No Football Posts Today....

God Bless America!!!! May the love of God be with all those who have fought and died in the armed forces to defend the rights we have. And may God be with those that are currently in the armed forces defending this great country of ours. We have the rights to get on here and speak our opinions because of these brave men and women. Great job APB...way to start a thread like this!!!! :hungry:

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

untitled.jpg

It is the VETERAN , not the preacher,

who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN , not the reporter,

who ha s give n us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN , not the poet,

who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN , not the campus organizer,

who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN , not the lawyer,

who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN , not the politician,

Who has given us the right to vote.

In memory of my grandfather who fought in WWII, and the COUNTLESS friends who have fought and served in Operation Iraqi Freedom....some who are spending THIS Veterans Day serving....

To APB, and the other Veterans on this board.....we may bicker and fuss ( like all families do :roflol: )

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart....Happy Veterans Day!

In memory of my father, who as a 19 year old lay wounded for a full day on a French battlefield, his abdomen filled with shrapnel. He never really talked much about the experience and kind of downplayed his value to the war effort, but he was a true hero. He and other heroes of the Greatest Generation made it possible for us to continue to enjoy our freedoms.

There aren't many surviving World War II veterans these days. If you know of one or encounter one by chance, go out of your way to make the veteran aware of your appreciation.