Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

:roflolk: What is the word on charter bus or buses from Riverdale to Murvale(sp?) Friday night? Understood the 500 tickets went like "hot cakes" that should not shock any one thats seen how this school travels. What I don't understand is why tssaa would send only 500 tickets to a school that put 1500 in the stands at a reg. season game in Columbus, Ohio? I bet GQ is behind it, it's some kind of "trick play", daaaag gummit!! That's ok them Warriors will find some way to circle the wagons and fire up the CHOP! Murvale folk have yet to see 2000 fans on the other side of the feild doing THE CHOP!! As stars might say, et's plum imtimu' dat' un' (stars I hope you can read that ole buddy). Weatherman here still calling for RED REIGN to fall all night long in the "black mole" or wait it's um? yea' hole thats sounds better.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the video again and YES, I do believe they are that good and I do believe they can put up 30+ points on any team in Tennessee. Again, this is just my opinion. This game could end up 3-0 for all we know but IMO Maryville can and will move the ball on Riverdale like it or not. Also, how does this Riverdale team compare to last years Hillsboro team? I haven't followed either team as much as some of the ET teams so anyone who can give a fair opinion would be helpful. Unless Maryville comes out and starts turning the ball over this will be a lesson for Riverdale. If Riverdale comes to Maryville and wins, it means that they were the better team and we have something to look forward to next year.

I am real HONORED to be allowed to play this game against maryville. We understand that we are not as powerful as maryville nor do we have as many atheletes as Maryville In fact i cant believe we are actually gonna play this game I should save the gas money and ticket money and time and not show up BUT I do appreciate that you are going to allow us to play this game but please go easy on us

thank you

RIVERDALEMAN

Lets get something straight. #1 I am not here talking how bad we will beat Riverdale or how horrible they are or any of that stuff; I know better than that. #2 You should be honored to play Maryville, just like we are honored to play you; these are two of the greatest traditions in TN high school football and it will be everyones honor to see these two teams play #3 No one ever said anything about you not being as strong or as athletic as Marvyille; whoever says that is an idiot because if anything, you look like the more athletic and stronger team from what I've see #4 The way you are typing you are either a HS kid or immature adult...grow up

What I have said was my opinion, not the opinion of the football team, GQ, other fans, my neighbor, the milkman or anyone else....mine alone and please correct me if I am wrong but the US is a country just like most other ones in the world which allows free speech. My opinion was based on Maryvilles past. Close game at the beginning, takes a half to adjust to the other team, comes out second half with the right adjustments and hits a team with a trick play when they least expect it in order to gain some momentum. I said it before and Ill say it again...for all we truly know outside of our opinions this game could end up 3-0 either team, thats how good they are. So please, don't try to imply anything that I type because you are probably going to be wrong. If I said something that hurts your feelings you can send me a private message and we can talk it out. I've been in this situation before (playing HS ball) and I would never get on a message board and bash anyone.

I always find it amusing when people resort to crying about free speech...especially when no one said they were not allowed to speak and in fact only disagreed with a point in their speech. Doesn't freedom of speech actually mean that you are free to disagree, without limitation or censorship...which is exactly what you just did to Riverdaleman? Looks kind of silly to me. You have your right to express your opinion. Others have the right to disagree with your opinion as part of their freedom of speech. That is the American way. You do not have the right to make your opinion and then force others to shut up and not express theirs.

Either way, good luck to two very impressive teams. Settle it on the field. The state champion comes from this game.

Living in the midstate and getting to see some of the games here, I feel that Riverdale is a very battle tested and ready team. They have played pretty good teams all year and have managed a nice record for the season. With that said, I think the Wing-T is the worst offense in football. It is a pain to watch and requires no passing, which I happend to be a fan of. I also do not see Maryville losing this game. I was at the last game Maryville lost at home in 2001 to Morristown West (minus Chavez McCray). This game reminds me (A WHOLE lot) of the Red Bank Maryville Game in 2001. Red Bank was even #9 in the country was supposed to detrain the championship train with their stud Riggs and his partner Mr. Rich. They even had Maryville Red Bank joint FCA pamphlets. Anyway, I do not see GQ losing twice in the same Decade to a Wing-T offense. He is going to put together a nice package to break it up, probably put 8 in the box with a corner playing in some, and he will blitz a ton and make sure the Fullback is hit every play no matter if he has the ball or not.

MHS 34- RHS-13

Omg...you are living in the past aren't you. What team have you been watching that you think can put up 34 points on Riverdale? There isn't a Team anywhere in East Tennessee that has a defense anywhere near the caliber of Riverdale. And I know you havent seen this team if you think they rely on the wing T to get it done. They have an outstanding passing game and a 3rd down conversion rate thats off the chart. You keep living in the past and The Warriors will continue to dominate " The Big Boys" in the state...

Does anyone think that last years Hillsboro team compares in any way to this years Riverdale? I thought that last years Hillsboro team was very physical against Maryville. More so than previous state games. Anyone with mid-TN knowledge...?

Hillsboro can't come close to comparing in the mid state. There a small metro school who had one good year. If you think they were physical then I hope you have alot of EMT's on stand by for this one!!

...the local weather man from our neck of the woods said we might see a little RED REIGN falling in the "black hole" come Friday night.

OHD: I like the idea of the Red Rain since we are the Red Rebels. If we can get Peter Gabriel to do the halftime show that would be great. I can hear it now:

Red rain is coming down

Red rain

Red rain is pouring down

Pouring down all over me :twisted:

...the local weather man from our neck of the woods said we might see a little RED REIGN falling in the "black hole" come Friday night.

OHD: I like the idea of the Red Rain since we are the Red Rebels. If we can get Peter Gabriel to do the halftime show that would be great. I can hear it now:

Red rain is coming down

Red rain

Red rain is pouring down

Pouring down all over me :unsure:

What in tar nations! Redrebels are you telling me that Murvale is now taking our little ole teams RED colors away from us, but I thought you alls was black? You know like black mol', awe "crap', i mean hole dang it. Anyways i'm confused cause i heared all the fussin about black,black and now you sayin red. Ok since murvale is playing in their own "hole" or what ever yall call it up there that means our little ole team may have to borrow's yall's practice jerseys, that is of course if GQ says it's all right. :twisted:

If you think they were physical then I hope you have alot of EMT's on stand by for this one!!

Thanks for the heads up Warrior82dad. We have EMT's and Paramedics on standby at the stadium. The team has has an athletic trainer/physical therapist as well as an MD.

In the words of Coach Yoast,

"Well, gosh, this is... this is great stuff... I mean, We'll be very tough defensively with this."

well i really would like to see maryville blow riverdale out.....thats probably unlikely, but if that does happen it sure will make us guys at McMinn feel much better....just to think we got beat twice by the best team in the state. I really think this will be a good game, i hope maryville whips them, that will just be a bit out of the ord. This is the semis guys its time to really see some good football. good luck to both teams.

What in tar nations! Redrebels are you telling me that Murvale is now taking our little ole teams RED colors away from us, but I thought you alls was black?

We wore red when we played the Indians. (DB)

We wore red when we played the Cherokees. (MC)

We wore black when we played the Admirals. (FHS)

I drew a picture for you:

redblackwhiterebels.jpg

What in tar nations! Redrebels are you telling me that Murvale is now taking our little ole teams RED colors away from us, but I thought you alls was black? You know like black mol', awe "crap', i mean hole dang it. Anyways i'm confused cause i heared all the fussin about black,black and now you sayin red. Ok since murvale is playing in their own "hole" or what ever yall call it up there that means our little ole team may have to borrow's yall's practice jerseys, that is of course if GQ says it's all right. :twisted:

You guys aren't really red are you???? I thought you were more gold and maroon like FLa State. I guess maroon rain doesn't have the same ring. We are the Red Rebels and we play in the black hole and we have commercial rights to all other colors of the spectrum while playing in Blount Co. You may wear pink, lilac, any pastels or maroon and gold....Let us know what to expect. :unsure: