HC position at Millington

trojanswars365

Ok, its been done.....Hawkins resigns. Who is going to be the next head coach at Millington? My vote is Coach Michaels!!!!!

Whoever it is, they are walking into a lot of talent and a heavy schedule again next year. This is new ground for the principal and I hope he takes sound advice and makes a good decision. Any thoughts or comments Millington fans? Names floated out there-Tommy Harrison returns, Coach Fisher is moved up, Coach Michaels returns home......??????????

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap. I didn't expect that. I know it should have happened a while back, but I did not expect it. I guess he's just going to concentrate on administration now, huh? Do you think the next guy will have to be a Wing T guy or is this an opportunity to move into the 21st century? What do you guys think?

Holy crap. I didn't expect that. I know it should have happened a while back, but I did not expect it. I guess he's just going to concentrate on administration now, huh? Do you think the next guy will have to be a Wing T guy or is this an opportunity to move into the 21st century? What do you guys think?

Man ... I'm with you BMack ... I didn't see this coming either. Wow! The possibilities are endless.

The question becomes in my mind ... does the present administration want a young coach who they feel will be there for a while or will they go with someone older and established?

Man ... I'm with you BMack ... I didn't see this coming either. Wow! The possibilities are endless.

The question becomes in my mind ... does the present administration want a young coach who they feel will be there for a while or will they go with someone older and established?

Kwc,

That makes two of us-- I DEFINITELY did not expect Milington's HC to resign. What a shocker!

Millington needs to get a new, young coach from the "outside." They do NOT need to hire one of Coach Hawkin's assistant coaches, unless they wants more of the same brand of football.

----------------------------------

Questions for Millington insiders:

1) Why did Coach Hawkins resign?

2) Was he forced out?

With all due respect, Millington needs to get the best person for the job. Whether that's from the inside or the outside, young or old. The problem with most "young" coaches is that they don't realize (or aren't willing) how much time that you have to spend outside the stadium and practice fields talking with the people-both businesses and individuals . When you are a small town such as Millington, high school football is the pride of the community and they take it seriously. So if you are a young coach wanting to come in to Millington to be the head coach, be prepared to make yourself a part of this community. Don't think of it as just a job.

I have already talked to Coach Hawkins and thanked him for his years of service to the Trojans. Hank went to school at Millington and has been a coach here for 19 years-the last 13 as head coach. Doesn't seem possible that it has been that long.

He took us to a place we had never been before...semifinal round in the playoffs. Back to back perfect regular seasons. Hank-once a Trojan, always a Trojan. Thanks.

Man I didnt know he had been there that long. WOW. I would love to be a head coach at one place that long. I guess I am one of those young coaches that would embrace the off the field stuff. If I could get a little more knowledgeable in the X's and O's and certified I would love to tackle a job like a Millington. I like the community atmosphere in a high school.

First I would like to say Thank You Coach Hawkins for so many years of dedications to the kids in our community. It takes a special person to be a school teacher but then to give up almost half of your life to go beyond your regular job to teach young men and women outside of the class room is remarkable. Thanks again!

Now lets be respectful and show some class while we comment on this topic! And just for the record, I think Mr. Michaels would make a fine Head Coach!