Anderson Co(9-3)@Columbia Central(11-1)Let Get It On......

lion99

To TommyTrojan,

Duuuude, you say AC's defense is bad or sad. You don't mention Columbias defense. AC only had 56 less yards of total offense that Columbia. AC had 130 yards more passing against Columbia than they did against AC. Now, Columbia had 207 yards rushing to AC's 17, so AC's rush defense was bad.

If AC's defense was lit up like a christmas tree, then Columbias defense was the christmas tree next door. Counting out two bad defenses, the other factor here was time. That is AC ran out of it.

If your going to say it, be specific. Don't be so vague you look biased, subjective, and uncredible.

All things said, Columbia won on the board. No arguing that. However, it was not one sided or a blowout as you sound.

SSSSSSSSS, enjoy your posts. You are so far the only Columbia fan that does post from a objective point of view. Thank you and good luck to your Lions next week.

Good luck to the lions.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

figures ac would cry about the refs... :roflolk: ... thats funny.... cry everyone a river :thumb: .... glad u guys got a taste of gettin alot calls against ya... we got it the week before... but did the coaches really have to fight after gettin beat.. :thumb: ... take it like men an move on.... u gave up 50 points... thats why ya lost... not the refs.... but im glad u got a taste of some really bad calls.... heck clinton had way more penalty yards the week before, over 150 yards worth u guys had 99 last night...... thanks columbia for bringin the mavs back down to earth..... they needed it

Just a camera man reporting my findings on the outcome of this game, I have no interest in the outcome of this or any other game. when I am finished with a sporting event or any other assignment, I go home and my day is finished. I spent time reviewing this game for 4 hours, calls are to be made in good faith, however this was not the case, there were several game changing calls that were missed and or called incorrectly which were blatant.

Good luck to both teams, and God bless.

Just a camera man reporting my findings on the outcome of this game, I have no interest in the outcome of this or any other game. when I am finished with a sporting event or any other assignment, I go home and my day is finished. I spent time reviewing this game for 4 hours, calls are to be made in good faith, however this was not the case, there were several game changing calls that were missed and or called incorrectly which were blatant.

Well Said! It took guts to say that and knowing Davey Gillum like I do, one thing about him he does not lie!!!

Good game Mavs you had a great season. As far as the refs go, you would have had to been there to believe it. That was the most obvious attempt by a crew to help one team win that I have ever saw. I kind of figured we would get jobbed a little by the refs when i heard that cleveland had 2 td's called back in there game but this was rediculous. Columbia is a pretty good team, there offense is tough. The refs were so bad that at the end of the game almost all of AC sideline coaches were in the refs faces letting them have it, but alot of good it does they already handed them the game. Columbia you will probably win this next round because its at home and apparently there not going to let you lose but when you get to cookville thats not gonna happen. As far as the guy who said your qb has the best arm in the state, you have never saw stone from clinton throw it. Not even close.

Well said! Well Said! That is the bottom line!

Anderson County Can Hold Their Heads Very High!!!! Actually they were the better team; overall. I understand there were some referee issues against AC but let us be Honest the Mavericks have outperformed all expectations by unbelievable results. I noticed something tonight each and every player, played their heart out. A Maverick never quits and that holds so true tonight. This Team in itself has accomplished more than any team in this State for this year. You Guys need to Hold those Heads up High and Walk around Proud! You are the best! Trust me with the little time each of you have had, the different coaching changes, and the small time you have had to equip yourselves; you guys have done what no other team has accomplished.

This I can Say was A true Maverick Team!!! Team 2009

For the Seniors I wish you the best of Confidence! You guys are the best!!! Just Remember you were a part of this incredible dream!

For those that are ready for next year! Oh boy you will give AC schedule a run for the money! I really think that AC will be the only county team standing this time, without a doubt!!!

You Mavericks are the Best! I Could not be more Proud! Happy Thanksgiving and Have A Wonderful and Merry Christmas!!!!

As a fan that was pulling for Columbia, mainly because I live here but have never been to one of their games before, I thought it was sad that the refs didn't let the game get decided on the field. It was the worst officiated game I have ever seen and that is saying alot.

#6 for Anderson County is a stud and then some. Best player on the field by far. QB for Columbia is alot better than I thought he was being this was the first time I had seen him play.

