SP's Terrell Robinson is A Class Act

OLD PIRATE

SP's Terrell Robinson displays class and why he should be Mr.Football became crystal clear to OP in the last several weeks. Old Pirate is proud to have been a friend to Terrell's grand father Dave Robinson. Several years ago before the passing of Dave OP sat and talked to the always pleasant soft spoken man. We talked about back in the day and of the McReynolds School and how things got to be where they are today. Dave having been a great football player while at McReynolds had a vision of things to come. Tyrone Robinson was QB at Bridgeport before starring at Tenn and his younger brother Vincent played for Bridgeport and both were two sport athletes with Vincent finishing his playing carreer at UTC in basketball. All that said this OP figures Dave could read talent with grandsons Tyrone-DB for the Pirates now playing at Carson Newman and Antonio WR for the Pirates now playing at Tn Tech. As Dave and OP talked it was clear Dave knew Terrell was goin to be a special player before his playing days were finished. The SP folkes have watched Terrell very closely and have applauded him and his teams efforts. Terrell became "The Man" for the Pirates after the graduation of a fine group of seniors off of the 08 Pirate team. Terrell, while not the vocal type has lead his team on the field by his determination,play and great sportsmanship. Every team SP has played came into their game against the Mighty Pirates with schemes to stop #6. OP says the only thing that has stopped #6 was the flu against the Bucs. Terrell was taken home after a lengthly rain delay @ the swamp and the Pirates would eventually lose with their leader missing. The Polk game was a game in which several SP fans could hear the Polk coach shouting to his players to hit # 6 every play regardless if he had the ball or not. Polk players did exactly what they were told and coached to do with one play being an obviously late hit on T. Rob that went uncalled resulting in a concushion. The QB attempted to shake out the cob webs but was never the same the rest of the game resulting in the Pirates failing in their bid to overcome a 1st half lead by the Wildcats. The Pirates hosting Gordonsville saw players attempting to hobble the QB while tackling him and twisting his ankle and later running him off the playing field onto the track resulting in that player being ejected. The Pirates knew the rep of Grace coming into the semi game against the team from Knox. While watching the game last nite this OP became forever impressed with the senior wearing # 6 and remembered what Dave had predicted years before. After surviving a game where attempts were made to slow, stop or end the QB's high schools rampage. After several late hits one did slow the QB for 2 or 3 plays before he re-entered the game to lead "HIS" team to victory in a hostill enviroment. Old Pirate sat in the stands watching as the teams lined up to shake hands and T. Rob stood near the rear of the line slowly making his way shaking hands and stopping to hug friends and relatives. Now fellers, Old Pirate says there must have been a hundred friends and relatives because # 6 shook hands and hugged almost every player and coach on the Grace team...................

As OP stood once again applauding such grace, humility and sportsmanship thoughts of Dave's remarks again rang clear and loud. MR.FOOTBALL.................recon he will always be that to this OP if he wins the honor or not. Regardless every football fan should applaud a young man with such humilty while displaying leadership and great sportsmanship.

THIS OLD PIRATE SAYS GREAT JOB T.ROB,THANKS FOR YOUR LEADERSHIP OF THIS YOUNG TEAM

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrell continues to step his game up each week and has quickly become the leader we all knew he was. This young man has proven he is worthy of every honor and award that comes his way. The future is his to grab...let's see your best game yet next Friday...Congrats Terrell, it has been a pleasure to watch you this year...you will be sorely missed!!

That's a good Post OP. I totally agree with you and the South Pitt faithfull that this ( TN ) is Mr. Robinson's neighborhood. He should win Mr. Football in Class A. I do however take exception to your post regarding late hits delivered on the QB. He didn't pass the ball during our game and was never hit late from my vantage point. The hit that put him out was a hit within the play and unfortunatly put him out for a couple of plays. So please don't over dramatize his injury as dirty play. He came back in and rubbed a TD in our face, congrats to him and the Pirates, but the hit was legit, look at the tape.

Mr. Robinson, you are the real deal. PLEASE keep your head on straight and make yourself something special with your athletic ability (get your college degree first). As a former QB, I've never seen someone throw the ball as effortlessly as you do. Keep working hard, I want to see you on Saturday's. Nice job, sorry you got hobbled for a couple of plays against us. Win YOUR championship next week and lead YOUR team to victory. Good luck. It was a pleasure watching the 2009 Pirate team.

You could tell that Terrel was a special player by looking at how smooth he was with the basketball in middle school. Outstanding talent, could probably play basketball at UTC also. I just hope he keeps that focus and drive that many kids in our area lose and gets his degree. One thing is for sure, Sp will have the athletes next year, but they are going to have some huge shoes to fill with the loss of all these seniors.

T. Rob is one of the best leaders I have seen on the team. Not vocally, but by leading his team with his ability and talents along with his determination to win.

SilverandBlue.. I agree, the hit that put him out for a play against GCA was fine. It wasn't late. I read the post as if OP was referring to the Gordonsville and Polk County games. Those were late hits and penalties were called as needed.

Congrats T. Rob, and I wish you the best for years to come on and off the field!

Goodluck to T Rob at the Mr. Football awards as well as the game this week. It has been a pleasure to watch this young man play the last few seasons. Anytime I have ever said anything to him he is always so humble and a classy kid. I look forward to following this kid as he starts his college career. The sky in the limit for this kid. He is a good athlete, great student and even a better person.