Ooltewah Football

TNsteeler

It is tough when we call a 9-2 season a disappointment, but that is where this football program's bar has been set.

(Not being negative....Owls had a great senior class (probably one of the best when it comes to wins), and if looking at Freshman and JV scores, a great group coming up..... The Owls are due)

This is a good thing. The coaching staff and players must learn from this season. It takes years of lessons and good seasons to make a GREAT season.

As fans, we want a GREAT season. I remember (pre Monroe days) when Owl fans didn't even consider a playoff run. Now, we are disappointed over a season like the 09' one.

What needs to happen to make this GREAT playoff run............?????????????

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"When will East Hamilton start affecting the football program? I'm almost positive I saw they beat Ooltewah in 8th grade football this season (boys' basketball, also, which often comes down just to who has better athletes in middle school play). Will Ooltewah get students from outside their immediate area to make up for any shortfalls...East Hamilton had about 900 with I'm guessing very small upperclassman groups."

I expect that it will show in the 2011 season, after these boys get some experience under their belts. Hurricanes had a tough season this year, but you have to consider that they had no senior class, was playing in one of the toughest brackets 4AA and played some strong opposition with programs that have existed for a long time.

EH had some good talent with sophmore Chris Moore @ quarterback and juniors Dylan Epperson, Brandon Parton & Cameron Knox and Freshmen Jacobey Caldwell and Logan Jackson in the backfield. They also have a strong set of recievers in juniors Brandon Williams and Andrew Leonard, sophmores Chansler Williamson and Michael Johnston and Freshman Logan Jackson. Most of these guys play defense as well and help out linebackers, junior Brandon Parton, sophmore Mason Galanto and freshman Harrison Warren. And they have some standout linemen in Dakota Fearn, Stephen Jetton, Nathan Cagle, Ricky Caperton and Francisco Rodriquez.

Four freshmen started on both sides of the ball this year. Think of what it takes for freshmen to step up and play ball @ the varsity level against guys alot older and bigger. And in key positions like Jackson running back punts and kickoffs, Jackson and Caldwell taking on tailback responsiblities, Warren playing strong linebacker and Rodriquez @ defensive end (he will end up being another Jaquez Smith). Also what a big step even for the sophmores, Moore @ QB and Williamson, Johnston and Galanto being serious key players as well.

The whole group did an outstanding job for a first year program and you will see many of these kids turn out to be well known respected ball players in the upcoming years with several moving on to play college ball. EH had over 1200 yds rushing this year and although they didnt win every game, they got experience for younger players that other programs couldnt offer. The coaching staff is the best and will make sure these boys present a different showing next year. Good things are gonna happen with this program and I see a state title in just a few years.

It is tough when we call a 9-2 season a disappointment, but that is where this football program's bar has been set.

This is a good thing. The coaching staff and players must learn from this season. It takes years of lessons and good seasons to make a GREAT season.

As fans, we want a GREAT season. I remember (pre Monroe days) when Owl fans didn't even consider a playoff run. Now, we are disappointed over a season like the 09' one.

What needs to happen to make this GREAT playoff run............?????????????

You had a very good team. One of the best in Tn. It was unfortunate that your first round game was with the Admirals. Good luck next year.

"When will East Hamilton start affecting the football program? I'm almost positive I saw they beat Ooltewah in 8th grade football this season (boys' basketball, also, which often comes down just to who has better athletes in middle school play). Will Ooltewah get students from outside their immediate area to make up for any shortfalls...East Hamilton had about 900 with I'm guessing very small upperclassman groups."

I expect that it will show in the 2011 season, after these boys get some experience under their belts. Hurricanes had a tough season this year, but you have to consider that they had no senior class, was playing in one of the toughest brackets 4AA and played some strong opposition with programs that have existed for a long time.

EH had some good talent with sophmore Chris Moore @ quarterback and juniors Dylan Epperson, Brandon Parton & Cameron Knox and Freshmen Jacobey Caldwell and Logan Jackson in the backfield. They also have a strong set of recievers in juniors Brandon Williams and Andrew Leonard, sophmores Chansler Williamson and Michael Johnston and Freshman Logan Jackson. Most of these guys play defense as well and help out linebackers, junior Brandon Parton, sophmore Mason Galanto and freshman Harrison Warren. And they have some standout linemen in Dakota Fearn, Stephen Jetton, Nathan Cagle, Ricky Caperton and Francisco Rodriquez.

Four freshmen started on both sides of the ball this year. Think of what it takes for freshmen to step up and play ball @ the varsity level against guys alot older and bigger. And in key positions like Jackson running back punts and kickoffs, Jackson and Caldwell taking on tailback responsiblities, Warren playing strong linebacker and Rodriquez @ defensive end (he will end up being another Jaquez Smith). Also what a big step even for the sophmores, Moore @ QB and Williamson, Johnston and Galanto being serious key players as well.

The whole group did an outstanding job for a first year program and you will see many of these kids turn out to be well known respected ball players in the upcoming years with several moving on to play college ball. EH had over 1200 yds rushing this year and although they didnt win every game, they got experience for younger players that other programs couldnt offer. The coaching staff is the best and will make sure these boys present a different showing next year. Good things are gonna happen with this program and I see a state title in just a few years.

from what I see and have heard, East Hamilton will not hurt The Owls football program......no way

Will somebody with knowledge of the team give a forecast for next year? What positions are going to need to be filled because of graduating seniors.... who's gonna have a breakout season next year... etc...

I am just an average (but devoted) Owl fan. I do not know enough about the players coming up to make any predictions....

....but.....

I do know (from what I've witnessed in 6 ballgames this year)

#5 will be the leader of this team..... the Warren kid can contribute... most of the line is back (I think)

#30 will be a head hunter on Defense (hard hitter on special teams this year)

There are some other posters on this site that can give a deeper assessment of the Owls' future talent.

help us out guys and girls...

#5 will be the leader of this team..... the Warren kid can contribute... most of the line is back (I think)

#30 will be a head hunter on Defense (hard hitter on special teams this year)

You will see big things out of T.J. Warren #84, he's been under utilized, he's fast, runs a 4.4 sec 40 and has good hands. He was a standout on the JV team. Also look for big things out of Jay Rudwall #30, who has also not been used to his potential. Both are sophmores. Rudwall has run as fullback some on the scout team but should be moved to tailback and given more carries with the ball. He is a stud and does everything full speed and hits hard. Both of these guys will be playing somewhere on Saturdays in a couple years. There is a freshman, Roberto Paulino who should be the fullback, look for big things out of him, if he keeps his grades up. He is also amazing on defense. I suppose that Mikail Creeech will step up to the QB position, he has played there as a freshman and a sophmore, he just needs to get in the weight room and put on some weight. Another kid to watch for is Will Purnell, I expect him to be big for the team as soon as somene gives him the opportunity. He has been a standout defensively on the freshman team and is ready to play on Friday nites. T.J. Davis has run the ball good for the JV team, but is small, usually good around the ends but not big enough to go up the middle, maybe he might be a better wide reciever. Just my take on what I have seen.

Word on the street is there s a couple of kids that didnt play this year are coming out next year..............one of them is a stud QB and the other is a heck of a prospect for receiver. It s amazing to me the athletes in the halls are not playing football much less baseball, i know of some studs gonna make heads turn this year in baseball if they get out there, ( which there supposed too) and i hope they do!!!!!! :thumb: