Sullivan South Offseason Thread

WaCoJaCo

Core, I agree 100% with what Crawdad wrote...the coaches do a fine job of finding, teaching, strengthing and otherwise preparing our team for the games. I just tried to put a few examples showing that the coaches give opportunities to all....hence the 9 defensive backs used statement and that 30 of 66 players had been utilized a fair amount this year.

I just then asked for the ones who disagree with that to name some current roster players who they felt were not given a fair shot to play or who could've have helped and possibly change the outcome of some games.

I'm just a simple Rebel lover you see :roflol:

Lets not start naming names......They have enough to worry about than having a bunch of grown ups on the internet talking about them. The rebels will be fine.

I agree, no names on here, it might hurt someone's feelings. I vote for government health care, bailing out banks, pulling out of Afghanistan (sp?), gun control, cap and trade, increased spending without increased taxes--I look forward to 10X inflation, am for opening our southern borders to the drug cartels and hords of child sex slavers, letting sex offenders teach school, and, last buy not least, to the Kingsport Annexation of Colonial Heights. There, I said it. Conservative and proud of it. :mrgreen:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed out of this mess almost and said what I felt but I have a major problem with some of this. It doesn't bother me to name names. And yes, i do feel that I have a superb understanding of the game and through the years have accuired the ability to recognize character of the lack of. Am I a grandstand coach? You betcha'! Could I be a coach? I would give it my all. Do I think I am a better coach than the current staff? Of course not! Do what I do and walk a mile in my shoes then tell me how to run my business. The same with Stacy and Company. I don't agree with everything he does. There are many things I would do different. But I'll tell you one thing...Anyone...and I mean anyone would be hard pressed to come in and do what he has done. Period. I didn't buy into his ways in the beginning. Nope, it took a while. It took two years. That's how long it took me to get what he was trying to accomplish through my thick head. And I'm proud to say that I have learned so much by just watching him operate. He changed many of my views I will admit. But irregardless how the coach is and what his success ratio is there are some cold hard facts. To save space (ha! sic) I will use two South players to make my point. One would be Steven Hopkins. He played football from Optimist league all the way through his Senior year and is now at West Point...playing football...Hello! He was terrible. He was overweight, slow, weak, unmotivated...he was a typical benchwarmer in the truest sense of the word. He never and I mean never played. That's 8 count 'em, 8 years of playing football. And 90 percent of those years riding the pine. Then one day something happened. He got in the weight room the summer before his Senior with some likeminded players and decided to get it on. And get it on he did. He was a tremendous offense and defensive lineman his Senior year. And got a scholorship to play football at Westpoint. With a 4.0 no less. He is there to this day. I give you one more example. He played Optimist and was fast and was a year ahead of my son but had to sit the bench behind my son. The same senario followed him through his 8th grade year. After his Frosh year he quit football after deciding that he was not good enough and tired of not playing for 5 consecutive years. In those years his speed only got better. I knew what his worth was. I was chastised by my close friends for recruiting him to come back as they all said, "he's a partier he won't make it." Well, in the spring before his Senior year I started to haunt him. I went repeatedly to his place of employment and walked into the kitchen and told him I wasn't leaving until he told me he would come back and play football. I did this until the end of the school year. By the end of June he was back. He ended up starting on defense and special teams and was a player of the week once or twice. He was a crucial element to our defense that year being Curt's Senior year. He lifted, practiced, and played his scronie little heart out. Then at the football banquet that year I had to listen to his admission that it was the best year of his life and that he wished he had never left the program. And with tears streaming down his face he pleaded with the underclassmen in attendence to never...NEVER give up! Because you can do anything you want to do if you try he said. That would be none other than Michael Acero. Or as Larry Harris affectionately called him...Michael Acerio. These South coaches make their choices based on crteria that is nothing short of rightous. Yes, there are other stories that were not quite as heart warming. And I was involved in two of those as well. And both of those potential superstars are still in the gutter with no hope in sight. Stacy Carter's system can't save them all. And yes I have to admit that someone deserving will fall through the cracks but by the Gods in all of his shortcomings, and he like us all, has a few, he is the next best thing to slice bread at Sullivan South. And I tell you now that talent or no talent we would not be where we have been if not for this man and his devoted staff.

So for me I tell you...get of his case! Maybe he should have gone for it on the 4th and ones but when it comes to teaching your children to be men...understand that you are fortunate to have had such a staunch believer in what is right. And if your boy can't ride the pine then tell him that when the going gets tough that the tough get going. the Unadulterated Rebel Nation.

I'm done with this. Whiny, disgruntled parents? I am not a parent of a current player. I have relatives that will go through South and know a few of the players.

All I have said here is that all young men who suit up should get a fair shot. How can reasonable people argue with that?

The ones on here, that have the stars picked out for next year and in bold print say that they know who should ride the bench are typical water cooler coaches who have no clue or parents that think their sons have a vested right in their position.

If any of the new players and the transfers (that I hear may very well take some of these starting spots) for South visit this site, and I hope you do not, let me say this: I believe you will get a fair shot next year. I do not believe any of the above posters have a clue or influence as to who will get playing time and who will not. South needs your help and will welcome you with open arms if you are willing to work hard.

its all about the chms boys and who the pigskin pparents say who should and shouldnt play its a fact

I stayed out of this mess almost and said what I felt but I have a major problem with some of this. It doesn't bother me to name names. And yes, i do feel that I have a superb understanding of the game and through the years have accuired the ability to recognize character of the lack of. Am I a grandstand coach? You betcha'! Could I be a coach? I would give it my all. Do I think I am a better coach than the current staff? Of course not! Do what I do and walk a mile in my shoes then tell me how to run my business. The same with Stacy and Company. I don't agree with everything he does. There are many things I would do different. But I'll tell you one thing...Anyone...and I mean anyone would be hard pressed to come in and do what he has done. Period. I didn't buy into his ways in the beginning. Nope, it took a while. It took two years. That's how long it took me to get what he was trying to accomplish through my thick head. And I'm proud to say that I have learned so much by just watching him operate. He changed many of my views I will admit. But irregardless how the coach is and what his success ratio is there are some cold hard facts. To save space (ha! sic) I will use two South players to make my point. One would be Steven Hopkins. He played football from Optimist league all the way through his Senior year and is now at West Point...playing football...Hello! He was terrible. He was overweight, slow, weak, unmotivated...he was a typical benchwarmer in the truest sense of the word. He never and I mean never played. That's 8 count 'em, 8 years of playing football. And 90 percent of those years riding the pine. Then one day something happened. He got in the weight room the summer before his Senior with some likeminded players and decided to get it on. And get it on he did. He was a tremendous offense and defensive lineman his Senior year. And got a scholorship to play football at Westpoint. With a 4.0 no less. He is there to this day. I give you one more example. He played Optimist and was fast and was a year ahead of my son but had to sit the bench behind my son. The same senario followed him through his 8th grade year. After his Frosh year he quit football after deciding that he was not good enough and tired of not playing for 5 consecutive years. In those years his speed only got better. I knew what his worth was. I was chastised by my close friends for recruiting him to come back as they all said, "he's a partier he won't make it." Well, in the spring before his Senior year I started to haunt him. I went repeatedly to his place of employment and walked into the kitchen and told him I wasn't leaving until he told me he would come back and play football. I did this until the end of the school year. By the end of June he was back. He ended up starting on defense and special teams and was a player of the week once or twice. He was a crucial element to our defense that year being Curt's Senior year. He lifted, practiced, and played his scronie little heart out. Then at the football banquet that year I had to listen to his admission that it was the best year of his life and that he wished he had never left the program. And with tears streaming down his face he pleaded with the underclassmen in attendence to never...NEVER give up! Because you can do anything you want to do if you try he said. That would be none other than Michael Acero. Or as Larry Harris affectionately called him...Michael Acerio. These South coaches make their choices based on crteria that is nothing short of rightous. Yes, there are other stories that were not quite as heart warming. And I was involved in two of those as well. And both of those potential superstars are still in the gutter with no hope in sight. Stacy Carter's system can't save them all. And yes I have to admit that someone deserving will fall through the cracks but by the Gods in all of his shortcomings, and he like us all, has a few, he is the next best thing to slice bread at Sullivan South. And I tell you now that talent or no talent we would not be where we have been if not for this man and his devoted staff.

So for me I tell you...get of his case! Maybe he should have gone for it on the 4th and ones but when it comes to teaching your children to be men...understand that you are fortunate to have had such a staunch believer in what is right. And if your boy can't ride the pine then tell him that when the going gets tough that the tough get going. the Unadulterated Rebel Nation.

:bored:

Your guy is at the top of the list for wanted candidates for the SH job. Should be a lot of worry if I were a South guy. No one can deny it, SC has brought a huge amount of success to the school while he has been the coach. Will he stay or will he go. Regardless....it would have to be agreed that South would be a lot weaker without SC, attitude and coaching style. Said with respect cause heck...he can get the job done.

From JC Press.

— Stacy Carter, who has built a dynasty at Sullivan South. The Rebels have been one of the state’s best teams since Carter arrived, and he has plenty of playoff success. He’s an extraordinarily good quarterback coach, and he’s hungry to beat D-B — which is the one thing he hasn’t been able to do at South.

Even though there are several that do not see alot of playing time..lets not take away their importance. Without those boys to play on the Scout team in practice, our starters would not be as good. They take a beating without ANY recognition...I for one respoct them...

Football at South takes a tremendous amount of dedication and time and I applaud anyone that can stick it out...Hang in there boys....you are appreciated...work hard get stronger and faster....and GO REBELS!!

i thank they need to move boys around they had 20 cb's this year you got 20 more moving up surely they can play other spots..... i dont thank if u took a year off you should come back and start....DB boys are going to north i know of 3 that had tranfer there... why wouldnt they transfer to south ...and why didnt they play more boys to see what that got for next year

I agree that they had alot of wasted talent standing on the sideline...and why they did'nt play? nobody know's but Stacy...Thats just the way he plays it...If my memory is right St Claire,Bobby,Ethan Long,Jay Conkin,or Dillion Hammonds got a whole lot of playing time last year.Thats just Stacy's system.And as far as the DB boy's transfering..one of my best friends coaches at North and he said they had heard that some was going to transfer... but none of the boy's have enrolled at North yet.

You know I have not commented on this board at all. Because I promised my son I would stay off of this.

But I can't hold my views anylonger first of all Ethan Long played longsnapper last year that's why he started, There is not another longsnapper in East Tennessee that can snap .70 and snap it 15 yards to boot. Haven't you noticed most kids snap it 10 and 12 yards. Ethan's time is better than most college longsnapper's and close to NFL time.Plus he has had 99% average for 4 years. Now with that being said.

This is the first year he started as linebacker, he has always been a great linebacker, it just didn't suddenly happen this year. He is getting looked at by UT Chatt, Austin Peay, Carson Newman and has a walk on tryout for UT. The coaches at South never gave him the chance until this year , they started Ricky Neeley over Ethan last year because he was a senior. Ethan's records speaks for itself 141 tackles this year alone and 21 tackles in that Daniel Boone vs South game. So my son deserved to start and play on defense, he didn't play both ways like some.If that had been done less, we may of could of pulled that game out at Columbia, but the boys that played defense and offense couldn't hold UP.

