Best QB?

classof2002

Hey Space i heard an interesting FACT a couple weeks ago. Without going into too much detail lets just say Stone was about 2 hours away from playing for AC. That would have been fun to watch. Just think how good AC would have been the past couple years with a good QB.

It's no wonder Stone didn't come to AC. AC had a good QB in Longmire. Stone would have been riding the pine behind Longmire. NOW YOU KNOW WHY STONE DIDN"T GO TO AC, tvf27. (Longmire could tackle in open field, too, by the way!) :thumb:

THANKS... but,It WAS MORE FUN watching Longmire beat Stone! lol!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone is not big/tall enough to play D1. D2 probably. He's a "tweener". Williams looks like all world under Coach Gillum. He definitely has the size. Who's to say he's not D1 in a qb friendly system at the next level. He'll have another year to hone his skills. He blew Stone's stats out of the water and him only a junior. D1?...we will see. The Maryville qb is good. D1? probably not. Farraguts qb? good...not D1 either.

Yes Williams had better numbers than Stone! fact. But two totally different styles of offense, and one offense featured a 600 yard back, while the other featured a 1600 yard back and the district MVP. Last season when Gilliam got to AC, if he had the choice of Williams or Stone to run his offense, who would he have choosen? I think we all know the answer to that question. The arguement that Stone does not have the height, is one that I have heard all season long. At first I could see why people would make this arguement, because he is not 6'4 or 6'5. But I am a big time College football fan, and if you really look around, there a several QB's Stone height in D1A college football having a lot of success. Stone will get a lot bigger once he hits a college football program, but his height really shouldn't be a arguement anymore. It comes down to athletic ablility and arm strengh! Stone is an elite QB when it comes to these two factors. So yes Stone is a D1 QB, so is Juhlin. When I say D1 i feel that Stone could play in the SEC, while Juhlin could star at a TN Tech, or Austin Peay,ect. Ill give Tanner the benifit of the doubt and say he is a D2 maybe smaller D1 if he improves his arm strengh. But I could really see him excelling somewhere like Tusculum!

classof2002...Dude you must be dreaming ...Stone has already had two major D1 college programs state publically (prepxtra/knoxnews sentinel) he's too SHORT!!! Not taking ANYTHING away from the kid. He's a talented qb. Just not at the D1 and SEC level. Justin Price was FAR more talented/elusive/ mobile than Stone. Won all sorts of accolades, Mr. Football, etc. A 5'10" - 6'0" qb will really struggle at the d1 level. You know...can't see over the the 6'3", 325lb plus linemen. GET REAL.

Carson Newman might be a good place he could excel. (I hear Longmire might be headed to Tusculum! HOT DOG!!! WOULD BE JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLE DAYS!!!) ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! :thumb:

Get real opressed you cant tell me you wouldnt take stone over longmire I have nothing against longmire i know some of his family personally but he couldnt throw it into the ocean. Now maybe that had alot to do with the offense i dont know. But bottom line is its the qb job to get the ball to the playmakers and the only way he could do that was hand it to them. Trust me longmire being at AC had nothing to do with why stone didnt come to AC.

I've seen them play. The QB from Columbia Central has positively the fastest release I have ever seen. His hand swallows the ball. Many parts of the mechanics of a QB are teachable. And a strong arm is needed. But an ultra fast release can't be taught. You either have it or not. The QB from White Station is a circus act at best. Fran Tarkenton was just that in the NFL. Julin is the most complete package. But you people who spew D1 around as if it is some special articulation that helps to make the conversation sound good are very naive. Randall Cobb, Brent Burnette and Curt Phillips were heads and shoulders above these guys you speak of. Even Marsales Teague was better. Cobb is a WR. Burnette plays baseball I think. Teague is a WR. And Phillips, the #5 dual threat QB in the country in '07 is stuck at Wisconsin in a backup role. But at least he is stuck at QB. No QB in Tennessee currently holds a candle to these guys. My point is, it takes so much more than what you all have seen to be a DI QB. DII ain't no walk in the park either. None of these guys are anywhere near DI at the QB position with the exception of Juhlin. And he is a low level DI and only because he is a field general. Tennessee is a weak recruting state at the DI level. Our best talent is matched 10 fold by the real DI producing states. That is fact. Accept it. And try being realistic about your athletes. Some of the best academic schools are DII schools anyway. After all it is about the education. Not to mention NAIA. It's a rude awakening to migrate from HS to the college ranks in this sport. Having a party on signing day is cool but going through camp and making the dream happen is a whole 'nother happening. It's a ruthless job. Those who have been there done that know. The rest will learn. My hat is off to the ones who make it.

Get real opressed you cant tell me you wouldnt take stone over longmire I have nothing against longmire i know some of his family personally but he couldnt throw it into the ocean. Now maybe that had alot to do with the offense i dont know. But bottom line is its the qb job to get the ball to the playmakers and the only way he could do that was hand it to them. Trust me longmire being at AC had nothing to do with why stone didnt come to AC.

Dude...I am being real. Longmire over Stone any day of the week....even on Longmire's worst day would I take him over Stone. I would love to have seen Longmire under Gillum's offense, along with a few more players like Rogers and Coleman. If Justin Price, as talented as he was couldn't cut it at the D1 level, because of his height, you know Stone couldn't. You be real and face facts. It is what it is.

Dude...I am being real. Longmire over Stone any day of the week....even on Longmire's worst day would I take him over Stone. I would love to have seen Longmire under Gillum's offense, along with a few more players like Rogers and Coleman. If Justin Price, as talented as he was couldn't cut it at the D1 level, because of his height, you know Stone couldn't. You be real and face facts. It is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Longmire over is stone is really a stupid thing to say. Longmire was not half the QB talent of stone. Stone was better a every phase of playing the position so please make smart comments on here. As for Justin Price, I played against him in the 01 season and watched him play at both Pikeville College, and Maryville College, great high school player but not on the same level as Stone sorry. Way stronger arm, and much more athletic. Just ask him and Ill bet you he says the same thing. For those doubters on stone because of his height, please start watching college football and watch all of the shorter QB's playing in the spread offense having alot of success because they are so athletic and have great arm strength. I know it will take a few years for him to get bigger and stronger, but stone has the overall talent to play at a high level in college.

Please tell me what beating another team as to do with being a better athlete? Payton Manning could never beat Florida so that makes the QB's from Florida better huh? You are nuts if you think Longmire was a better QB. Got a question, where is he playing at now? I have no clue so please shine some light on the subject for me. As for Price was he was fast as Stone No, what about arm strength, Stone all the way. Put it this way, Stone could have played WR if he needed to and been very good and if I remember right he also played DB against one of the best athletes around from AC and shut him down the first game. Just look at the stats from the first AC game and tell me Stone isnt the best overall athlete of the 3, so really be realistic ok. Ill give you accuarcy and leadership skills for Price but thats about it. Who was the better high school player? tough question but who was the better athlete Stone. And I need to add that Stone nearly rushed for 1,000 yards during his Junior season. I don't think price ever did that he might have I honestly don't know, but I know Longmire never did that.

Please tell me what beating another team as to do with being a better athlete? Payton Manning could never beat Florida so that makes the QB's from Florida better huh? You are nuts if you think Longmire was a better QB. Got a question, where is he playing at now? I have no clue so please shine some light on the subject for me. As for Price was he was fast as Stone No, what about arm strength, Stone all the way. Put it this way, Stone could have played WR if he needed to and been very good and if I remember right he also played DB against one of the best athletes around from AC and shut him down the first game. Just look at the stats from the first AC game and tell me Stone isnt the best overall athlete of the 3, so really be realistic ok. Ill give you accuarcy and leadership skills for Price but thats about it. Who was the better high school player? tough question but who was the better athlete Stone. And I need to add that Stone nearly rushed for 1,000 yards during his Junior season. I don't think price ever did that he might have I honestly don't know, but I know Longmire never did that.

:D:wacko::D