York at Smith Co.

oldchsman

"Good luck to both teams, it is truly an honor to make it this far.

I am not trying to start anything or disrespect either team, but I have watched a film on York, not Smith Co. vs. Seq. Co. Looking forward, all teams from the top bracket would probably beat York by more than 20 easy. The unfortunate thing is Alcoa will beat all the teams in the top bracket by 20 or more. I am not sure about Milan, but it seems that the east may be a little tougher this year. Just an opinion."

I think I've heard this before...oh yes, Goodpasture by 3 touchdowns. Anyone can say what they want but York is proving it on the field. As for Smith Co. not being the same team as when York beat them 28-0...well York isn't the same team either...they are also much better.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great one this Friday night. Unlike some previous posts that I have read, I think this game is decided by 1 score, and that it will come down to the end either way. Both teams are playing to their full potential right now. The winner gets to host Milan.

Smith County - 23

York Institute - 21

Nope the winner does not get to host Milan!! Milan is a 1 seed and York and SC are lower seeds so they have to travel, same reason why York has to go SC this week SC is the higher seed. SC will host if Camden wins I believe.

Good luck to both teams, it is truly an honor to make it this far.

I am not trying to start anything or disrespect either team, but I have watched a film on York, not Smith Co. vs. Seq. Co. Looking forward, all teams from the top bracket would probably beat York by more than 20 easy. The unfortunate thing is Alcoa will beat all the teams in the top bracket by 20 or more. I am not sure about Milan, but it seems that the east may be a little tougher this year. Just an opinion.

OK, so the east may be a little tougher, I got ya. There is no way Smith or York could make it anywhere close to this far in the east. Maybe you should look at what these teams have done in the past few years, they were able to hold their own pretty well in the east, which is always said to be harder.

Go whine somewhere else!

As for the game, the Owls know who York is, and York knows who we are. There is great tradition between them. I would expect this one to be decided by no more than a touchdown either way. Both teams seem to be peaking right now. Should be a packed house and a great game, hopefully the Owls will be fired up once more and keep on rollin'.

I don't think I am whining, just giving my humble opinion. I said York would not - based on the film I saw on them. I cannot make an opinion on Smith because I have not seen them play. I have however seen Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon and they are eliminating each other. Alcoa beat us 49-7, we beat Seq. Co. with no problem, could have beat them by 40+ but called the dogs off. I watched Loudon put a beatin on Polk Co. which was #1 undefeated team from our district, and beat some really good teams this year. Alcoa beat them 21-0 and from what I heard had an off night.

GO OWLS!

I don't think I am whining, just giving my humble opinion. I said York would not - based on the film I saw on them. I cannot make an opinion on Smith because I have not seen them play. I have however seen Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon and they are eliminating each other. Alcoa beat us 49-7, we beat Seq. Co. with no problem, could have beat them by 40+ but called the dogs off. I watched Loudon put a beatin on Polk Co. which was #1 undefeated team from our district, and beat some really good teams this year. Alcoa beat them 21-0 and from what I heard had an off night.

The unfortunate thing is Alcoa will beat all the teams in the top bracket by 20 or more. I am not sure about Milan, but it seems that the east may be a little tougher this year. Just an opinion.

Nice point. The east has some really good teams in 3A this season. It is a real tough road for whoever comes out of the east bracket. Seems like there were more teams with less potential out west. But looking at the remaining brackets, everybody is for real. If Alcoa does get their next gold ball, it will be because they were able to beat some very good teams. Just makes you wonder if they are getting beat up and losing their legs. I really think 3A is better the 4A by a long shot. Good luck to both teams on this game. You both have a lot to be proud of.

Hey bluebellz!!!! well. ya got to see the Tigers win as I watched the Owls come out fighting and play some ball. South Pitt long way offf. why dont u come to SC Fri night and we can whoop and holler as the OWLS whoop that York team... ?? Who knows even ole Termie may stop and say hello!! Whatcha say?? The Owls are ready to "pay back" York and IF they play like they have the lats 3 games.... SC by 1 TD!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO OWLS!!!!!

I don't see sc wooping anybody friday night except them self after they get beat by the DRAGONS. One player does not make a team. YORK defence is playing some hiting mouth smashing football right now. They held a good goodpasture team that avg. 340 rushing yards a game to just 177 so I don't think one player will beat them. They are playing team ball right now, nto just one player it is a team effort,and is why YORK WILL WIN AGAIN--GO DRAGONS :popcorneater::roflol:

I don't see sc wooping anybody friday night except them self after they get beat by the DRAGONS. One player does not make a team. YORK defence is playing some hiting mouth smashing football right now. They held a good goodpasture team that avg. 340 rushing yards a game to just 177 so I don't think one player will beat them. They are playing team ball right now, nto just one player it is a team effort,and is why YORK WILL WIN AGAIN--GO DRAGONS :popcorneater::roflol:

Man oh man...we're not playing 11 on each side of the ball???....Wheeeeeeeeeeeee...we must be really good!!!

I'm not saying this just because I'm from York, but, SC played PC and Harpeth... two 5-5 teams. Sure, SC is playing hard right now, but, 2 come from behind victories? That doesn't sound impressive. If they are playing with heart, then that's great. The York/SC game is always heated. But, as for Silva being back, he didn't even play after halftime last game. How is he supposed to be a factor on the sideline? York has a great run defense, and a very impressive secondary. York isn't going to come and lay down for you. I hope this is the biggest crowd I've seen in a while because I have a feeling it's going to be. Best be ready for some hard hitting, mountain man vs. night pigeon football :roflol: ! Both teams are going to lay it all on the line.

York 21

Sc-10

See ya there :roflol: