1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Let me ask you a question. Who told you these boys could run 50 yards in 4.4 seconds? You have to be joking. That is going ten yards in less than a second. This is a bunch of mess. Our guys are not that fast. Let me ask you Union people a question. How fast does your fastest player run the 50 yard dash in? Does that coach make those runners wear ankle weights to make them fast for the games on Friday? That turf up their in Cookesville should make those runners a little faster. You think im joking but im not. I have been reading some more in my book this morning and this Union team has some real good strong boys. Grider needs to put number 73, 74, 77, 78 on the defensive line this week so Union cant knock a big hole in our line. These are all big ole strong boys. We are the home team this week, so I will call Grider and let him know that we need to wear all black jerseys this week.

Thanks Roy, I don't know what Grider would do without you. Maybe you should drive one of the buses.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Union City's O-line average??? Bet they do not have a man bigger than that 6 foot 330 pound monster from Boyd...man he was big....lets talk some football instead of trash talking for once....Does Union city have alot of depth?? How many state games have they played in??? Who are the two best players on defense?? Any kick/punt returners that can fly???

Great Job Terrell....you have been a great leader all year...Now lets go finish the deal....Terrell and Jijuan looked like giants compared to that linemen from Union City that was on stage with them :?:

They dwarfed him...is that what UC are calling big lineman?? Bless their hearts!!! They are gonna sit on frozen seats, with a northeasterly blowing across their face to watch what is about to happen.....This ain't gonna be pretty! Brrrrrrrrrr

GO PIRATES!!!!

While I understand what you are saying and where you are going with this, lets not forget our own Jonathan Blevins. He gets dwarfed as well standing side by side other players but he is a giant when the ball is snapped. This kid from Union City could be the same way if he made it this far. Don't equate size with ability/heart. Just saying.

I will go with SP . I watched UC last week their FB is a BEAST. I still pick SP there is no way UC's #27 can run the football 30 times and play corner with SP's speed . He was cramping bad Friday night and if WC would have went at him in the air more they might have won the game.

Great Job Terrell....you have been a great leader all year...Now lets go finish the deal....Terrell and Jijuan looked like giants compared to that linemen from Union City that was on stage with them :?:

They dwarfed him...is that what UC are calling big lineman?? Bless their hearts!!! They are gonna sit on frozen seats, with a northeasterly blowing across their face to watch what is about to happen.....This ain't gonna be pretty! Brrrrrrrrrr

GO PIRATES!!!!

While I understand what you are saying and where you are going with this, lets not forget our own Jonathan Blevins. He gets dwarfed as well standing side by side other players but he is a giant when the ball is snapped. This kid from Union City could be the same way if he made it this far. Don't equate size with ability/heart. Just saying.

DrunkenSailor, you have a good point....I'm trying to keep from getting caught up in this trash talking although sometimes you just gotta say something...and you are correct about Jonathan...I would take an entire line his size if all had his heart and hustle. Its easy to say we will win by 50 or whatever when the truth is if you make it this far you can play,usually thats the case. Go Pirates!!

Let me ask you a question. Who told you these boys could run 50 yards in 4.4 seconds? You have to be joking. That is going ten yards in less than a second. This is a bunch of mess. Our guys are not that fast. Let me ask you Union people a question. How fast does your fastest player run the 50 yard dash in? Does that coach make those runners wear ankle weights to make them fast for the games on Friday? That turf up their in Cookesville should make those runners a little faster. You think im joking but im not. I have been reading some more in my book this morning and this Union team has some real good strong boys. Grider needs to put number 73, 74, 77, 78 on the defensive line this week so Union cant knock a big hole in our line. These are all big ole strong boys. We are the home team this week, so I will call Grider and let him know that we need to wear all black jerseys this week.

It's Union City, not just Union.

How big are these speedsters from South?

Hey Mike.....I see where you and your scallywag brother are rooting for Boyd this week! Come on man, where's the TC/SP love? I just can't believe a Pirate would be pulling for a Private. :thumb: But it's all good, I understand. :shock: Are you guys going to get together and/or tailgate? Still like to meet powerP, Tom, KL, and the rest of the crew. I'm planning on coming up for at least the 1A and 3A game on Friday, so wouldn't mind hooking up. And I'll be wearing orange and black, not purple and gold, in case you all were wondering (hmmm, traitors). :shock:

Before posting I read in this thread where TR won Mr. Football. If that's the case......Congrats to him! That honor puts him in a very unique club, and I know he was very well deserving.

Hey Seven, yeah we will be there bright and early...shoot me an email and I will send you some contact info to hook up with all of us. Gotta pull for our neighbors in this, even though TC has all respect from us. See ya at the game.

I will go with SP . I watched UC last week their FB is a BEAST. I still pick SP there is no way UC's #27 can run the football 30 times and play corner with SP's speed . He was cramping bad Friday night and if WC would have went at him in the air more they might have won the game.

I don't think #27 plays corner...he plays linebacker. #28 plays tailback and safety.

I am so ready for this game. I wish the 2A game was after ours. I would have really liked to have see that game.

You can stick around and watch UC's neighbor, Milan, take on the team that beat UC in the 2A state final in 2001, Alcoa. Just remember to wear purple since UC and Milan both are purple. :shock: