scott smith resigns as topper headcoach

sissygirl

I think that we should be thankful that we had the run with Stacy that we had. So we didn't bring home a gold ball. Maybe that's a little bit the athletes and a little bit Stacy. Fact is, he gave us his best shot. If he goes he is not leaving us for dead. I feel we have plenty to move forward with and the optimist that I am believes that it could be a championship year for 2010 as well. As I believe that it all depends on the coach then our collective future depends on our new coach. Whoever that turns out to be. In my opinion, I feel nothing should be said at the banquet regarding his rumored departure. It has nothing to do with the celebration of the 2009 campaign. He will conduct the banquet from the standpoint of creating a winning season under the monumental duress of losing a key athlete and the devistation that entailed. There should be no hard feelings toward a man who taught us how to be a winner when we have never been this kind of winner in our history. We should be wishful of his success if he moves on and feel fortunate to have been graced by his leadership. Each of his campaigns were unique in their own way and should be remembered by their own merits. He turned out some of the best athletes this area has seen at any level.

For the prospected new coach the drill is already in motion. Everything is in place. He must merely win the hearts and minds of his inheritance and move forward with the same or more intense fervor that ruled the Rebel Nation to this point. It will not be a simple task but it is possible to surpass the current championship mentality left behind. I will aplaud the man that takes on this task. And will support him.

It is easy to say these words when I have no child left behind. But just because I am graduated doesn't mean I am merely a spectator. My vested interest as a born again Rebel will carry on. I have my favorites for our choice as a leader and you have yours. But I don't think anyone will ask us who we wish to carry the weight. In my view it is a simple economical decision. My view.

In summation I, for one, wish to applaud the man. And if he is to leave he has my blessing for whatever that may be worth. I know many who view this situation with much trepidation but I feel it is but a stream to cross on our journey across country. He taught our young men to prepare for the future and meet it with Hades bent for leather aplomb. I feel we are prepared for this chapter in our quest. I feel you should prepare your sons with equal dedication. For we still have something to prove. For the Rebel Nation.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we should be thankful that we had the run with Stacy that we had. So we didn't bring home a gold ball. Maybe that's a little bit the athletes and a little bit Stacy. Fact is, he gave us his best shot. If he goes he is not leaving us for dead. I feel we have plenty to move forward with and the optimist that I am believes that it could be a championship year for 2010 as well. As I believe that it all depends on the coach then our collective future depends on our new coach. Whoever that turns out to be. In my opinion, I feel nothing should be said at the banquet regarding his rumored departure. It has nothing to do with the celebration of the 2009 campaign. He will conduct the banquet from the standpoint of creating a winning season under the monumental duress of losing a key athlete and the devistation that entailed. There should be no hard feelings toward a man who taught us how to be a winner when we have never been this kind of winner in our history. We should be wishful of his success if he moves on and feel fortunate to have been graced by his leadership. Each of his campaigns were unique in their own way and should be remembered by their own merits. He turned out some of the best athletes this area has seen at any level.

For the prospected new coach the drill is already in motion. Everything is in place. He must merely win the hearts and minds of his inheritance and move forward with the same or more intense fervor that ruled the Rebel Nation to this point. It will not be a simple task but it is possible to surpass the current championship mentality left behind. I will aplaud the man that takes on this task. And will support him.

It is easy to say these words when I have no child left behind. But just because I am graduated doesn't mean I am merely a spectator. My vested interest as a born again Rebel will carry on. I have my favorites for our choice as a leader and you have yours. But I don't think anyone will ask us who we wish to carry the weight. In my view it is a simple economical decision. My view.

In summation I, for one, wish to applaud the man. And if he is to leave he has my blessing for whatever that may be worth. I know many who view this situation with much trepidation but I feel it is but a stream to cross on our journey across country. He taught our young men to prepare for the future and meet it with Hades bent for leather aplomb. I feel we are prepared for this chapter in our quest. I feel you should prepare your sons with equal dedication. For we still have something to prove. For the Rebel Nation.

