Union City High School Football Field Voted #1 in America

uctfan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pics.....

http://www.ucturf.com/war.html

Just think though, when someone wins the powerball all of that grass will be gone and UC will have a stadium with field turf on it, no painting, no mowing, no maintenance....unless they want to maintain the practice fields...

:lol: .... :thumb:

I was watching the Memphis news last night...There was a game played at Orange Mound last night, home of Melrose..They got field turf....

I was watching the Memphis news last night...There was a game played at Orange Mound last night, home of Melrose..They got field turf....

They do. Inman at Paris played on it a couple of weeks ago for the TMSAA middle school championship. It was really nice.

UC has always had a great field. The photos are nice.

Good luck to the Tornados Friday night.

Here are some pics.....

Some great shots and quite a honor to hold! Congrats and what a fantastic job the :D Turf Managament Crew! UC may have to bring in some portable bleachers this Friday night! The Stadium will be packed! IT will be another great game between two great schools! One question has nothing to with UC or Huntingdon. How did Mayfield fair this season? Good luck Friday night!

If you are referring to Mayfield, KY football, they went undefeated I believe. If you are referring to a player named Mayfield, I have no clue. :lol:

Here are some pics.....

Some great shots and quite a honor to hold! Congrats and what a fantastic job the :lol: Turf Managament Crew! UC may have to bring in some portable bleachers this Friday night! The Stadium will be packed! IT will be another great game between two great schools! One question has nothing to with UC or Huntingdon. How did Mayfield fair this season? Good luck Friday night!

If you are referring to Mayfield, KY football, they went undefeated I believe. If you are referring to a player named Mayfield, I have no clue. :D

Mayfield ended the regular season at 9-1...They lost to Caldwell County in Princeton the last game of the season....They had been ranked #1 for the last few weeks of the season...They won their first round playoff game at home against Caverna 70-0 then followed that up with another home win over Ballard County.....This week they play at home again against Chritenden Co...These two teams played twice last year with the Rockets winning both games..It was the only time a team had ever beaten Mayfield twice in a season....Mayfield beat CC earlier this season on the road...At the time it was the #1 vs #3 1A teams facing off against each other...CC is coming off a road win in Louisville and has a record of 10-2..CC's other loss was to undefeated Murray at Roy Stewart Stadium in Murray...

They do. Inman at Paris played on it a couple of weeks ago for the TMSAA middle school championship. It was really nice.

UC has always had a great field. The photos are nice.

Good luck to the Tornados Friday night.

Christian Brothers and MUS has field turf too...

UC has a great facility for High School football so congrats and best of luck this weekend. One thing though that brings it down a notch in my book is the visitors side of the field. You need more seating. More seats equals more fans in the stands. Teams such as Gleason, West Carroll, etc. have more seating than your place and thats a shame.

UC has a great facility for High School football so congrats and best of luck this weekend. One thing though that brings it down a notch in my book is the visitors side of the field. You need more seating. More seats equals more fans in the stands. Teams such as Gleason, West Carroll, etc. have more seating than your place and thats a shame.

Two things...

First, this award is about the turf, not any other thing in the stadium. It is all about the field itself.

As for the Visitors seating, I am at every game, very , very few times is the seating full. Yes, it would be nice to have a larger visitors side, but for one game or two games every year or two, the way the economy is today, probably won't be anything done on that.

Two things...

First, this award is about the turf, not any other thing in the stadium. It is all about the field itself.

As for the Visitors seating, I am at every game, very , very few times is the seating full. Yes, it would be nice to have a larger visitors side, but for one game or two games every year or two, the way the economy is today, probably won't be anything done on that.

:popcorneater: ...ucdiditagain....Our visitors side is as big or bigger than some of the 1A home sides we play in....

You remember the year Westview came in #3 in the state and we were #1 ??...Had people all the way across Miles Ave (the four lane in front of the stadium for folks from out of town) parking in the elementary school lot....Never seen a crowd before or since that large at War Memorial...

BTW...Gleason does not have more visitor's side seating..Not even close

UC does have a really nice faciliy to play on/in. I feel McKenzie has just as nice a facility if not better. I sure won't get into a whizzing contest over it. When talking of class A facilities I would say that UC, McKenzie and Huntingdon would all have to be near the top!!!

I agree. 3 great towns with lots of pride in their schools and athletic programs.