Siegel at Liberty Tech

starfan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By any means should this Liberty team be compared to that 2007 team. It's not even close. TJ, lil Ant, and Codario Williams is about it for this current squad. Plus they have a new coach on the sidelines. They looked really flat the other night against a decent not great Germantown team. I was also at the game last year at the Finch Center when Siegel and Liberty played. Siegel's size and height totally killed Liberty. Siegel ran off a total dunkfest in the 4th quarter of that game. With that said this is a game I would attend again. If the 3's are falling for Liberty they are very tough to beat

Where did Dexter Williams go?

Liberty won 76-65. That's about how I figured it'd go. Kerry Hammonds had a great game for Siegel, but no one else was able to be a difference maker in this game. Lavon Tate made some nice plays and had a decent game. Kendal Anthony had a great game today. Tarius Johson stayed in foul trouble quite a bit for Liberty. After watching Liberty today, I believe they should be the favorite for the AA gold ball. They're good!!! If Siegel plans on playing with Oak Hill Academy, they better have some more guys step up. At this point, Oak Hill will blow Siegel out of the gym.

Liberty has a very talented team this year. Do you think they are more talented than they were in 2007 with Anthony Sampson, Antwan Long, Jewuan Long, Josh Sain, DeVon Jones, Zach Williams, and Jay Greer?

Definately a big no. This years Liberty team is very talented, no doubt. Liberty, this year, is my pick to win the AA state championship even over Knox Fulton. However, that team back in 2007 was a team that doesn't come around West TN too often or even the whole state for that matter. Liberty finished ranked #17 in the country and played the #3 team in the nation, Mater Dei California, to a 4 point game. They also played Oak Hill Academy to like a 15 point game I believe. That Liberty team was definately one of, if not the best team to come through West TN. They were stacked from top to bottom!

Ok. I was just wondering. I heard that this year was going to have the best team to come through Liberty and it got my curiosity up. I remember that team very well. They were in our district. It was even worse in the 2005-2006 season when Bolivar had Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, Olajuwon Kemp, and Kedrick Madden. It seemed like we played for 3rd place those two years.lol. Although they did provide for some exciting basketball.