Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

What team have you been watching that you think can put up 34 points on Riverdale? There isn't a Team anywhere in East Tennessee that has a defense anywhere near the caliber of Riverdale. And I know you havent seen this team if you think they rely on the wing T to get it done. They have an outstanding passing game and a 3rd down conversion rate thats off the chart. You keep living in the past and The Warriors will continue to dominate " The Big Boys" in the state...

warrior82dad.....Cents Ewe Tee haiz haid all them enjuries yore rite abowt enny team inn East Tinn's deefence.....Butt you'uns mite haiv been bettur ennyhow.....Eye know you'uns iz biggur....Jest dont hurt our little fellers.....

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

top 5 football moments at Maryville's stadium....classic games...pivotal games...whatever.....[/b]

Every Alcouh Gaim.... :hungry:

I will throw one out there, but in this one the Rebs came up short.

1980 Maryville v. Rule.

Ted Wilson's last year and a less that stellar season (by their standards) for the Evil Empire.

Maryville battles HARD but comes up on the short end of a 15-8 score.

Rule had All-Americans in Terry Minor and James Cofer, the two players directly responsible for the fall of Danny Ford and Clemson after they had just beat Nebraska for the National Championship.

Minor played at La Tech and C-N and is a minister in the Knoxville area, anyone know what happened to Cofer? I know his brother Mike played at UT and went on to become an All-Pro LB with the Lions.

Eye deesided eye bettur git intwo sum sortee self deefence......Eye haiv now gradjeeated frum Diamond Dave's Ninja Skool.....Eye'm good on tha "Ki-Rotty" chop, tha "Ninja" chop....and jist abowt a xpert on tha faymus "Judy" chop....:roflol:

Now STARS, Don't go "Ninja-ing" anyone that don't need "Ninja-ing"

10-4 APB.......Eye'll bet thay'll bee sum pulled pork sammiches wif a little slaw on top, that will look like thay've been "Ninja-ed" ...aftur ewe, Bee Cee, and tha Alcouh F5 Troop leave Ridgewood Fridee...... :hungry:

Eye haiv now gradjeeated frum Diamond Dave's Ninja Skool.....Eye'm good on tha "Ki-Rotty" chop, tha "Ninja" chop....and jist abowt a xpert on tha faymus "Judy" chop....

I think you are holding back on us. I believe I saw you taking KungFu back when they taught it at Tumble Bear Gymnastics. :hungry:

EZ now 86.....Eye don't like two talk abowt flunkin' that class........Eye'm a slow lurnur....Eye jist youtubed "Diamond Dave's Ninja Skool".....Bought tha video and lurned at my own pace...... :roflol:

10-4 APB.......Eye'll bet thay'll bee sum pulled pork sammiches wif a little slaw on top, that will look like thay've been "Ninja-ed" ...aftur ewe, Bee Cee, and tha Alcouh F5 Troop leave Ridgewood Fridee...... :hungry:

Yeah...I've been telling everyone else that Ridgewood is "over-rated" so that I will have a seat...That place is as small as the Death Star's pressbox.....

Yeah...I've been telling everyone else that Ridgewood is "over-rated" so that I will have a seat...That place is as small as the Death Star's pressbox.....

Yeah butt whut's so good APB...Iz that aftur ewe eat thair.....Ewe can reech inn ye back pockit...whup out that "Ninja Star" ..partaik a little and continyou two enjoy tha atmusfear!!!!!!...... :roflol:

By tha way APB...Eye hope ewe saw inn tha Mairvul Misprint whur Jimmy Golden (aka Bunkhouse Buck) will be pullin' tha rasslin' tights bak on this weekend down at our almer tomater (Tha Allen-Wick Jim)......Wow whut a sports weekend!!!!!!......:hungry:

Yes, I did catch that.

That will be the biggest crowd in that gym since that Stinnett kid from Bungalow, that was billed as "the next Rick Barry" came in and got shut down. But he did meet his future wife that night.

Was that the biggest crowd? Or was it "movie day"????

Any "movie day".............

By tha way APB...Eye hope ewe saw inn tha Mairvul Misprint whur Jimmy Golden (aka Bunkhouse Buck) will be pullin' tha rasslin' tights bak on this weekend down at our almer tomater (Tha Allen-Wick Jim)......Wow whut a sports weekend!!!!!!......:roflol:

Yes, I did catch that.

