and therefore it is a copyright infringemeyou know nt on these photos as you do not have permission to use them, display them or alter them in anyway. If I were you I would remove the photo of number 28 and any other photos that you now know belong to Ms. Clark as well as remove the banner you have on this site until she has given you permission to use them.

Just because you find it on the internet does not mean it is free to use or distribute unless it is displayed on the site that it is free to use or you have contact that person who owns the photo and required their permission.

Another thing to consider when taking a photo from the internet that has a person in it, the photographer may have obtained permission from that person to use their photo and sell. They does not give you the permission to the right to post that persons picture just because you found it on the internet.

That said, GO ALCOA!!!

CheeseWithThatWhine-2.5-wid.gif

:thumb:

Congrats Tornadoes! Another great performance by all.

5 more TD's for Toney and the TN record is his!

huh :thumb: how many did he score tonight :shock:

I think just 1 TD? :thumb: 43 is the record, if he has 5 more he will have 44 and the record!

Oh ok, just thought that he had more. Know that he had 38 going in to this game. Thanks :thumb: