CAK vs Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

CAK had a whiteout? I couldn't see it.

The band usually does play the Horse when the band comes out, sometimes you just can't hear it because the band isn't as big as it used to be, therefore you can't hear them due to crowd noise.

From what I understand, TSSAA has said that we can't use the tornado siren, hence the tornado alert. Also the reason we didn't have the incredible fireworks we had last year.

I'm a traditionalist as much as the next guy, but I thought the black was pretty exciting. The fans did a wonderful job getting into it and I really believe our side was a blackout.

Very, very classy of AHS to put a wreath under the pressbox to honor the CAK's player's father. Also, very classy of all of the seniors to meet him after the coin toss to offer condolences.

As far as the game: The first quarter again to CAK, but, as said before, it takes 4 quarters to win a ballgame. Looked like CAK was running on a lot of emotion that first quarter, unfortunately emotion doesn't win ballgames. Our defense needed to be tighter during the passing game; CAK got in too many completions, but, if you throw enough passes, you're going to get picked off.

It's very unfortunate that CAK was put in the brackets where they were; they should've gone much deeper into the playoffs than they did, but it seems like I said that last year. Very impressed that there wasn't any whining about the hand they were dealt.

Congratulations to CAK for a great season. One of these games you will beat the Tornadoes, this just wasn't the year.

Great post Tornadogold. Footballdad, hope we still get to talk with you often; you represent the CAK program well and with a great deal of class. Please don't forget your Alcoa friends as we attempt to bring home a state title. We remain fans of the CAK program.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Tornadogold. Footballdad, hope we still get to talk with you often; you represent the CAK program well and with a great deal of class. Please don't forget your Alcoa friends as we attempt to bring home a state title. We remain fans of the CAK program.

No worries, I'll be following you guys the rest of the way. I'm always impressed with the Alcoa program. However; I'm torn. I'd like to see the wealth get spread around just a little bit and have some other group of kids and community get to bask in a moment of sunshine rather than Alcoa keeping it all to themselves. dry.gif But, selfishly I want CAK to be the ones to take down the Tornadoes when it eventually happens . :roflol: Now you have Loudon, again. You probably feel like the regular season district games have never ended :roflol: Maybe football savvy fans across TN will come around to appreciating what kind of district we play in, District 4 is super tough, and CAK and Loudon are not riding on the coat tails of Alcoa. Alcoa has forced us to get better and we have, just not enough to beat the Tornadoes, yet.

Thanks CAK by playing you guys it helps us get to the SHIP. Class act on your part. A lot of teams shay away from us. To get better you haft to play the best. Thanks again.

Glad we can at least make you break a sweat :roflol: Seriously though playing Alcoa twice a year for the past several years has battle harded our guys. We honestly can walk onto any football field in TN regardless of classification and not be intimidated. Thank you for making us better. Proverbs 17:27 says Iron sharpens Iron. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sorry to be a pisser but tonight just really pissed me off. I understand that a lot of people enjoy having a team wear an alternate color jersey but Im such a traditionalist that I hated seeing Alcoa in black. Our colors have nothing to do with black. We're Maroon, Gray and White and it should stay that way. If nothing else we should have called CAK and asked them to wear home jerseys and had a white out.....Im sure Im in the minority on this but it just really pisses me off that it seems like so much of the tradition I grew up with is fading away. We dont play The Horse when we run out, there is no more running through a cheerleader made paper sign, there is no more of the original tornado warning siren....It just annoys me to listen to all the west knoxville transfer parents talk about Alcoa Tradition when they dont know a darn thing about it. Maybe its just the alcohol talking but going to Alcoa football games just isnt what it use to be.

Tonado74 I can appreciate where your coming from. If this is once a year thing then I'm going to voice my opinion publicly. Our regulars uniforms look MUCH better. I'm a little confused on the west knoxville transfer comment. As for the music, I also concur with you on that as well but I LOVE THAT HELMET.....GO TORNADOES :roflol:

Ive been going to Alcoa games for now my 20th year. I use to always sit around the 35 yard line until the 05 and 06 seasons. I started to notice a crowd of people around me that were always asking each other questions about the team and on going. Struck up convo one time and realized half the darn people around me werent from Alcoa. Now its not an "OMG Alcoa recruits players" these parents had kids on the team that sat on the sidelines. After spending years beside people that clearly didnt know about alcoa football, current or past. So I moved to a different crowd of people in the 07 and 08 seasons and found the same type of people. Finally to make it feel like Alcoa football again, I moved this year behind good ol Mary so that I could be around people who actually know Alcoa Tradition.

It just seems like since Reid and Rankin eras have come the quality of football no doubt have improved but the tradition has been lost. You walk down the hill when you leave the locker room, run through a paper sign with some silly smack talk the cheerleaders came up with and you hit the sidelines while the band plays The Horse. You wear Maroon, Gray and white and your helmet must never change (darn you Ironside).

Just my lil rant, I guess you can say I just miss the good ol days but hey Im sure once they replace good ol Goddard Field (which is ignorant) all tradition will finally be lost

It just seems like since Reid and Rankin eras have come the quality of football no doubt have improved but the tradition has been lost. You walk down the hill when you leave the locker room, run through a paper sign with some silly smack talk the cheerleaders came up with and you hit the sidelines while the band plays The Horse. You wear Maroon, Gray and white and your helmet must never change (darn you Ironside).

Just my lil rant, I guess you can say I just miss the good ol days but hey Im sure once they replace good ol Goddard Field (which is ignorant) all tradition will finally be lost

I understand that you might miss some of the good old traditions, but this feels a little like a slap to the face of the players. It seems a little like you don't think the boys are playing "true Alcoa football" I thought Alcoa tradition was about:

Playing football with passion, striving for excellence, coming together as a team, overcoming challenges, and having a lot of fun.

All the bells and whistles before/after the game are great. They add to the overall atmosphere. I love the band, especially the drum core. However, the tradition is on the field. It is about remembering the legacy of past teams, and leaving your own legacy on the field.

The tradition is about the boys on the field and what they've done.