Clarkrange at Forrest

wonsa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, all I can say is WOW!!!!! Except this time it is for the Lady Rockets and the way they played tonight!!!! Beth Hawn got her 1000th point AND scored 30 against the Lady Buffaloes!! Congratulations to Beth on an awesome accomplishment....and I saw the coach from UT Martin there, I am sure he is pleased with his signee!!!! As for the Lady Rockets, they were like swarming bees moving at the speed of light.....CR may be bigger but Forrest is wayyyyyyy faster. Dickens and Heady fouled out late in the 4th......fouls were even first half and CR had 9 in the second to Forrests' 6 so really did not affect the outcome as by then we were pretty far ahead. Anyway, nice way to begin the season with a quality win against a quality opponent. Congrats Lady Rockets!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to auntkim and the lady rockets a good win that shows you anything can happen when two good programs hit the hardwood and the losses at C'range last year was tremendous they lost four of the best girls in the district and it will take time to replace them. A 16 point loss with forrest leading all the way shows a big dropoff from last year for the lady buffaloes.l

Just got in from my first official game of the 09-10 season, and let me say that it was a dandy of a ballgame.

Before the game started, I don't think you could find more than a handful of people (including myself and even some Forrest fans) who thought Forrest could win this game. Looking at the facts, Forrest only returns one starter from last season in Hawn (albeit, a very good player, more on her later), and a handful of players with very little playing experience, mainly Allen, Toombs, and C. Curtner (and Curtner really didn't play until the second half of last season). Looking at the box score of last year's State Tournament game, Forrest returned players who scored a combined 12 - 15 points in that game. On the other hand, you have Clarkrange who returned Heady and Reed, arguably their two best players last season (and two of the best players in Class A), and brought in Dickens who is an excellent player in her own right. On paper, Clarkrange wins this game easily, but games are not played on paper.

Clarkrange looked absolutely stunned by the amount of pressure that Forrest put on them. The Curtner twins gave Heady problems all night long, and Reed never looked comfortable. Overall, I thought Dickens played well in her first game as a Lady Buffalo. All night long, you just knew that any minute Clarkrange was going to take the reins, make a run, and never look back. Well it never happened (though they did lead for a very short time), and that is mainly due to Beth Hawn. As shocking as this loss probably is for Clarkrange, you know very well that Rogers will take this game, learn from it, and have Clarkrange there in the end.

Beth Hawn was a force all night long. I heard some people say that she had 30 points and close to 20 rebounds, and I believe that (I lost count on rebounds in the first half). Everytime you turned around she was rebounding the ball, deflecting the ball, wheeling into the lane and scoring it, she was everywhere and doing everything. The preseason favorites for a Miss Basketball nomination coming into this season were easily Laken Leonard (obviously, since she won it last year), Molly Heady (she led her team to an undefeated season and State Championship) and Beth Hawn (because of her overall body of work for three years, including three straight State Tournament appearences). After tonight's game, Beth Hawn has not only solidified herself as a potential candidate, but if she plays like she did tonight in every single game, Leonard very well may not repeat as the winner. Her size, length, and athleticism, combined with her ability to score from anywhere on the court makes her one of the most versatile and dominating players in Tennessee. She owned Clarkrange tonight, and they had no answer for her. She willed Forrest to the win, and though it was only a Hall of Fame game, it was a very big win for Forrest (and for all other Class A teams hoping Clarkrange was beatable). McMillan and UTM have gotten themselves a real stud in Hawn.

I said this game would give us a preview of how the 09-10 season would go, and it has. From the looks of tonight's game, there is no clear-cut favorite for the Gold Ball this year. There are so many solid teams from top-to-bottom all across the state that it is going to make for a very interesting year. For example, I don't even expect Forrest to go undefeated in their own district with teams like Moore County (who won by 40 over Richland tonight) and Middle Tennessee Christian. And the fact that even those teams are capable of beating the Forrest team that I saw play tonight means that this is going to be one increadibly interesting season to watch.

What a game to kick off the 09-10 season! Congrats Forrest on the win!

Clarkrange learned a very good lesson tonight that last year means nothing this year. I believe that this game will be a blessing as the season goes on. Swagger will only get you so far and then the whistle blows. I would imagine that there will be several trash cans set up around the gym tomorrow and they will probably be full of puke. Now with that said this game was a lot closer than the score shows. With 2 min to go it was a 6 point game and then Heady fouled out and Dickens soon followed. Hawn played out of this world she made every shot she put up so props to her. I do believe that she was protected a little bit by the referees. She had several flops and several over the backs that were let go and every time someone got close to her a fouled was called. Pretty evident in the fact that both Heady and Dickens fouled out while Hawn only had 2 fouls, however she played really good. I'm sure these two teams will face off again so it will be interesting to see how it goes the rest of the season. I feel confident that Lamar will get them adjusted. I wouldn't want to be the next team that plays them.

Congratulations to Forrest and a big congratulations to Beth Hawn. Awesome game.

1000+ career points...playing in front of her future coach at UTM.... 30 points......Lots of

rebounds....longs arms all over the place..... great job. Knew it would be a good game

and it was. Thinking we may meet again at the Boro.

Congrats to Forrest. They just kicked our butts on both ends of the floor. Beth Hawn was a good player last year, she was absolutely dominant tonight and is right up there with Laken Leonard as a Miss Basketball contender this season.

They came out ready to play and we came in thinking we were gonna win and it showed.

I hope this game motivates our girls to work hard.

I hate to loose, but enjoy this rivalry and the hospitality.

AuntKim and company, you are a class act. (hope we get another shot at you...lol)