Father Ryan vs MUS

bigred22

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

College prep school MUS is not it's a HIGH SCHOOL that's like saying bishop byrne or Briarcrest are prep schools and we both know they are not. You are right kids can go where they choose but when you have a school paying for thier way it's not a choice it then becomes recuriting. I would be interested to see how many of the so called kids who made the choice to leave thier innercity high school and go to MUS are paying what little they pay to the school in cash and I would love to see where that cash comes from. Everybody knows MUS recurited players in Memphis and that two people are incharge of taking parents of presepective athletes out to "talk" to them. I am all for a kid getting to go there and get a better education than he would get in the public school system but don't hide what you are doing because it only makes you look shady.

I don't know MUS's tution but it is probably upwards of $20,000 like nashville school. Even for a doctor/lawyer/businessman this isn't just pocket change. It is part of the deal with being a private school that you can give financial aid to your students. It can range from $1000 to full tution, but it is all determined by an outside company that files through incomes, taxes, accounts, and other family members of the student. Even if they were"recruited" they are at least ten times better off there than they were before.

BTW the money for financial aid comes from endowments and the capitol campaigns put on by the school. Private schools earn money just like a business and take generous donations just like other foundations.

Prepfbll - you are a big-time fool and don't know what you are talking about. All of this BS has been thrown around before, usually by public school fans who are ticked off at having had their team get

spanked by the MUS (or other private) football team. They have no idea how any of players arrived here. They think that any kid who lives in their school district is their property and should not be allowed to seek out a private school unless they can afford it. Then we end up with nondiverse private schools who really are "for rich white kids" and gifted students of limited means relegated to what the state can provide. Fortunately, that's not what happens in the USA and small-minded people like you will never stop it. You can't even understand the concept of "college preparatory school" and assert that MUS is just a "high school" - a truly idiotic assertion. FYI, 100% of MUS grads go to college. They led the sate this year in National Merit Semifinalists (do you even know what that is?). Over 25% of the students receive some financial aid, and only a few of those play football. Go to the musowls.org web site and learn something about the school you attack. Stay off the D2 sites - nobody wants to hear your rants here. This site is about the MUS - Father Ryan football game. Check out the "recruiting" thread under the 5-6A heading - it was started by a disgruntled Millington fan after losing to both MUS and CBHS this year. You'll be welcome there. And if you're so sure something underhanded or illegal is going on, why don't you gather up supporters, go to the media, start a "movement" and take some legal action. Hmmmm?

Hope the Irish have a safe trip over to Memphis and that some of their fans get a chance to have a Huey's burger. It was delicious!

Only know MUS from what I've read on the boards and I'm sure that my pick is against the better advice of most bookies... However, the Irish have seemed to be able to get it done this season no matter how stiff the odds.

Father Ryan 35

MUS 30

PS - I'll take Fletcher from MBA on my special teams any day! Losing by a last minute kick is a tough one, however it was an awesome kick!

Well, I have lived in Nashville 23 years and have watched Ryan football since my brother started there in 1992. Maybe its a biased opinion but I havent seen Ryan play any dirtier than any other high school football team. Also of all the hardcore high school football fans I know, none of them have ever mentioned this "dirty" tradition that some of you claim they have.

As for the kicking game. Of all the high school football Ive seen, I have NEVER seen a more accurate and powerful kicker as Nick Pollard. Based on that, I believe Ryan has the best kicker in the state.

Ryan's reputation for "after the play" nastiness was an article of faith through the '70's. Nothing I saw in any of the games i attended or the one in which I played suggested it was overstated at all. If you say it's changed, I'll take your word, but....

As to kickers, I'll take Andrew Fletcher over anybody, especially late in the game from long distance. Ask the McCallie and Ensworth folks for their views.

Slightly off the topic (don't write in all caps, Shakinthefat), how has your new stadium worked out in terms of getting large crowds in and out?

ARE YOU THE "POLICEMAN" OF THE GRAMMER AND ENGLISH CONTENT OF THE COACH T DII THREAD?

Owlbooster does his share of writing in caps and you don't call him out.

I will stop using caps when you change your user name to BLACK.

By the way you forgot to capitalize your "i" in your comments about FR's history of fighting.

Let's try to stay on topic MR. KWOODRooF

Just noticed this today. I was simply making light of your efforts on a couple of threads to steer things back to a strict interpretation of the thread title. In my experience, it's a little like herding cats. You've obviously taken as an affront. I meant it in jest, and apologize for the offense.

This post is partially a response to CBQ. He still is having a hard time making a positive statement about the Irish. The fact is no matter the outcome of the next game, Ryan has had a good and successful season and have much to be proud of. So CBQ, just agree and admit it. To the poster who posted that the supposed Ryan poster silly statements makes Father Ryan look bad, I don't know who is more stupid, the poster who gives that much credit to a poster as to the reputation of a school or the actual poster who can't or won't post good english. Ahhhh, game against MUS, nobody in the city of Nashville would be more pleased than me to see the Irish pull the upset and that is what it would be. It would be in my opinion a greater upset than MBA beating Ensworth, something that gave me great pleasure. But, I don't think this will happen, prediction MUS 35, Ryan 14. The poster who stated that when Ryan is told they can't do something, this gives them more motivation, well, I am sure that is true, but it is going to come down to who has the most skilled players, and that is MUS hands down, and we are playing in their stadium. Lastly, win or lose, Ryan has had a great season unless you have that anything less than a championship is a failure atitude. Good luck to the Irish. :roflolk:

By any yardstick Ryan has had a good season. If you look at some of the comments in the first couple of weeks of the season, it becomes even more impressive.

As far as Friday goes, MUS is the prohibitive favorite. Ryan could win the game, but they'll need to play their very best game, and will probably need to have the stars align just right. I said much the same thing before the MBA-Ensworth game, and was proven wrong. Ensworth played a good game, with only one turnover during the meaningful part of the game (the final interception was an act of desparation and shouldn't really be held against the team). I just didn't foresee Bowers helping out as much as he did.

Let's dream here for a monent that MBA and Ryan both win. A midweek trip 90 miles seems sorta silly doesn't it?

If you're making the trip, have a safe one.

I think MUS will handle Ryan with ease, but of course anything could happen...Ryan hasn't seen a player like Barry Brunetti this season. (Yes, I believe Brunetti is more dangerous than Darkwa at Ensworth). I think his strong throwing arm and scrambling abilities will give the Irish fits. The Ryan defense seems prone to giving up many points to high powered offenses, such as BA and Ensworth. MUS obviously has a high powered offense as well. Apparently you never know what Ryan's offense will do, as they score 35 vs. BA, 27 vs. Ensworth, and 3 vs. MBA??? The MUS defense seems solid but I don't know much about it. So Ryan will be able to stay in this game if their offense shows up. Otherwise, I don't see it being too close.

MUS-38

Ryan-10

Hope the Irish have a safe trip over to Memphis and that some of their fans get a chance to have a Huey's burger. It was delicious!

Only know MUS from what I've read on the boards and I'm sure that my pick is against the better advice of most bookies... However, the Irish have seemed to be able to get it done this season no matter how stiff the odds.

Father Ryan 35

MUS 30

PS - I'll take Fletcher from MBA on my special teams any day! Losing by a last minute kick is a tough one, however it was an awesome kick!

That is a good burger, but going to The Rendevous for ribs is a must for me in Memphis. Either way, you can't go wrong. Enjoy the meal, because I think the game is going to be not too great of an experience for the Irish faithful. I'm pulling for the Nashville boys, but MUS is the real deal this year.