York Dragons @ Milan Bulldogs - Semi-Finals

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan of neither team I was going cheer for Milian against Alcoa in the Championship game but from reading the Milian fans post on here ive changed my mind. GO ALCOA. Good Lord Milian fans you beat an average York team of course you killed them in the 2nd half who cares. You should have killed them from the get go but you was down at the half if I was a milian fan i would be worried about this week and MOVE ON. Good lord you was losing at halftime against York what makes you think your going beat Alcoa

Dragons, especially the seniors at this point. It has been a pleasure watching you guys develop over the last 5 years. You have meet and exceeded all of my expectations. I am very proud of you, especially not knowing who was going to coach you until into the summer. Trying to learn a new system and not giving up or giving in to everything that has went on around you. Well fought game, you know when you play to your potential that you can play with anyone, keep your heads up high and good luck in everything that you pursue in the future.

York knew that going into this game that we would have to play perfect, make every throw, catch and take advantage of some turnovers. They also needed Milan to make some mistakes. In the first half everything went according to plan, we just made too many mistakes in the second half. A fumble inside our 10, threw an interception twice inside the redzone, and had a tipped ball returned for a touchdown. You cannot turn the ball over against good teams, much less great teams. They will always make you pay for it, as did Milan. We could not stop Milan's offense. We made them earn it, but couldn't stop it. Hats off to a very good Milan team, good luck this week.

York knew that going into this game that we would have to play perfect, make every throw, catch and take advantage of some turnovers. They also needed Milan to make some mistakes. In the first half everything went according to plan, we just made too many mistakes in the second half. A fumble inside our 10, threw an interception twice inside the redzone, and had a tipped ball returned for a touchdown. You cannot turn the ball over against good teams, much less great teams. They will always make you pay for it, as did Milan. We could not stop Milan's offense. We made them earn it, but couldn't stop it. Hats off to a very good Milan team, good luck this week.

Thanks for the well wishes this week. Let me say this about York. I was very impressed with your coaches gameplan and the players execution of that gameplan. I knew you guys would bring a fight to town but it was much more than I expected. You also had heart - as a team!! I don't know how many players return next year but if you can keep your coaching staff togethr than thing will only get bigger and better for the Dragons :D Good luck in the future

Ok so this is my last post on this topic, then I’m done. We’ve got a ballgame to get ready for on Friday afternoon. And where the fans are still somewhat lingering behind, I can guarantee our boys have already begun to focus on Alcoa as of 10pm Friday night!

1. If you weren’t at the game Friday night, the halftime score of 15-14 was probably shocking. It however does not show the true facts of the game. Facts: Milan scored both times they touched the ball in a true Milan style, pound it in the endzone. York scored one touchdown on a great pass play, a pass play that Milan spent a good deal of the 1st quarter figuring out. York came out and threw it fast, and scored first and fast. HOWEVER, their second TD was smoke and mirrors. Even though smoke and mirror plays are a part of football, that’s a part Milan doesn’t see very often, so it confused the players, the coaches, and MAINLY the fans. The center never picked up the ball, he stepped over the ball, QB picked it up and they ran in for a TD. It was a play that our defense was set for a pass, leaving a lot of room for the QB to run it in for a TD. I would venture to guess, that even the Beast Alcoa would be a little surprised to see such a play as well. But Milan DID figure out the pass and shut it DOWN in the 2nd half even in the 2nd quarter. They may have thrown the ball, but not in the red zone. Two TD’s and a field goal was hardly calling Milan “down”. Everyone can gather their own assumptions, but that’s just a little more information for you to gather on.

2. As far as Milan fans being cocky, yes my comments last night were out of line. However, One of these message boards is the LAST place a player needs to be, trash talking with fans. I don’t care if you’re 16, 18, 28, 48, I’m not gonna let anyone call me a “pompous idiot” and not say something back. ESPECAILLY when I had been VERY nice and respectful to what turned out to be a very respectable York team. It was York, who in my opinion, got on here after the game acting like we “stole” something from them. Just to remind everyone, this whole “argument” started when someone named “ProudParent” got on here, and seemed happy about the fact their York Dragons INJURED two of our Players. It was out of line, and totally uncalled for, yet it seems that the MILAN fans who got upset (mainly me) is the one who is talking all the blame for it. Which is fine, I could really care less, but still!

3. Finally, as far as all these other people who were “going” to cheer for Milan, but aren’t now because apparently we support our team and don’t think that the Mighty Beast Alcoa is going to have their way with us, IN MY OPINION…and this is no reflection of any other fan of Milan but myself, but I could care less if you cheer for us or not! Milan has a GREAT fan base, and you’ll see that in Cookeville on Friday. Our boys know who their TRUE fans are….we don’t need wagon riders! Besides, most people like to be winners anyway and since NO ONE gives us a chance but ourselves, I would only expect you to jump on Alcoa’s wagon.

With that being said, It’s Monday….and a new week. It’s PURPLE PRIDE week. I wish everyone a safe trip to Cookeville.

Ok so this is my last post on this topic, then I’m done. We’ve got a ballgame to get ready for on Friday afternoon. And where the fans are still somewhat lingering behind, I can guarantee our boys have already begun to focus on Alcoa as of 10pm Friday night!

1. If you weren’t at the game Friday night, the halftime score of 15-14 was probably shocking. It however does not show the true facts of the game. Facts: Milan scored both times they touched the ball in a true Milan style, pound it in the endzone. York scored one touchdown on a great pass play, a pass play that Milan spent a good deal of the 1st quarter figuring out. York came out and threw it fast, and scored first and fast. HOWEVER, their second TD was smoke and mirrors. Even though smoke and mirror plays are a part of football, that’s a part Milan doesn’t see very often, so it confused the players, the coaches, and MAINLY the fans. The center never picked up the ball, he stepped over the ball, QB picked it up and they ran in for a TD. It was a play that our defense was set for a pass, leaving a lot of room for the QB to run it in for a TD. I would venture to guess, that even the Beast Alcoa would be a little surprised to see such a play as well. But Milan DID figure out the pass and shut it DOWN in the 2nd half even in the 2nd quarter. They may have thrown the ball, but not in the red zone. Two TD’s and a field goal was hardly calling Milan “down”. Everyone can gather their own assumptions, but that’s just a little more information for you to gather on.

2. As far as Milan fans being cocky, yes my comments last night were out of line. However, One of these message boards is the LAST place a player needs to be, trash talking with fans. I don’t care if you’re 16, 18, 28, 48, I’m not gonna let anyone call me a “pompous idiot” and not say something back. ESPECAILLY when I had been VERY nice and respectful to what turned out to be a very respectable York team. It was York, who in my opinion, got on here after the game acting like we “stole” something from them. Just to remind everyone, this whole “argument” started when someone named “ProudParent” got on here, and seemed happy about the fact their York Dragons INJURED two of our Players. It was out of line, and totally uncalled for, yet it seems that the MILAN fans who got upset (mainly me) is the one who is talking all the blame for it. Which is fine, I could really care less, but still!

3. Finally, as far as all these other people who were “going” to cheer for Milan, but aren’t now because apparently we support our team and don’t think that the Mighty Beast Alcoa is going to have their way with us, IN MY OPINION…and this is no reflection of any other fan of Milan but myself, but I could care less if you cheer for us or not! Milan has a GREAT fan base, and you’ll see that in Cookeville on Friday. Our boys know who their TRUE fans are….we don’t need wagon riders! Besides, most people like to be winners anyway and since NO ONE gives us a chance but ourselves, I would only expect you to jump on Alcoa’s wagon.

With that being said, It’s Monday….and a new week. It’s PURPLE PRIDE week. I wish everyone a safe trip to Cookeville.

Wah wah wah :?: !!! Cant wait till Friday when the F5 teaches you some CLASS! This is not for the kids as i have heard nothing but good about them...this is for YOU 03!

I am not for sure what you are referring to as "Smoke and Mirrors" on that play. A good fundamentally sound QB and Center know that when the "A-gaps" are unoccuppied that you walk up and execute a silent count. After the tap by the QB the center then snaps the ball and blocks the nearest defender. The ball was snapped between the centers legs as was every other snap during the ball game. At least understand football before you get on here giving lessons.

Then don't act like one. Don't expect to get on here and bash players, parents, and fans and not expect backlash yourself.

The statement was in reponse to one of your fans saying you guys gave us a beating physically. It was in poor taste, but not meant to say we were happy about, but to say we banged heads with you guys for 48 minutes and came out clean. I believe they retracted and most everyone understands how it was meant.

Milan played very well in the second half and took advantage of our mistakes. Good luck to them in their pursuit of the Gold.

I am not for sure what you are referring to as "Smoke and Mirrors" on that play. A good fundamentally sound QB and Center know that when the "A-gaps" are unoccuppied that you walk up and execute a silent count. After the tap by the QB the center then snaps the ball and blocks the nearest defender. The ball was snapped between the centers legs as was ever other snap during the ball game. At least understand football before you get on here giving lessons.

Then don't act like one. Don't expect to get on here and bash players, parents, and fans and not expect backlash yourself.

The statement was in reponse to one of your fans saying you guys gave us a beating physically. It was in poor taste, but not meant to say we were happy about, but to say we banged heads with you guys for 48 minutes and came out clean. I believe they retracted and most everyone understands how it was meant.

Milan played very well in the second half and took advantage of our mistakes. Good luck to them in their pursuit of the Gold.

We did take advantage of your mistakes, but it was mistakes that were caused by Milan. I hate it when the defense does not get credit for the TO. Sometimes they do make plays. Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that Milan made those plays. They were and are the better team. That is not to say that York is not good, but Milan was the better team.

I am not for sure what you are referring to as "Smoke and Mirrors" on that play. A good fundamentally sound QB and Center know that when the "A-gaps" are unoccuppied that you walk up and execute a silent count. After the tap by the QB the center then snaps the ball and blocks the nearest defender. The ball was snapped between the centers legs as was every other snap during the ball game. At least understand football before you get on here giving lessons.

ACTUALLY, if you will kindly go back and RE-READ the post, the statement made was that we "pounded you by 30 points". Nothing about pounding you physically. We did "pound" you by 28 unanswered points in the 2nd half. I simply got on here and pointed out the lack of class by the statement he made. I still now, and will ALWAYS think it's a lack of class move, when a PLAYER gets on here and calls fans from an opposing team "pompous idiots". I took offense to that. I go out and support my Dawgs every week. Before his post on THIS thread, he made himself known in the Alcoa/Milan thread, and I COMPLEMENTED him on a job well done. Only to get on this one and see he calls me an idiot. So no, not the most "class" on my part to attack him, but he was WAY out of line. He's supposed to be the LEADER of his team. No I am not the most knowelable person on football, and what I was saying with the smoke and mirrors is it isn't a play that is regularly run in ANY game. it's a TRICK play...hence smoke and mirrors. It was a good play...I clapped for it because it was a good job.

I can overlook fans, because week in and week out we are simply the people in the stands. And what we say on here is just opinions. But when a coach, team member, administration get on here, and start name calling, THAT is what I believe to show lack of class. Think what you may...I'm sure the not everyone thinks as Mr. Asberry does. But he is the one who gave his number and made it known who exactly he was. If it had been just another fan, I probably would have overlooked it as someone who sits in the stands just like I do.