For some reason after I read one of your Shakespeare & football mixes I get this vision of William Perry wearing a pink Tutu. :thumb:

For some reason after I read one of your Shakespeare & football mixes I get this vision of William Perry wearing a pink Tutu. :thumb:

"We got some movies...RE-FRIDGE-O-RATORS...." Yeah, his sidekick was that little guy who talked real squeakie...kind of like he did wear a Pink Tutu also...God rest his soul. I wouldn't mess with either one of them...Tutu or not. Perry is a very sick man these days though. Long live the Bears...Walter Payton and William Perry. Jack...you do like women right? I mean my visions are a bit different than that. :thumb:

For some reason after I read one of your Shakespeare & football mixes I get this vision of William Perry wearing a pink Tutu. B)

"We got some movies...RE-FRIDGE-O-RATORS...." Yeah, his sidekick was that little guy who talked real squeakie...kind of like he did wear a Pink Tutu also...God rest his soul. I wouldn't mess with either one of them...Tutu or not. Perry is a very sick man these days though. Long live the Bears...Walter Payton and William Perry. Jack...you do like women right? I mean my visions are a bit different than that. :thumb:

Your post and William Perry in a pink Tutu......no difference......get it :thumb:

Well can't comment on Rebel personal business like a banquet cause that is the kids night and the fans night. As far as making a run next year, it is in the cards for you all no doubt. If we look at just the 5A teams, you have a Volunteer team that was young last year, as long as they didn't lose anybody from hurt feelings on a terrible season, they could be something to watch. Central is due, if the QB leaves they will be having a terrible year, if he stays there could be some moments for them next year like Crockett. Speaking of them...they lost pretty much everyone, but they could surprise people in a game or two. TN High lost a ton, but atheltes aren't in high demand. Those kids should be able to step it up and make some noise next year. South, lost a ton, but bring back a ton and some dang good atheltes if I kept up with any of your alls. They may not be as strong, but I think that is right now and next year is a different story. My team, eh, we will be ok next year just like this year if some key players step up. SH supposedly is going to have a team to make a lot of noise in the conference, same goes with DB in that everyone is expecting their runningback to be the best thing for them...if he can stay healthy. Should be a lot more even this next year. On paper, I can see DB getting back in stride for a conference championship...of course it is January and that could change come August.

Toppers interviewed couple of very nice candidates this week :roflolk: . Wonder why they wasted these guys' time when Stacy has the job? :thumb:

If it were a done deal, they wouldn't unless the job is still posted then they kinda have to. Assistant Coach's spots? Or perhaps all we've heard is now pointing to Carter not taking the job...hmmmmm :thumb:

Stacy Carter is in too good of a situation to leave unless SHHS can meet every demand he requests. Here is why it will not happen.1) He will only go if he can bring two or three assistants with him. In order for that to happen there have to be teaching positions open. If the rumors are true and he wants to bring the Nelson bros and maybe Haynie, he will be disappointed because SHHS doesn't have those openings in the classroom. 2). Money is not an object for him. 3). He is the King of Colonial Heights. He has done more as a football coach than any other South coach. He is an icon at South. 4). His best chance to win a State Championship is at South, not SHHS. Here is why, SHHS has never been a football school and South will more than likely move down to 4A the next time they reclassify. 4A is the best chance any team from NE TENN has at winning a State. 5). Not all JC Brass want him. Another Big 8 coach has a lot of support with fewer demands. And lastly 6) I don't think he really wants it. The top job in NE TENN is not SHHS. Regardless of what many may think, it is DB. That is the job he wants. Every head coach in the Big 8 would take that job if it were offered to them.

I hope he doesn't go because I don't think they deserve him. They have been terrible at not supporting their head coaches and I would hate to see what they would do to him after they didnt win 10 plus games a year.

These just my random thoughts concern the topic.

Toppers interviewed couple of very nice candidates this week :flower: . Wonder why they wasted these guys' time when Stacy has the job? :thumb:

Im pretty sure you've been "punked"

I'm pretty sure he would know if he had...I just read Law from Whites Creek was available. Might be a nice fit for SH.

Toppers interviewed couple of very nice candidates this week :thumb: . Wonder why they wasted these guys' time when Stacy has the job? ;)

Im pretty sure you've been "punked"

I'm pretty sure he would know if he had...I just read Law from Whites Creek was available. Might be a nice fit for SH.

Im pretty sure you don't even know what Im talking about. :flower: