ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

HEY RANKINATED.....!! AUSTIN TALLANT HAS DONE A GREAT JOB ! HOW CAN YOU GET ON HERE AND SAY THAT ?? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF , THESE ARE JUST KIDS AND THEY READ THIS STUFF TOO . FOR HIS FIRST YEAR STARTING, WE ALL BELIEVE HE'S DONE A GOOD JOB FOR THE TORNADOES ! HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S NOT YOUR OWN KID , (THE FRESHMAN), THAT YOU'RE PUMPING UP TO BE OUR QB ?? WATCH IT NOW ! IDON'T BELIEVE SOME 8th GRADER IS AS GOOD AS TALLANT . I SAW AMS PLAY , BETTER THAN TALLANT ???.......... NOT !

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY RANKINATED.....!! AUSTIN TALLANT HAS DONE A GREAT JOB ! HOW CAN YOU GET ON HERE AND SAY THAT ?? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF , THESE ARE JUST KIDS AND THEY READ THIS STUFF TOO . FOR HIS FIRST YEAR STARTING, WE ALL BELIEVE HE'S DONE A GOOD JOB FOR THE TORNADOES ! HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S NOT YOUR OWN KID , (THE FRESHMAN), THAT YOU'RE PUMPING UP TO BE OUR QB ?? WATCH IT NOW ! IDON'T BELIEVE SOME 8th GRADER IS AS GOOD AS TALLANT . I SAW AMS PLAY , BETTER THAN TALLANT ???.......... NOT !

Rankinated did not make that comment. It was tornado 74 I believe.

RANK , THOUGHT IT WAS YOU THAT WROTE THAT CRAP ABOUT TALLANT , I WAS ADDRESSING YOU OR T74 OR WHOMEVER WROTE THAT STUFF ABOUT THAT 8th GRADE QB BEING BETTER THAN TALLANT , BUT WHO EVER SAID THAT , GET A GRIP ! TALLANT IS A VERY GOOD KID AND HE WILL BE FINE , U R DREAMING IF YOU THINK RANKIN & CO. WILL LET SOME FRESHMAN START OVER HIM !!!!!!! I'VE SEEN THAT 8th GRADE BUNCH PLAY , WAS NOT TOO :angry::thumb::thumb: IMPRESSED !!!!!!

I was on the field Friday. MLB #19, Avery Williamson has the worst trash talking mouth I've seen in my four years of playing at Alcoa. I cam into the game respecting him but left with a very different oppinion.

Now that I'm not playing for the team anymore with this win, I can come out and say i was a player on this tornado team.

bulldawggirl03: You are the definition of a true fan. Great post.

So, you traveled on into E. Tn. last night after the game? Hope you're not thinkin' Cookeville is in E. Tn. 'cause it's in Middle Tn.!

We didn't see a Mr. Football on the field last night, either, but we did see "Tn. Gatorade Player of the Year"!!!

Haha....is Rockwood E. TN? That's Eastern time so I call that E. TN! LoL Mom's family all lives there. Actually had some of them come to Cookeville for the game, then we went back to their house and had some good ol' warm chili and strawberry cobbler waitin! Don't get much better than that!!!

What hurt Milan the most (outside of turnovers) is the fact it seemed they felt they should run the ball constantly. Ill tell a secret that somehow teams havent figured out. If you have a decent QB and Above Average WRs and a QUICK passing game (Slants, quickouts, curls) you can do some damage against alcoa. Milan had a couple of passes for decent gains and then went right back into the run.

TRUST me 74, ALL Milan fans were saying this SAME thing. I'm not really sure why we didn't throw a few more slants and such. We KNEW that was Alcoa's weakness, but for some reason, we continued to try to match you guys and run up the middle. Heck if we could have run outside, I think we could have done better. Not saying you guys wouldn't have made necessary adjustments, but we knew it was something you wouldn't have been prepared for from Milan. Oh well....guess that's why I'm not a coach! lol

How do i give Alcoa a bad name....Because they beat you? :thumb: I had the right to cheer for Alcoa....maybe would have cheered more for Milan had it not been for your CLASSY posts last week. Deal with the L and move on with me. :thumb:

Ok, I'm gonna respond to you one last time. I tried to keep myself from it, but I read this before I left East TN and had a 4 hour drive back across the state and did nothing but ponder....

The reason you give Alcoa a bad name, is you come on here, bashing their opponent, talking smack that you have NO business talking! As I stated earlier, you had no DAWG or F5 in the race, yet you felt it your business to get involved! You are a pot stirrer, and unfortunately you have sucked myself and Huf in. Alcoa, fans and team alike, don't need your smack talk, because they talk very little smack....they line up and well just smack you! lol

You first started to dislike me when I stood up 1. for my team when a "proudparent" posted on the York/Milan thread, what came across as bragging about the fact that we had two injured players that night. I have a LOT of pride in my Dawgs, they are all AWESOME kids on and off the field! I get very defensive of my boys, so I was NOT going to let that slide. Anyone on here who knows who I am, knows that I'm not afraid of confrontation! and 2. when a PLAYER from York identifies himself, and then proceeds to call ME a "pompous idiot", I let my emotions get the best of me. It wasn't my most "classy" of moments, but I wasn't completely out of line. He is supposed to be a leader and example, and REPRESENTS his school and team. He or NO player or coach should be on a site like this, and make remarks like that. If you do, and you tell everyone who you are, be prepared for your orgization to be called class-less because that is what you are!

You may not have cheered for Milan, and I'm SURE that's why we lost. Truth is, go back and read, I could care less if we have "Wagon-riders" cheering for us. Milan brought a pretty hefty showing of their own, without the likes of you. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed seeing other colors and schools there for Milan. But I don't like people using that as if it's going to hurt our feelings.

Anyway, I'm done with you. I could really care less if I ever hear from you again....but again that's just my opinion!

Regarding Tallent and QB's in general, IMO too many people judge the position based on the player's ability to throw the football. Many judge a QB to be "good" if he can throw it 60+ yards, or throw it through a brick wall. A good QB has to possess many qualities: leadership, toughness, knowledge of the game, composure, field vision, and a team first attitude, along with the ability to run and/or pass accurately, and others I've omitted I'm sure. In high school the minimum demands of the deep ball and the overall lack of explosive speed from the majority of the DB's allows players with less than a cannon arm to be successful. Coaches look for different things from their QB's, primarily based on the type of offense they run. Alcoa, at the present time, does not have to have a QB with a "gun". Tallent may or may not be your choice of an ideal QB, I certainly would not know that since I support another school. But I will be quick to say that he was pivital in making some big plays against CAK in both games this year that led to Alcoa victories. A couple of very big scrambles and runs to convert 3rd and longs that resulted in scoring drives and a very nice deep pass to T.Rob for a TD after what should have been a QB sack. In both of those games he turned the ball over ZERO times. So while some in Alcoa may not be satisfied with the QB play, I for one think he does a good job within the system he is playing, and really that is all you can ask of the young man. You have to be a special breed to play QB. You have to have very thick skin and a short memory, all while maintaining a humble attitude. And that goes for the parents of a QB as well. I'm sure Tallent meets the requirements of GR or he wouldn't be on the field. I hope Tallent does read these threads. It will teach him some valuable life lessons. Believe in yourself, trust your coaches & teammates, take criticism for what its worth, sports are something you do not who you are, you'll never make everyone happy, stay focused, work hard and a dozen other cliches. No matter what your opinion is of your QB, you are now a 6 time defending state champion, and Tallent was the QB of this years team. Congratulations to both. :thumb:

Thank you for this post Footballdad. As always, you exhibit class and sportsmanship in all things. Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas.

How do i give Alcoa a bad name....Because they beat you? :angry: I had the right to cheer for Alcoa....maybe would have cheered more for Milan had it not been for your CLASSY posts last week. Deal with the L and move on with me. B)

Ok, I'm gonna respond to you one last time. I tried to keep myself from it, but I read this before I left East TN and had a 4 hour drive back across the state and did nothing but ponder....

The reason you give Alcoa a bad name, is you come on here, bashing their opponent, talking smack that you have NO business talking! thats a lie..never bashed one kid from Milan As I stated earlier, you had no DAWG or F5 in the race, yet you felt it your business to get involved! this is an open forum..I thankfully can cheer for whoever I choose You are a pot stirrer you like to keep a paddle around yourself or would not have written another dramatic novel, and unfortunately you have sucked myself and Huf ini made you do it B) . Alcoa, fans and team alike, don't need your smack talk, because they talk very little smack....they line up and well just smack you boy they sure did! lol

You first started to dislike me when I stood up 1. for my team when a "proudparent" posted on the York/Milan thread, what came across as bragging you took it as bragging but everyone but you knew different and the statement was retracted about the fact that we had two injured players that night no one...no one wants a kid hurt. I have a LOT of pride in my Dawgs, they are all AWESOME kids on and off the field! I get very defensive of my boys, so I was NOT going to let that slide. Anyone on here who knows who I am, knows that I'm not afraid of confrontation! and 2. when a PLAYER from York identifies himself this has what to do with me?, and then proceeds to call ME a "pompous idiot"thats a NO NO :thumb: , I let my emotions get the best of me. It wasn't my most "classy" of momentsreally?, but I wasn't completely out of line. He is supposed to be a leader and example, and REPRESENTS his school and team. He or NO player or coach should be on a site like this, and make remarks like that. If you do, and you tell everyone who you are, be prepared for your orgization to be called class-less because that is what you are!

You may not have cheered for Milan, and I'm SURE that's why we lost. Truth is, go back and read, I could care less if we have "Wagon-riders" cheering for us. Milan brought a pretty hefty showing of their own, without the likes of you. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed seeing other colors and schools there for Milan. But I don't like people using that as if it's going to hurt our feelings.

Anyway, I'm done with you. I could really care less if I ever hear from you again is that promise?....but again that's just my opinion arent you glad we are entitled to one?!

Get over yourself :thumb: