Anderson Co(9-3)@Columbia Central(11-1)Let Get It On......

lion99

Tanner Williams needed 131 yards of passing to break state record. He needed 302 yards to get to 4000 on the season. He had 290 yards at end of the first half (according to Columbia radio anouncer). I know he had well over 100 more yards in second half. I would say he got it and became the first in TN to throw for over 4000 yards in a season. EVER.

Tanner threw for 468 yards. Broke record by a lot. Kesterson left game at half in ambulance and didn't return. Refs were unbelievable and I'm not just saying it. Williams was in endzone on 2nd to last drive and they called him down at half yardline. On 4th down and after a penalty had to settle 4 FG and 44-42 lead before they scored with 2 min left. On our way back. Team will be home about 3 am. Great season Mavs. Got ugly after game bc of refs. They are the worst I've ever seen. Hopefully TSSAA will watch film and not let these guys ref anymore. It was sad!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanner Williams needed 131 yards of passing to break state record. He needed 302 yards to get to 4000 on the season. He had 290 yards at end of the first half (according to Columbia radio anouncer). I know he had well over 100 more yards in second half. I would say he got it and became the first in TN to throw for over 4000 yards in a season. EVER.

Tanner threw for 468 yards. Broke record by a lot. Kesterson left game at half in ambulance and didn't return. Refs were unbelievable and I'm not just saying it. Williams was in endzone on 2nd to last drive and they called him down at half yardline. On 4th down and after a penalty had to settle 4 FG and 44-42 lead before they scored with 2 min left. On our way back. Team will be home about 3 am. Great season Mavs. Got ugly after game bc of refs. They are the worst I've ever seen. Hopefully TSSAA will watch film and not let these guys ref anymore. It was sad!

your defense was sad dude, not the referees Columbia lions don't play with bad defenses, they

light them up like a christmas tree

Ref's were not as bad as this guy claims. Yea so what they spotted him down on half yard line, YOU STILL LOSE BY 2!!! Good football game, hated to see either team lose. Congrats to the quarterback on the record, that's pretty impressive. #6 for AC is a BEAST. Good luck next week Lions. I will be cheering for ya.

Ref's were not as bad as this guy claims. Yea so what they spotted him down on half yard line, YOU STILL LOSE BY 2!!! Good football game, hated to see either team lose. Congrats to the quarterback on the record, that's pretty impressive. #6 for AC is a BEAST. Good luck next week Lions. I will be cheering for ya.

They were indeed that bad. The no call in the end zone on offensive pass interference changed the complexion of the game. Columbia would have been punting on 4th down if it would have been called. Receiver CLEARLY pushed off. Our last offensive play of the game no. 22 gets hammered a second before the pass gets to him and no call. Numerous tackles by the Lions' OL of our DL and LB's, mostly no calls.

TSSAA needs to see the film from this game. Worst I've ever seen. Absolutely horrendous. The refs lost control because of the no calls. I've never seen our coaches this angry. It's nothing the Lions did. They comported themselves with class. They played smart football by pushing the envelope and taking what the numbskull refs would give. The refs should be ashamed of themselves.

With that said, the Columbia QB is good. He had all the time he needed because of their big line and their tackling, but he made us pay. If Sully South can get to the QB they should be alright. If not, watch out.

No. 30 for Columbia not really a factor on offense as he was apparently too dinged up to play RB much. But he's a beast at LB even with a hurt ham.

Good game Mavs you had a great season. As far as the refs go, you would have had to been there to believe it. That was the most obvious attempt by a crew to help one team win that I have ever saw. I kind of figured we would get jobbed a little by the refs when i heard that cleveland had 2 td's called back in there game but this was rediculous. Columbia is a pretty good team, there offense is tough. The refs were so bad that at the end of the game almost all of AC sideline coaches were in the refs faces letting them have it, but alot of good it does they already handed them the game. Columbia you will probably win this next round because its at home and apparently there not going to let you lose but when you get to cookville thats not gonna happen. As far as the guy who said your qb has the best arm in the state, you have never saw stone from clinton throw it. Not even close.

As a fan that was pulling for Columbia, mainly because I live here but have never been to one of their games before, I thought it was sad that the refs didn't let the game get decided on the field. It was the worst officiated game I have ever seen and that is saying alot.

#6 for Anderson County is a stud and then some. Best player on the field by far. QB for Columbia is alot better than I thought he was being this was the first time I had seen him play.

I thought the AC coaches let the refs bad calls get to them a little too much. So much in fact, the few times the refs did call it right, they were still upset. My son and I were sitting on the AC side and it got really bad over there especially after the game. I didn't see what happened to cause the pushing and shoving after the game but it appeared it wasn't the players but either the coaches and fans.

Like I said, just sad to see such a great game between two evenly matched teams be decided by the refs.

BTW, worst call of the night....Columbia throws a long pass and their WR has the AC guy beat by 5 yards at least, he drops the ball and the refs throw the flag for pass interference. Somehow the AC DB interfered with the Columbia WR even though he was 5 yards behind him. That call alone made it look like there was fix on. However on AC's 4th down attempt when they claimed the WR was interfered with, I saw the Columbia LB hit him but it looked to me like he was right at the line of scrimmage or behind. He may not have been, but at least that noncall was close, unlike the others.

Just sad all around IMO.

WOW! What a game! Wish i could have been there to see it! Congratulations to Columbia. Congratulations to AC on a great season. AC, you need to work on your defense and running game this off season and you guys should be unstoppable next season. Im sure you guys will be the favorite going into the season to win the district.

Columbia, good luck next week against Sullivan South!