He did extra time in the weight room all summer and put on 15 pounds also. If you want to start and play you have to put in extra time and effort. Enough said

i thank they need to move boys around they had 20 cb's this year you got 20 more moving up surely they can play other spots..... i dont thank if u took a year off you should come back and start....DB boys are going to north i know of 3 that had tranfer there... why wouldnt they transfer to south ...and why didnt they play more boys to see what that got for next year

I agree that they had alot of wasted talent standing on the sideline...and why they did'nt play? nobody know's but Stacy...Thats just the way he plays it...If my memory is right St Claire,Bobby,Ethan Long,Jay Conkin,or Dillion Hammonds got a whole lot of playing time last year.Thats just Stacy's system.And as far as the DB boy's transfering..one of my best friends coaches at North and he said they had heard that some was going to transfer... but none of the boy's have enrolled at North yet.

You know I have not commented on this board at all. Because I promised my son I would stay off of this.

But I can't hold my views anylonger first of all Ethan Long played longsnapper last year that's why he started, There is not another longsnapper in East Tennessee that can snap .70 and snap it 15 yards to boot. Haven't you noticed most kids snap it 10 and 12 yards. Ethan's time is better than most college longsnapper's and close to NFL time.Plus he has had 99% average for 4 years. Now with that being said.

This is the first year he started as linebacker, he has always been a great linebacker, it just didn't suddenly happen this year. He is getting looked at by UT Chatt, Austin Peay, Carson Newman and has a walk on tryout for UT. The coaches at South never gave him the chance until this year , they started Ricky Neeley over Ethan last year because he was a senior. Ethan's records speaks for itself 141 tackles this year alone and 21 tackles in that Daniel Boone vs South game. So my son deserved to start and play on defense, he didn't play both ways like some.If that had been done less, we may of could of pulled that game out at Columbia, but the boys that played defense and offense couldn't hold UP.

He did extra time in the weight room all summer and put on 15 pounds also. If you want to start and play you have to put in extra time and effort. Enough said

Sometimes it looks like a crap shoot. Good luck to THE MONEY!

I don't agree with alot of what you say, but I do agree that #56 had a great year. He was a surprise performer and brought alot of emotion and "hard-working" example to the team. He seems to be a great kid, as well. Congrats to #56 and Kudos to his parents for raising him to be the man he is. Like you said--Enough Said.

its all about the chms boys and who the pigskin pparents say who should and shouldnt play its a fact

Fact?? If there are 100 people that read this today, 98 of them, no 99 (all except you) of them, even little "Billy"---are saying, "Idiot". You may be a fine, upstanding member of our South Community, deserving of the upmost respect-----but that statement destroyed it all, because only an idot would believe that. But, no harm, you are safe. Think about changing your name there slugger.

Better yet, get involved with the Pigskin Parents, make a contribution, and see what those folks really do. Oh, by the way--come on and be truthful---did you donate this year to your son's pregame meals? or did I donate this year to your son's pregame meals?. I'm just saying-------------Get on board--Woo-Woo!!!!!!!!!! If you are a father of a player, I'd be willing to bet that he has the same attitude. The pigskin parents are losing alot of good folks this year and if you want to make a difference, there's your chance---if not, just keep up with the "woe is me" verbage. There are alot of good people from Sullivan Gardens and fine young men. Don't insult them with this garbage. I'm just saying:::::

Fact?? If there are 100 people that read this today, 98 of them, no 99 (all except you) of them, even little "Billy"---are saying, "Idiot". You may be a fine, upstanding member of our South Community, deserving of the upmost respect-----but that statement destroyed it all, because only an idot would believe that. But, no harm, you are safe. Think about changing your name there slugger.

Better yet, get involved with the Pigskin Parents, make a contribution, and see what those folks really do. Oh, by the way--come on and be truthful---did you donate this year to your son's pregame meals? or did I donate this year to your son's pregame meals?. I'm just saying-------------Get on board--Woo-Woo!!!!!!!!!! If you are a father of a player, I'd be willing to bet that he has the same attitude. The pigskin parents are losing alot of good folks this year and if you want to make a difference, there's your chance---if not, just keep up with the "woe is me" verbage. There are alot of good people from Sullivan Gardens and fine young men. Don't insult them with this garbage. I'm just saying:::::

Core...I have a feeling that "rebelsfan2" is an old woman. Could be one of the boys grandmothers. :D