Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

i watched the interview with the pastor and i dont know if i fault him as much as the athletic directors and the basketball and football coaches. i mean they have coaches who have came from schools all around in order to coach at grace. and you mean to tell me that none of them had any idea that they were in the wrong??? i dont buy that. i dont think bad of grace as a school or a church, it is not my place to judge them, i'm sure there are many good people affiliated with the school. however, i do believe that the coaches and/or athletic directors are giving the athletic programs a "we will do anything to win" reputation. actions speak louder then words and when you have players getting thrown out of games and coaches running the score up on teams that under achieve year in and year out, it dont look very good on the program or what the school stands for. there are many successful coaches out there with good morals and character who do it the right way. after this whole fiasco i think they need to clean house, get these coaches out of there and bring in some individuals who represent the goals that are mentioned on their web site, integrity, responsibility, perseverance, christian ethics, team work etc.

Pretty good reasoning,

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by THE KING

Hey Ram Fan, I'm glad Jesus decided to come eat with ole publicans like me instead of hanging out with the Pharisees if you know what I mean, brother. My Father is a a Bible Theology professor and he came from back in the day when everybody went to school together. If your little Johnny and Suzy have the holy ghost, then it ain't gonna matter where they go to school because their faith in Christ will keep them from sin. What bothers me, is there is too many cliques in society. We see degenerates walking the halls of our high schools and everyone wants to keep their juniors and misses away from them. I don't care how many degrees in theology you get, if your not trying to win souls and help the misguided and unfortunate, then its all garbage and God will spew it all out of his mouth at the judgement. I don't mean to rant and rave because you seem to want whats best for your kids. I've just seen too many preachers with 5 or 6 vehicles in their driveway while many in the congregation are struggling just to pay their tithes. Am I out of line, or is their something wrong with this picture? ;)

I can agree with you a little, yes it does not matter where you go to school if your children are saved and are walking with Christ. My point was for my family it was the best move we have ever made regarding schooling for my children. For my son, Grace prepared him fully for his major.All grades K-12 have Bible courses at GCA with phenomenal Bible teachers. NO public school could have done that for him in his field. His ultimate goal and major is to become a Bible Theology professor, and I know he will achieve his goal and will become a good one.The atmosphere from his former public school and GCA are totally 100% different as night and day pertaining to academics, behavior, spiritual life and just plain and simple on the way students treat other students. It took my daughter almost 2 years and my son about 1 year to get caught up when we moved them to Grace because their former public schools were that far behind................BUT WAIT!! before you get all unwraveled, I am only talking about our situation, not yours or anyone else because I know that there are a lot of good public schools out there that are much more advance than most as far as academics go, such as Oak Ridge City schools and Crossville HS just to name a couple.

So yes, my wife and I did what was best for OUR CHILDREN. :thumb:

This is not second hand. They were told when they got wannamker from east knoxville(living with his graNdmother, legal guardian at the time) That all fees and tuition had to be paid by the leagal guardian or parent. He moved in with the pastor's oldest son and they paid his tuition. I know that there were others who had their athletic participation fee paid for them by a member of the church. I could list a few more names of atrhletes that reeceived tuition and fee help from the church or members of the church.

FYI Nothing goes on at GCA that REV. Stewart does not know about. I'm surprised he is even openly admitting what they did even though they say it was out of love. Someone will lose their head over this if it means damage controll for the school and the church and to save Bro. Stewart.

AS far as the Williams boy is concerned, I believe he was suspended from GCA last year and was readmitted again this year. Grandparents thought he was receiving a scholarship to go to GCA.

Find out why McKamey was let go from Anderson County football staff, might give you indication of his character.

This is not second hand. They were told when they got wannamker from east knoxville(living with his graNdmother, legal guardian at the time) That all fees and tuition had to be paid by the leagal guardian or parent. He moved in with the pastor's oldest son and they paid his tuition. I know that there were others who had their athletic participation fee paid for them by a member of the church. I could list a few more names of atrhletes that reeceived tuition and fee help from the church or members of the church.

FYI Nothing goes on at GCA that REV. Stewart does not know about. I'm surprised he is even openly admitting what they did even though they say it was out of love. Someone will lose their head over this if it means damage controll for the school and the church and to save Bro. Stewart.

AS far as the Williams boy is concerned, I believe he was suspended from GCA last year and was readmitted again this year. Grandparents thought he was receiving a scholarship to go to GCA

Accountability seems to be hard to come by, I've asked nurerous times about the Wannamaker situation, can never get a straight answer. Honesty should be a priority for true Christian people. They seem to look at it like this , if we don't get caught, we didn't do nothing wrong. I'm not impressed.

Find out why McKamey was let go from Anderson County football staff, might give you indication of his character.

by THE KING

I can agree with you a little, yes it does not matter where you go to school if your children are saved and are walking with Christ. My point was for my family it was the best move we have ever made regarding schooling for my children. For my son, Grace prepared him fully for his major.All grades K-12 have Bible courses at GCA with phenomenal Bible teachers. NO public school could have done that for him in his field. His ultimate goal and major is to become a Bible Theology professor, and I know he will achieve his goal and will become a good one.The atmosphere from his former public school and GCA are totally 100% different as night and day pertaining to academics, behavior, spiritual life and just plain and simple on the way students treat other students. It took my daughter almost 2 years and my son about 1 year to get caught up when we moved them to Grace because their former public schools were that far behind................BUT WAIT!! before you get all unwraveled, I am only talking about our situation, not yours or anyone else because I know that there are a lot of good public schools out there that are much more advance than most as far as academics go, such as Oak Ridge City schools and Crossville HS just to name a couple.

So yes, my wife and I did what was best for OUR CHILDREN. :thumb:

First, please define "caught up"...I've always believed students who want to succeed will do so no matter their school. If not, you'd get no lawyers, doctors, successes in general from some systems and you do from all of them. Nothing stopped those students.

The school here has one who played football and is finishing his senior baseball season, he is also in the top 10 in his class (one of six or seven who played/are playing sports, by the way). He is considering ministry..by your reasoning, he would not be prepared academically or spiritually (I'm guessing the demographics/school system here are similar to the one you're talking about).

Indian, this is just another one of them fellers who thinks his kids are better than others and deserve the so-called better way. Being a pastor's son my entire life, I've been able to learn alot about the nature of "real" Christians and then the nature of the religious. The health and wealth crowd. The ones who want to learn how to preach, but they don't want to socialize and get to know people who may have not been so fortunate to have a good mom and dad at home. The last time I checked, God called people to preach. The trouble is in these days we have too many calling themselves. They figure they can earn a good pastor's salary and tickle the ears of the congregation. Its hard to find a good preacher who preaches H#ll hot and heaven sweet and the new birth a must. I think success is measured on how well you treat others and what you do for others who are less fortunate. I think God smiles on the unselfish.

Ive heard that also. Some football player from Grace got in trouble, Grace feared revenge that this kid would spill the beans so they went ahead and reported this violation. This tells me that Grace knows that there are alot more violations going on than has come out and are trying to cover them up. This is a shame they should come clean or declear for D2. For you people that defend Grace shame on you and play by the rules. I can not believe people will stand up and try to defend cheaters. These are direct violations of rules TSSAA has put down follow them like all other non christian schools.