Region 1 Wrestling

HULK123

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah not Matt... But you're welcome!

I agree with Charlie... Wish that loss could have came in the finals instead of the semis! But great work from the wrestlers and coaches all the same!... Hard to believe that a team with no returning state medalists can have such a strong dual season including a third place finish at state! That says a lot about the coaches!

KingGreene,

Pardon my mistake. I am pushing the envelope of fatigue and am probably thinking clearly only about fifty percent of the time these days.

I am glad we could represent the region as well as we did. Rankings mean everything and nothing, and I know that there were many folks in other parts of the state who probably felt like ours has been unwarranted. Hopefully we have disabused them of that notion, at least for now.

Our next challenge is finding a way to stay this competitive every year, not just every so often.

I believe you are correct in your assumption 10-2-4. I did have the privilege of working with a good handful of that starting line up during this past summer. I became really close with all of them and have kept in contact with them through the season. They are a great group of young men and I know how bad they want to be successfull because they show it in their work ethic! I'm glad they are achieving their goals.... But it's not over yet! I expect to see a few state medals returning to the Hill in a couple weeks!

ArtusCimber, you keep sending them up and we'll do what we can with them! I am more than happy to help as much as I can with such a tight-knit program such as SH!

KingGreene,

You guys should definitely feel like you had a part in this, because you did. A major one. I have been looking for a situation like the one last Spring for a long time. I'm definitely not as young as I used to be, and the new restrictions would make it impossible for me to run the roads with the kids like I used to anyway (plus I have to get my baseball fix in the spring).

I am more appreciative of your help than I can say; I wish the rest of the region would take advantage of the opportunity you guys provide.

KingGreene,

I'll second and third 10-2-4 and ArtusCimber on how well you work with the kids from the northeast. I was thrilled when, after asking my son what *educational* activity he had planned for the spring, he said he was going to wrestle. Last year he was ready for chorus. :lol:

Science Hill's seeds are:

First

Max Vaughn (103)

Cole Schurlknight (112)

Matt Stull (145)

Matt Cruise (160)

Matt Cannon (171)

Josh Lewis (215)

Josh Barnette (285)

Second

Steven Goldstein (119)

Jonathan Pearce (125)