WHO will be the next Coach at INDY ? ? ?

sarahpalin

jay 5 i have nothing against Law in fact, i would prefer he be the head coach of Dyson ( again i say this b/c at least he has put his time in unlike Dyson whom has what a year at glencliffe ,a year at FRA ( volunteer ) and that is it - oh i forget he does have a year at INDY under his belt- i dont think he deserves a shot and I FULLY dont think he should be an AD.....

Sure , i hope i am eating crow after this year when INDY is the district champs and make it into the 3rd round of the playoffs..

I think Webb should be in and K-Dice had it planned all along he would be the coach and bring his buddies in - hey are they gonna get Rocky C. do coach D ?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gambler, I do not recall 3 plays, but do recall 1 for sure and that was against Brentwood. I was not able to attend all the games, so there may have been more than that, but I know for sure there was 1 there.

I spoke to a parent who has a son on the team last night and he was saying that Dyson has several new guys on staff already. Law, an assistant from Spring Hill who he says has a son on the team at Indy and a former assistant coach that was at Indy before, I think he said Cisslack. I also gathered that Dyson did not hire Law, the principal did.

The more I find out about this situation and what is going on there at Indy, this is a classic case of who you are and who you know rather than what you have done.

Bottom line is this with Law and the other coach in house all Dyson will have to do is MANAGE and MAINTAIN a great program. This is the most important part. It sounds as though others will be handleing the x and o's. A couple things in response. I didnt say Mose was a great coach but a good one. I know he was loved at Hillsboro by all and WORKED his tail off at Hillwood. He ran his own bus to pick up players. Someone with that desire will have sucess. Also something that was kind of brought up but I will state is this. You cannot compare metro schools with Williamson Co schools. Law did a tremendous job at his previous school. He probably learned from mistakes and will do well at Indy. From what I hear the returning coach is really liked by the players and did really well in the past. Also this job is weird but its no different in that most of the time what it comes down to is who you know. This time it just happened to be AD. People sight MAryville for their success which deserves credit but remember THEY HAVE OPEN ZONING. Sorry but this is a huge advantage even over private schools. However its not Quarles fault that kids want to play for him use his facilities and go to a great academic school. Someone said playcalling is overrated. In high school with a great system in place the plays should come naturally GET THE BALL TO YOUR PLAYMAKERS as long as you do this and this is what your system is designed to do then whatever play you call within reason is a good call. The problem is when a coach tries to run a system they do not know or doesnt fit the players or the system doesnt get the ball to your playmakers. I will say this for Indy if Scharch (sp) was the top choice then Dyson was the better pick sorry but he hasnt proven anything either. In the end no matter who is in the job they have to WIN consistently and in the postseason. Eubanks didnt work out why because he didnt win in the post season. Was that his fault maybe was it talent probably was it an unsupportive administration maybe. Also Palin I have heard Webb present his defense and it is very simple and effective and that s why is succesful. Also the reason he is so simple he states is so he can spend his time working on fundamentals. I heard the defense last year at Indy tried to not be so simple so they didnt work on fundamentals. In the end support Dyson, Law, and Company. If they are even going to have a chance to succeed they must have parent and player support. Give them a chance even if you disagree keep it to yourself dont tell the players because its the hand they have been dealt. Good luck Indy you will certainly havce a spot light on your program next fall things like this do not happen regularly with the metro moving to the county.

GET THE BALL TO YOUR PLAYMAKERS as long as you do this and this is what your system is designed to do then whatever play you call within reason is a good call. The problem is when a coach tries to run a system they do not know or doesnt fit the players or the system doesnt get the ball to your playmakers.

Gambler...great statement above and more coaches should open their eyes and see this.

TRUST is also a big factor in coaching and teaching...can we find this in Wilco any more :roflolk:

GET THE BALL TO YOUR PLAYMAKERS as long as you do this and this is what your system is designed to do then whatever play you call within reason is a good call. The problem is when a coach tries to run a system they do not know or doesnt fit the players or the system doesnt get the ball to your playmakers.

Gambler...great statement above and more coaches should open their eyes and see this.

TRUST is also a big factor in coaching and teaching...can we find this in Wilco any more :roflolk:

Not even with a GPS

Bottom line is this with Law and the other coach in house all Dyson will have to do is MANAGE and MAINTAIN a great program. This is the most important part. It sounds as though others will be handleing the x and o's. A couple things in response. I didnt say Mose was a great coach but a good one. I know he was loved at Hillsboro by all and WORKED his tail off at Hillwood. He ran his own bus to pick up players. Someone with that desire will have sucess. Also something that was kind of brought up but I will state is this. You cannot compare metro schools with Williamson Co schools. Law did a tremendous job at his previous school. He probably learned from mistakes and will do well at Indy. From what I hear the returning coach is really liked by the players and did really well in the past. Also this job is weird but its no different in that most of the time what it comes down to is who you know. This time it just happened to be AD. People sight MAryville for their success which deserves credit but remember THEY HAVE OPEN ZONING. Sorry but this is a huge advantage even over private schools. However its not Quarles fault that kids want to play for him use his facilities and go to a great academic school. Someone said playcalling is overrated. In high school with a great system in place the plays should come naturally GET THE BALL TO YOUR PLAYMAKERS as long as you do this and this is what your system is designed to do then whatever play you call within reason is a good call. The problem is when a coach tries to run a system they do not know or doesnt fit the players or the system doesnt get the ball to your playmakers. I will say this for Indy if Scharch (sp) was the top choice then Dyson was the better pick sorry but he hasnt proven anything either. In the end no matter who is in the job they have to WIN consistently and in the postseason. Eubanks didnt work out why because he didnt win in the post season. Was that his fault maybe was it talent probably was it an unsupportive administration maybe. Also Palin I have heard Webb present his defense and it is very simple and effective and that s why is succesful. Also the reason he is so simple he states is so he can spend his time working on fundamentals. I heard the defense last year at Indy tried to not be so simple so they didnt work on fundamentals. In the end support Dyson, Law, and Company. If they are even going to have a chance to succeed they must have parent and player support. Give them a chance even if you disagree keep it to yourself dont tell the players because its the hand they have been dealt. Good luck Indy you will certainly havce a spot light on your program next fall things like this do not happen regularly with the metro moving to the county.

You are a wise man, Gambler. Very well put.

Scharsch (is the correct spelling) and I think most folks on The HILL are glad he's staying. :roflolk:

gamble man , well stated but i will still tell you Law was 25 and 25 in his tenure and what MOOSE said when he took over " I’ve been told by other coaches the talent is there every year at Whites Creek,” Phillips said. “It’s just how you nurture it and develop it and get it on board with what you’re trying to accomplish" YOu would think that LAW should have had a better record one and two LAW didnt know how to "nurture"his talent...

Eubanks in the post season was a very respectable 5 - 2 in the postseason (2007 went 4-1 with loss at State championship and last year was 1 - 1 )

I know during this whole forum ( and i stated the fact ) that many were making predicitions thru a hazed crystal ball and too many thought they had inside sources- but i will tell you and as George Plaster states you can book it - Eubanks was given the choice to step down , or take a lesser role in the program....

Indy has some very good talent, unproven but its thier to make a run -

right now gambler or others how will they do in conference next season - how is FHS and BHS next year>

i agree and I do think the parents will give 100 percent to the coaches , yes you will still have a few disgruntled parents but that will always be the case , when lil Johnny bo is 3rd string - but your right, if things go south quickly the touchdown club boosters and the fan base could be an issue to the team -

i disagee i would have taken Sarasch or whatever his name is - but he would be # 3 behind webb and Smitty

Its laughable that I am Law or Dyson. If you look at my post history you can tell that I am not either one especially by the topics and areas I made comments. In fact again I do not have a dog in the fight but love high school football and like to follow what is going on in all programs. I dont have a dog in the fight at Indy but the thread was to enticing. Besides after tommorow their will be no more football so I wanted to get a few more posts in before the end of the season. Again good luck Law and Dyson your going to need. Its not what youve done but what your going to do. Only time will.

Yes, Coach Bobby is back as DC as he was during the finals run two years ago. The players were pumped when he and Coach Fetner (Defensive Line) were introduced at the same time it was anounced that KD was going to be the head coach. I think this is going to work. The players like and will play for Coach Dyson and there are going to be experienced people all around him. Those of you who spend most of your time in a dark cloud need to back off and give this a chance.