1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

I am so ready for this game. I wish the 2A game was after ours. I would have really liked to have see that game.

You can stick around and watch UC's neighbor, Milan, take on the team that beat UC in the 2A state final in 2001, Alcoa. Just remember to wear purple since UC and Milan both are purple. :shock:

I will stay and watch that game but will only wear orange and black.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike.....I see where you and your scallywag brother are rooting for Boyd this week! Come on man, where's the TC/SP love? I just can't believe a Pirate would be pulling for a Private. :thumb: But it's all good, I understand. :shock: Are you guys going to get together and/or tailgate? Still like to meet powerP, Tom, KL, and the rest of the crew. I'm planning on coming up for at least the 1A and 3A game on Friday, so wouldn't mind hooking up. And I'll be wearing orange and black, not purple and gold, in case you all were wondering (hmmm, traitors). :shock:

Before posting I read in this thread where TR won Mr. Football. If that's the case......Congrats to him! That honor puts him in a very unique club, and I know he was very well deserving.

Hey Seven, yeah we will be there bright and early...shoot me an email and I will send you some contact info to hook up with all of us. Gotta pull for our neighbors in this, even though TC has all respect from us. See ya at the game.

Will do Tom. I found your email address, so I'll hit you up later in the week. I just hope nothing comes up between now and then at work that would prevent me from attending Friday. Talk to you soon. Thanks.

As a Grace Fan I got to see S Pitt friday and unless UCity can stop Terrell and the tailback this game will be a SPitt victory. I think the only way to slow them down is to play more zone coverage and load 3backers and force Terrell to pass more. He has a good arm but by using a backer to man cover a receiver like Grace did(their best tackler at LB in Waters I might add)just left two guys to cover Terrell and the tailback. Both those guys are special athletes and Terrell deserves his Mr Football Award.I think UCity has to leave the receivers.a little more open and committ to stopping the run and hope the receivers drop balls etc. Good luck to the Pirates. Maybe we can play again next season and make it a little closer game.

As a Grace Fan I got to see S Pitt friday and unless UCity can stop Terrell and the tailback this game will be a SPitt victory. I think the only way to slow them down is to play more zone coverage and load 3backers and force Terrell to pass more. He has a good arm but by using a backer to man cover a receiver like Grace did(their best tackler at LB in Waters I might add)just left two guys to cover Terrell and the tailback. Both those guys are special athletes and Terrell deserves his Mr Football Award.I think UCity has to leave the receivers.a little more open and committ to stopping the run and hope the receivers drop balls etc. Good luck to the Pirates. Maybe we can play again next season and make it a little closer game.

Next year will be at our house :shock: And zone coverage is the number one thing you do not want to play against Terrell for sure...he has picked it apart all year and hit his big TE with several passes....man is the best defense...the question is can you stop what is coming??? Like I said I like our chances on us scoring I just hope that we can stop yall

ok i was at the wc uc game last week and all sp has to do on d is have players that can stay in possition and players that can stop 27 on the dive they dont have speed out side the edge and the wide outs dropped pass so sp go out friday night and show y yall now are the best 1a program..... not like yall werent in the past but tc and mhs are 2a now....

:shock::thumb: sp biggggggg

I love all this talk about the kids. Terrell let me be the first from Uc to congratulate you. YOU ARE A TREMENDOUS ATHLETE AND ARE WELL DESRVING OF THE HONOR OF MR FOOTBALL. Now back to the the talk. Im sure the SP coaches are telling your boys a differant story than the banter that is taking place on this thread. I love to see confidence. Im not at all disturbed by the mass opinion across the state that we are without a doubt underdogs in this fight. I mean we are from the west right? What else could we be. I like it.ALOT. Someone said earlier that SP was bringing Mr Football on firday , who are we bringing. Well we are bringing a team that is starving to shut you up. We are not making bold predictions and over exageratted scores. We are bringing a hard nosed bunch of guys who will do thier on the field. Count us out and you will be counting how many Silver balls you have in your case. But like I said this is all talk. WE ARE COMING TO PLAY FOLKS. We respect you but we ARE NOT IN AWE OF YOU.

[WHERE IS UNION CITY IS IT CLOSE TO DYERSBURG

Union City is about 30 minutes from Dyersburg, an hour from Jackson, and 4 days from a gold ball.

You mean four days away til the round ball :roflol:

Look people get on here and stir the pot...bottom line is...some of the SP faithful have made crazy predictions...my three td prediction is reasonable I believe....UC has a big full back and a big line...All SP remembers what happened the last time we had a beast for a full back and a big line....we won state.....sounds like they have sorta the same team we had just minus the quick shifty backs.....I am telling ya...no one is taking Union City lightly...especially the coaches...they are very focused as well as our players....we did not come all this way to fail...we have to finish now and we WILL. Everybody is giving Terrell credit for Mr. Football but lets also give props to Union Citys guy and Jijuan Fennel our TE/DE...its a honor just being invited boys :roflol:

But seriously...UC will have to have a passing game to contend....Do they have a good throwing QB??

WHAT....they didn't even know it was legal to throw the ball over there. :roflol: If UC starts throwing the ball then SP will be rolling. :roflol:

Clearly, neither of you has seen film on Union City. The QB is one of the sharpest young men Union City has ever seen. Football follows him everywhere... being that his father is the head coach. He calls all of the plays, and makes decisions on-field. He knows how and when to throw the ball-- not to mention being tough and a great leader for the entire team. A well respected player, he is one to look out for. :wub:

[WHERE IS UNION CITY IS IT CLOSE TO DYERSBURG

Union City is about 30 minutes from Dyersburg, an hour from Jackson, and 4 days from a gold ball.

You mean four days away til the round ball :roflol:

Look people get on here and stir the pot...bottom line is...some of the SP faithful have made crazy predictions...my three td prediction is reasonable I believe....UC has a big full back and a big line...All SP remembers what happened the last time we had a beast for a full back and a big line....we won state.....sounds like they have sorta the same team we had just minus the quick shifty backs.....I am telling ya...no one is taking Union City lightly...especially the coaches...they are very focused as well as our players....we did not come all this way to fail...we have to finish now and we WILL. Everybody is giving Terrell credit for Mr. Football but lets also give props to Union Citys guy and Jijuan Fennel our TE/DE...its a honor just being invited boys :roflol:

When you had the "beast for a full back, and a big line"... did you also have a whole football team dedicating the season to a teammate killed in a tragic gun accident? Union City not only has the talent this year, but also purpose. For them, this is more than a game. It is an honor for them..you are right.. to have the chance to play for a young man who loved football as much as he loved life itself. :wub: