1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Okay, here is my take on the game. Some of my Pirate brethren was very boastful which concerned me. Because it was reminding of before the Polk game. I asked some questions before the game and people who knew more about UC than I did said that there were good on offense and their defense wasn't as good. The size difference was probably the biggest difference with UC offense. Yes, the running back for UC took some licks and you could see before halftime he was starting to slow a little but in the second half especially when UC had the momentum that he was able to overcome and dig deep and that is exactly what he did. The reason the QB and the sweeps were so successful is because SP started keying on the dive play and did not keep the outside contained. It could have been by design or poor execution. Neither defense could stop the other offense and it was very obvious. Sp's 2 turnovers was in my opinion the difference in the game. The 15 yard penalty that helped UC on their last drive could also be argued as the difference in the game. The referees for the most part let them play and I am glad they did because there could easily been a few more penalties called on both teams that weren't. Okay, to sum it up it was a difference in styles and the smash mouth won but not to say the finesse style could not have won too would be ridiculous. Both teams were very good and believe it or not both deserved to win but one had to lose. SP will now (I hope) go back to Pirate football which is ..... you guessed it ..... smash mouth football. Congrats to both teams and to UC enjoy it .... because now there is a bulls eye on your back.

Get a grip. We kept you guys in the game when we fumbled on one of our first posessions and caused us to lose a down. We also tried to help ya'll out when we tried to pass. No question that the refs helped ya'll on the two point conversion. Your defensive ends were big boys, just got pushed out of the way.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could stand to take some lessons in character from that kid yourself bud. My daddy always said in his wonderful soutern accent"The same thang that makes ye laugh is the same thang that makes ye cry"

Eat Crow BIG MOUTH.

congrats uc, you guys played hard and deserve the win, makes us wc fans feel a bit better to have lost to the team that won, dont let sp make too many excuses yall are state champs and thats all that matters, they had a whole game to do something about it, great job and hope wc can see you guys again next year!

You could stand to take some lessons in character from that kid yourself bud. My daddy always said in his wonder soutern accent"The same thang that makes ye laugh is the same thang that makes ye cry"

Eat Crow BIG MOUTH.

Funny thing is littleswo...that I never said one thing about you all week...yea I am confident in our boys...and still am...Its not going to change...that is just how all SP people are...I must of hurt your feelings in the week for you to keep talkin about me :mellow: We lost its just a game....Yea I would have liked to win..but is it going to upset me...Why No! I am fixin to watch TC and Boyd play and then Florida beat Alabama and enjoy my day! You have a good one to....nice talkin to ya this week!!!!! :thumb:

Congrat's BigSwo on your son's huge win... he will remember it for the reast of his life.. I predicted spitt by 1 for a few i thought it might me.... CONGRATS on a very very very well coached team and a classy team.. i saw the whole game great sportsmanship on both sides... we LOST period i wasnt even mad you guys deserved it.. Myself i dont think it was the butt whoopin some of your rude Posters say it was i mean you guy's was behind chasing us 75% of the game BUT was ahead when it counted.... You cannot have turnovers on a great Team you will get beat everytime..... we had no answer for your #27 great runner awesome ball handling....at south pitt if you have watched a few loyal and faithfull's you have seen them say we loose close games to good team's... Ahhhhhem... we play smash mouth football as you do at Union city.. I dont understand when we was on the 2 yard line we go for a field goal... our kicker has missed as many extra points that he has made this year... ( altho he has made awesome improvement's. if we miss you get the ball on the 20.. if we dont make it you get on the 1 or 2.. its a no brainer... from what i hear there will be alot of changes at south pitt this coming year. i cant wait.. Again great job union city you guys come to play. an dplay you DID!!! to some of you bashers after the game on here you show about as much class as some of our bad poster's why dont you try being the better person... and be honost to the fact you guys was on your feet as much as we were.. was not a domination game teh fact is you run the balll PERIOD.... making a record or 47 rush's by one player show's that.. it also show's you coulndt pass.. had we held onto the ball it would be a different outcome and you guys know it.. anyway... get your kicks in on some of spitt's faithfull but dont make it look like you guys had it from whistle to whistle wasnt near that kind of game..

You could stand to take some lessons in character from that kid yourself bud. My daddy always said in his wonder soutern accent"The same thang that makes ye laugh is the same thang that makes ye cry"

Eat Crow BIG MOUTH.

Funny thing is littleswo...that I never said one thing about you all week...yea I am confident in our boys...and still am...Its not going to change...that is just how all SP people are...I must of hurt your feelings in the week for you to keep talkin about me :mellow: We lost its just a game....Yea I would have liked to win..but is it going to upset me...Why No! I am fixin to watch TC and Boyd play and then Florida beat Alabama and enjoy my day! You have a good one to....nice talkin to ya this week!!!!! :cry:

Oh Im enjoying this. as much trash as you talked and you are going to try and convince me that it doesnt really matter. You are so full of crap. Well im telling you that you are a stick and run kinda guy. When you think you are on top you are always stickin and stickin. but when the tables you turned you run like a scared lil girl. You can hide behind your feeble attempt s at being self rightous if you want too sonny but we in th west know what you really are. In your own words " That's just the way it is" :thumb:

:cry:

Eat Crow BIG MOUTH.

Funny thing is littleswo...that I never said one thing about you all week...yea I am confident in our boys...and still am...Its not going to change...that is just how all SP people are...I must of hurt your feelings in the week for you to keep talkin about me :mellow: We lost its just a game....Yea I would have liked to win..but is it going to upset me...Why No! I am fixin to watch TC and Boyd play and then Florida beat Alabama and enjoy my day! You have a good one to....nice talkin to ya this week!!!!! :thumb:

There is a difference between being confident and disrespecting the other team. Not all SP posters disrespects their opponents. You said you would not be back on the T until SP won the state.

quote="powerp"]

Eat Crow BIG MOUTH.

There is a difference between being confident and disrespecting the other team. Not all SP posters disrespects their opponents. You said you would not be back on the T until SP won the state.

I do not disrespect any opponents.....go back and read us vs. Boyd...or us vs. TC last year....when I see a close game I will say its going to be tough...UC suprised me...and everybody else....Case closed

quote="powerp"]

Eat Crow BIG MOUTH.

Funny thing is littleswo...that I never said one thing about you all week...yea I am confident in our boys...and still am...Its not going to change...that is just how all SP people are...I must of hurt your feelings in the week for you to keep talkin about me :mellow: We lost its just a game....Yea I would have liked to win..but is it going to upset me...Why No! I am fixin to watch TC and Boyd play and then Florida beat Alabama and enjoy my day! You have a good one to....nice talkin to ya this week!!!!! :cry:

Oh Im enjoying this. as much trash as you talked and you are going to try and convince me that it doesnt really matter. You are so full of crap. Well im telling you that you are a stick and run kinda guy. When you think you are on top you are always stickin and stickin. but when the tables you turned you run like a scared lil girl. You can hide behind your feeble attempt s at being self rightous if you want too sonny but we in th west know what you really are. In your own words " That's just the way it is" :thumb:

:cry:

I never run away! If we lose...I am on here...If we win I am on here....I do not rub it in peoples face when we win...If you ever played sports and I am sure you did like I did...you know you trash talked other teams...if you didnt...well you missed out....but anyways I am done with this thread....congratulations Union City on a hard fought championship game!!!If all Union City people hate me because of my trash talk and love for the game and pride I have in my alma mater then so be it...I never talked bad about an individual player one time and I was not the only fan predicting SP would win....So if you guys are offended...then so be it....See ya next year hopefully!

quote="powerp"]

Eat Crow BIG MOUTH.

I do not disrespect any opponents.....go back and read us vs. Boyd...or us vs. TC last year....when I see a close game I will say its going to be tough...UC suprised me...and everybody else....Case closed

Case is closed because UC won. You are in denial if you don't think you disrespect your opponents. You trash talk and down every team you play. Your posts only hurt SP. Most SP fans are more respectful than you are. By the way, I thought you were not going to post again until SP won the state.