Opening at Siegel?

warhawks

I don't see Perry at Siegel for the Wing-T reason. He's an outstanding coach and his system is pretty diverse for a Wing-T system, but think about this for a second.

Who will be Siegel's QB next year??

Who does his dad coach??

What system does daddy use??

You get all of your answers when you put two and two together.

"Daddy" going to pick the coach for Mr Nolan too? I think "Daddy" will find that BOTH the Nolan brothers like to make their own decisions. Coaches at MTSU come and go (especially ones talking to Memphis), but some us plan to live here FOREVER! :thumb:

Great kid and great family. He may be the most knowledgable parent of a player about the game but he's not one to give Nolan or the coaches advice. And true his son did play quarterback on a very successful freashman team, but he knows he will have to work hard to start at the varsity level. Good kid...he's not expecting anything to be handed to him.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of agreeing with LOD on this one, I can't blame a coach for improving his families quality of life. I hope Perry stays with Mj and brings us a state championship soon, I just don't see him applying for a job because he has great facilities here and good kids to work with. I also agree a $8000 pay raise and actually having his athletes during the school day is a huge benefit. I had talked earlier in the season with a church member whose son plays at Watertown High School and she said they worked out/meet at 6:15 am in the morning, went through a regular school day, and then practiced until 6pm after school. That is a 12 hour day for these kids. I know they work harder than the board members who only put in a few hours a week. Heck, I would want some family time at some point. The coaches also work B-team games, varsity games, and some work freshmen games. They meet on weekends so they could better prepare for their next game. I think we should actually give them a raise, $25.00 maybe.

Let's see. This is MUS's second year running it and they have won 20 straight games. Arlington installed it this year and they finished the regular season 10-0. Brighton turned it all around last season, their first running The System. Those are just off the top of my head. Yes, Wilson Central's season was a disaster. My guess is that Aric didn't coach it correctly. There are a ton of little things you have to coach. You don't have to have a quarterback and some ballers, you just need a QB that can consistently complete a 5-10 yard pass and receivers that can catch them. However, the better the QB, the more you can do and the better the results will be.

This is from a DNJ article:

More than 300 schools in 45 states, including Hawaii and Alaska, are clients of The System. Texas has the most with 50 schools. Kentucky and Alabama, states in which Franklin coached for several years, also carry a large clientele. Nineteen Tennessee schools are clients of The System, most of which will play in the playoffs Friday...The System clients played in 17 state championship games in 12 states last year. Memphis University School, a client, won the Division II-AA state title last season and touts a 10-0 record heading into the playoffs.

Comparing apples to oranges when it comes to MUS and Siegel. Siegel is having to use kids in their own zone vs a school with some of the best talent in W Tn that can be bought! Sort of like Ensworth with some of the best talent in middle Tn that can be bought. :thumb:

As to the so called "Tony Franklin SYSTEM", I am LESS impressed with it than I am with the Wing T! dry.gif

What a lot of people don't understand about "The System" is that it's not really about plays, formations, or even about special ways to execute those plays. It's more of a "system" for organizing and administrating a football offense: practice plans, special drills, terminology, ways to signal in plays, etc.

Franklin's said so himself: all kinds of people run the same basic "offense in a box" he's selling and you can find the plays and stuff out there for free online. What you're really paying for when you become is client is an in depth tutorial and "tech support" on how really use it to prepare your team.

I think most of the teams that struggle so much with "The System" are the ones who think the magic is in the sauce (the plays and formations), when really it's in the way the meat is prepared (the organization, communication, and admin aspects).

And the Wing-T is still a fine offense, as long as you've got an OL coach who knows how to teach it and an offensive coordinator who knows the system well enough to call a game and make the proper adjustments. If you're missing either one of those and you try to call yourself Wing-T, you're going to suck.

What a lot of people don't understand about "The System" is that it's not really about plays, formations, or even about special ways to execute those plays. It's more of a "system" for organizing and administrating a football offense: practice plans, special drills, terminology, ways to signal in plays, etc.

Franklin's said so himself: all kinds of people run the same basic "offense in a box" he's selling and you can find the plays and stuff out there for free online. What you're really paying for when you become is client is an in depth tutorial and "tech support" on how really use it to prepare your team.

I think most of the teams that struggle so much with "The System" are the ones who think the magic is in the sauce (the plays and formations), when really it's in the way the meat is prepared (the organization, communication, and admin aspects).

Well said.

For the Crawford and Perry haters out there: There names are going to be in every big time coaching job whether they applied for it or not. These two are two big time coaches that have earned respect. If I were the head of a school I would be looking for the best too. I mean to in order to be the best you have to surround yourself with the best.

For the Wing T haters out there:

One Word: Riverdale

For the Tony Franklin haters out there:

Three letters, MUS

For the Crawford and Perry haters out there: There names are going to be in every big time coaching job whether they applied for it or not. These two are two big time coaches that have earned respect. If I were the head of a school I would be looking for the best too. I mean to in order to be the best you have to surround yourself with the best.

For the Wing T haters out there:

One Word: Riverdale

What is the time table for this hire? Will the new head coach be allowed to bring in staff like Oakland had done or will they suffer another few years (2-3) and repeat the scenario? This has the billings of a high profile job that can rise or crash and burn? I'm new to the area and what other jobs are open in the boro.

What is the time table for this hire? Will the new head coach be allowed to bring in staff like Oakland had done or will they suffer another few years (2-3) and repeat the scenario? This has the billings of a high profile job that can rise or crash and burn? I'm new to the area and what other jobs are open in the boro.

As far as I know this is the only HC in the area that is open. Unless someone else knows different!

THERE ARE SEVERAL COACHES THAT WOULD FIT RIGHT IN THAT HAVE NOT BEEN MENTIONED. COACH SCHARSCH WOULD BE A GREAT FIT. HE HAS COACHED AT RIVERDALE, STARTED THE EAGLEVILLE PROGRAM FROM SCRATCH AND HAS HAD A GREAT YEAR AT SPRINGHILL. HE IS YOUNG HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND WILL WORK THE KIDS HARD, TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THEM.HE COULD POSSIBLY TURN SIEGEL AROUND IN 2 YRS.