Bradford fans....help me out, please.

volfan007

Not to ruffle any feathers, but didnt Russell have that same lineup the year before? He didnt go undefeated with those girls on the team. The next year, Wild went undefeated...won the state championship. I'm just sayin'.

Also, I want to go on record as saying that I think Russell was and is a great coach. He and Randy Frazier, and Kevin McMillan, and Kevin Tuck, who coached Martin Westview a while back...were all great coaches..some of the best around. Kevin Tuck didnt get to stay at MV very long due to some bad circumstances...but, he was still a great coach. He had those girls playing very, very good basketball.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to ruffle any feathers, but didnt Russell have that same lineup the year before? He didnt go undefeated with those girls on the team. The next year, Wild went undefeated...won the state championship. I'm just sayin'.

Also, I want to go on record as saying that I think Russell was and is a great coach. He and Randy Frazier, and Kevin McMillan, and Kevin Tuck, who coached Martin Westview a while back...were all great coaches..some of the best around. Kevin Tuck didnt get to stay at MV very long due to some bad circumstances...but, he was still a great coach. He had those girls playing very, very good basketball.

Coach Russell did have them same girls and took them to the state semi with Tashekia sp? Brown playin with an injured knee the last month to month and a half of the season and they also got beat by Gleason at Gleason who went on to win state led by miss basketball Ashley Mchelheiney sp?

Coach Russell did have them same girls and took them to the state semi with Tashekia sp? Brown playin with an injured knee the last month to month and a half of the season and they also got beat by Gleason at Gleason who went on to win state led by miss basketball Ashley Mchelheiney sp?

Not trying to be too argumentative, but point has to be made that these girls were a year older with Wild and had state tournament experience the previous year. Playing Juniors and Seniors with State Tournament experience is a huge difference that playing the same girls as Sophomores and Juniors.

Bottom line - great group of girls that brought a lot of enjoyment and a state championship to a small town !!!

Also, another point, I just dont think that the "look at what happened to Bradford after Wild left" arguement has any merit, whatsoever. Wild should not be responsible for what the next coach did! That's on him. That's what he did as a coach.....it has nothing to do with Wild.

Also, the point I'm trying to make, is that Wild coached for 2 years at Bradford. He only lost 2 games in 2 years!!! So, why are the Bradford fans so down on him? I'm just having a hard time figuring it out. Well, I mean, I know that anytime you follow a living legend, then you never measure up to the fans. I know that. But, it was the same at Obion Co. Central with Whitby. He was a great coach. The Rebels won a lot of games with him coaching. But, there were many fans over there that just did not like Whitby at all. They wanted to get rid of him. I kept telling them that they were crazy. Whitby was doing a great job. But, they wanted him gone, and he eventually left. And, Obion Co. Central has not had a really good team since.

:thumb:

From what I understand John Wild and his wife were very hard people to get along with. If someone only loses 2 games in 2 years, but alienates the whole town is it worth it? I don't know this firsthand, but I have had some Bradford people tell me this. So my question for you Volfan is do you put winning in front of everything else?