Whites Creek at Greeneville

DevilMan03

WHITES CREEK GOT SCREWED BOTH TEAMS DESERVED TO BE THERE AND THE REFS SHOULD HAVE LET THEM PLAY. THAT HIT ON THE FAIR CATCH ON THE KICKOFF WAS ONE OF THE DIRTIEST PLAYS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

The refs blew the call on that one and the hit was one of the hardest that I've seen in high school football {ever}.Had the returner took off and scored, it would have counted.Just like Memphis vs Tennessee a few years ago when everyone for Tennessee quit on a play and Memphis took it to the house and went on to upset the Vols.I'll say one thing about the Greeneville coach now.He had to have been born and raised in Texas,because no other coach in this part of Tennessee has the {I'll pick a nice word}brass to do what he done on some of those play calls.Even though Greeneville fumbled a play or two later,to go for a fourth down from deep in your own side in the fourth quarter.Well,that's why Greeneville is playing next week.I think the staff at Greeneville could take the athletes at Whites Creek and beat anyone this side of Maryville and Alcoa.Great job Devils!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHITES CREEK GOT SCREWED BOTH TEAMS DESERVED TO BE THERE AND THE REFS SHOULD HAVE LET THEM PLAY. THAT HIT ON THE FAIR CATCH ON THE KICKOFF WAS ONE OF THE DIRTIEST PLAYS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

See my response to this on the Greeneville/Giles County thread. I was there. It wasn't dirty at all. The ref's didn't recognize it as a fair catch and never blew the whistle. The guy who caught the ball was still standing and had the ball wrapped up when he was hit. You have to play to the whistle. The teams who lack discipline always want to call the disciplined teams "dirty." It's helpful, in any sport, to know the rules.

I thought the guy that caught the ball wasn't the guy that signalled the fair catch...

Total waste of time to even argue the officiating. For one, its always a waste of time anyway after the game is over, but secondly, this was the worst called game I've seen in a long time and guess what? It favored White's Creek all night. I'm not going to go back and forth on here about it, but if you disagree, you weren't there. Now, run along and go play with lionheart.

I think WC could have been flagged like 5 times for block in the back....would have negated more than 1 of their big plays.

Yes,on the big punt return,it was a clear block in the back on one of the gunners.They missed them both ways.I remember a catch they gave us and the ref was behind it and you could tell he didn't know if it hit the ground{which it did}.It's part of the game.I do think the kid that got blasted called for a fair catch,but we would be the ones mad,if he had took off.

Wanted to say how proud I am of the Greeneville G-Devils!! I am one of many South fans wishing you the best. Bring home that 4a State title!!!!!

You guys had a great run and I enjoyed rushing over from work to catch a couple of your games.I wish Bobby and the guys could have won out,but they still went a long ways this year at South