I thought the AC coaches let the refs bad calls get to them a little too much. So much in fact, the few times the refs did call it right, they were still upset. My son and I were sitting on the AC side and it got really bad over there especially after the game. I didn't see what happened to cause the pushing and shoving after the game but it appeared it wasn't the players but either the coaches and fans.

Like I said, just sad to see such a great game between two evenly matched teams be decided by the refs.

BTW, worst call of the night....Columbia throws a long pass and their WR has the AC guy beat by 5 yards at least, he drops the ball and the refs throw the flag for pass interference. Somehow the AC DB interfered with the Columbia WR even though he was 5 yards behind him. That call alone made it look like there was fix on. However on AC's 4th down attempt when they claimed the WR was interfered with, I saw the Columbia LB hit him but it looked to me like he was right at the line of scrimmage or behind. He may not have been, but at least that noncall was close, unlike the others.

Just sad all around IMO.

actually that was a great call...the AC back was beat really bad so he tried to take

out the Columbia receiver's feet which was basically the only thing he could do

yeah, he got the interference but it saved a td cause if he hadn't dove at the guys

legs and let him caught it in stride that would have been another six...great call

everybody gets flagged a lot against central because they are so big, fast, and

quick...players get desperate and have to try whatever they can to block those

guys

Thank you for your objectivity and taking the time to post this. It is really sad that sports officiating can come to this. You had to see it to believe it. I hope you will share your film with the TSSAA who will do nothing about it, unless, perhaps, they quietly allow the offending group of officials to be put out to pasture where they belong. It's almost surreal to recall all the examples of atrocious officiating in this game. Of course, all we can do at this point is move on and hope that nothing like this happens to Columbia or any other team of young men who give it their all in contrast to a cabal of malevolent old men about whose ill will and poor character we can only speculate.

I did not see this game, but after watching the Cleveland and Central game, there is no doubt in the mind that calls more than likely went in Columbia's favor. Columbia should be sitting at home right now. They were thoroughly outplayed in their first round game, and were out gained in every statistic category possible. If this game was bad, get the "Cleveland v. Columbia" game film. To me that would be he prequel to this game. Several holdings that were never called, and untimely penalties on touchdowns that did not even exist. I can not tell you how many times I rewinded the film on two of the penalties that cost Cleveland touchdowns to find that the penalty was non-existant. Columbia is either getting very lucky with the calls or they have some deep wallets.

*These referees need to be held accountable by the T$$AA, they've taken away playoff games from two clearly better teams.

AND

If anyone wants the game film from the Columbia/Cleveland just PM me, It would be my pleasure.

Thank you for your objectivity and taking the time to post this. It is really sad that sports officiating can come to this. You had to see it to believe it. I hope you will share your film with the TSSAA who will do nothing about it, unless, perhaps, they quietly allow the offending group of officials to be put out to pasture where they belong. It's almost surreal to recall all the examples of atrocious officiating in this game. Of course, all we can do at this point is move on and hope that nothing like this happens to Columbia or any other team of young men who give it their all in contrast to a cabal of malevolent old men about whose ill will and poor character we can only speculate.

u guys need to move on...the refs didn't score any of the fifty points you gave up....

if the refs wanted to help columbia they would have thrown a flag or two on all those

long kickoff returns AC had....there was holding and blocking in the back on all those

I also recall that Columbia had a long td bomb called back which took 6 off the

board for columbia

AC played a great game and wisely went after columbia's 14 all night (everybody does)

their problem was they had no chance to slow Columbia down 88 was just way, way

to fast I was shocked that he ran down that last bomb there on Columbia's last drive

wow

u guys need to move on...the refs didn't score any of the fifty points you gave up....

if the refs wanted to help columbia they would have thrown a flag or two on all those

long kickoff returns AC had....there was holding and blocking in the back on all those

I also recall that Columbia had a long td bomb called back which took 6 off the

board for columbia

AC played a great game and wisely went after columbia's 14 all night (everybody does)

their problem was they had no chance to slow Columbia down 88 was just way, way

to fast I was shocked that he ran down that last bomb there on Columbia's last drive

wow

You know, no one on here has really attributed the poor officiating to Columbia in the sense that they could somehow have orchestrated it. In fact, the tenor of the posts has been just the opposite. I said that we just need to move on. However, your continued apologies and excuses for the officials' malevolence is curious. Are you one of the cabal? Do you know something we don't? Is there a connection? I have an old friend who says that if you throw a rock at a pack of dogs, the one that comes out yelping is the one that was hit. There's some wisdom in that expression.