New Franklin Co HS FB Coach

RebelHeart

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brewer wants the job, give it to him. You are not going to find a better coach for that program who is willing to stay. He knows as much about hs football as anyone else. You may have some that can make a better sell, it does not make them better.

Phillip Condra

In his three year stint as Grundy's head coach in the late 90s he turned Grundy from a loser into a winner again and took us to the second round of the playoffs. His reward....because we're stupid up here....was to have the program handed over to KC and the Sunshine Band who made NO progress from where Greg got us. Greg can do the job and he's as loyal as an old hound dog. He'd do anything for your program and your kids. I've never known a coach who was a better Man than Greg Brewer. He can coach and lookout for my boy any day.

David Lowrie.

If Brewer wants the job, give it to him. You are not going to find a better coach for that program who is willing to stay. He knows as much about hs football as anyone else. You may have some that can make a better sell, it does not make them better.

Phillip Condra

In his three year stint as Grundy's head coach in the late 90s he turned Grundy from a loser into a winner again and took us to the second round of the playoffs. His reward....because we're stupid up here....was to have the program handed over to KC and the Sunshine Band who made NO progress from where Greg got us. Greg can do the job and he's as loyal as an old hound dog. He'd do anything for your program and your kids. I've never known a coach who was a better Man than Greg Brewer. He can coach and lookout for my boy any day.

David Lowrie.

AGREE AGREE AGREE

Greg Brewer is a very good football coach and has an excellent defensive mind. How many sophomores and young players did they play on defense? they were replacing some good LBs from the year before if I emember corectly. I worked with Greg on the staff at Marion County and know first hand what kind of Coach he is. Alot of the defensive schemes and techniques I use today as a HC are things learned from Brewer. His in game adjustments and pre-game preparation are excellent. Sometimes it is tough as a defensive coordinator when you or working with a no huddle offensive scheme. How much prep time did those guys get in practice? How explosive was the offense as far as scoring points? If you are no huddle and going three and out many extra possessions for the opposing team. I do not know the answers but just makeing the point that there is alot more in points allowed than just defense. How many special teams TD were given up, etc? So don't base your assessment on just points allowed. The one thing that is not in question is the integrety and character of the man. He is an even better person and mentor to the players as he is COach. You will not find a player who has something bad to say about the man. The best endorsement I can give the Greg is if he called me today wanting a job he would have it before we hung up the phone. Good Luck Brew!!

Brewer is the best guy I have ever had the priviledge of coaching and working with. Been coaching in Tennessee since 1988 and guy is solid as a rock on and off the field.

I am also proud to call him a friend.

Give the guy the job and give him four years to produce.

If he doesnt succeed you wont have to fire him, he would step down. Thats the kind of man he is.

who ever gets it will be at a huge disadvantage/the new lady over the schools does not support athelitics SCHARBER I think is her name/they ran her out of franklin and we hired her/also heard the new coach will have to teach 3 classes and the boys on the football team could not come to the feild house untill 3 oclock/i heard we had some board members that liked athelitics/if all this is true these school board members need to get some of this changed and get this lady back out of our county/we have the best statium in the mid state and the worst DIRECTOR OF SCHOOLS IN THE STATE