That will be the biggest crowd in that gym since that Stinnett kid from Bungalow, that was billed as "the next Rick Barry" came in and got shut down. But he did meet his future wife that night.

Was that the biggest crowd? Or was it "movie day"????

Any "movie day".............

:thumb: ...............APB eye wood say tha nite Charlie "Corvair" Storie shootin' hoops in donkey baskitbawl, ridin that spirited little stud donkey, and dressed like a woman wood haiv two bee a close seccund!!!!!!!!!!......... :hungry:

Living in the midstate and getting to see some of the games here, I feel that Riverdale is a very battle tested and ready team. They have played pretty good teams all year and have managed a nice record for the season. With that said, I think the Wing-T is the worst offense in football. It is a pain to watch and requires no passing, which I happend to be a fan of. I also do not see Maryville losing this game. I was at the last game Maryville lost at home in 2001 to Morristown West (minus Chavez McCray). This game reminds me (A WHOLE lot) of the Red Bank Maryville Game in 2001. Red Bank was even #9 in the country was supposed to detrain the championship train with their stud Riggs and his partner Mr. Rich. They even had Maryville Red Bank joint FCA pamphlets. Anyway, I do not see GQ losing twice in the same Decade to a Wing-T offense. He is going to put together a nice package to break it up, probably put 8 in the box with a corner playing in some, and he will blitz a ton and make sure the Fullback is hit every play no matter if he has the ball or not.

MHS 34- RHS-13

Omg...you are living in the past aren't you. What team have you been watching that you think can put up 34 points on Riverdale? There isn't a Team anywhere in East Tennessee that has a defense anywhere near the caliber of Riverdale. And I know you havent seen this team if you think they rely on the wing T to get it done. They have an outstanding passing game and a 3rd down conversion rate thats off the chart. You keep living in the past and The Warriors will continue to dominate " The Big Boys" in the state...

And you have seen every team in East Tenn play to verify this statement right? You are making your guys sound scary, and literally unbeatable. And yet, they have managed to lose twice right?? And I will give you that they can pass it decently, but I am betting they do it ten times or less a game. Saying any Wing T team is an "outstanding" passing team is a bit of an oxy moron don't you think? But we all know that is all Aydelott knows. Again, not saying they cannot throw it at all but when he was at Hillsboro that was definitely the case. Maybe coming and getting help from our coach helped him a couple of years ago. I do look forward to seeing this two loss team that has dominated the entire state though.

Omg...you are living in the past aren't you. What team have you been watching that you think can put up 34 points on Riverdale? There isn't a Team anywhere in East Tennessee that has a defense anywhere near the caliber of Riverdale. And I know you havent seen this team if you think they rely on the wing T to get it done. They have an outstanding passing game and a 3rd down conversion rate thats off the chart. You keep living in the past and The Warriors will continue to dominate " The Big Boys" in the state...

And you have seen every team in East Tenn play to verify this statement right? You are making your guys sound scary, and literally unbeatable. And yet, they have managed to lose twice right?? And I will give you that they can pass it decently, but I am betting they do it ten times or less a game. Saying any Wing T team is an "outstanding" passing team is a bit of an oxy moron don't you think? But we all know that is all Aydelott knows. Again, not saying they cannot throw it at all but when he was at Hillsboro that was definitely the case. Maybe coming and getting help from our coach helped him a couple of years ago. I do look forward to seeing this two loss team that has dominated the entire state though.

Apparently I didn't type in English when I said I lived in Mid Tenn now and have seen this team play. From what I have seen, it is very realistic to say that Maryville can score 34 on Riverdale. Maryville has a high powered offense and a playbook the size of "War and Peace". This is a Semifinal game at home for the Rebels and GQ will not hold back. I have seen Riverdales defense, they are big and strong, but this is not WWE Royal Rumble, they still have to run plays ans stop shcemes. And as far as living in the past goes, Maryville's success is very recent history, I'm not talking about 1970's games against Brentwood academy. And I am even going to drive to Maryville for the game..... :hungry: yum, yum, eat em up.