Top AAA teams in the state??

Which post says AAU? When I posted West's current schedule of games played and the teams they played and the scores, next to the name of the team they played I put AAA if they were DivI AAA and I put AA if they were a smaller school DivI AA. Thats the only thing I remember but no AAU, This past summer a number of players were brought in for an exposure and a lot of University Coaches were thre from all over the country. Don't remember the date. But all of this means nothing about what i posted.Somebody up there said you were traveling soon and i wish you luck and again will see your team at state if you get thru District, Region. and Sectional in Tennessee if that is important to you.

seems to me you dont know what your talkin about billy bob . this current mo west team can and has beaten west middle and east tn powers. i put them up against any team in this state. wouldnt surprise me if they come back from phoenix with a national ranking. they have all the weapons and are very skilled which most teams cant match.

Ok, we'll depend on you to post the results on each of their games on here. It will be good to follow a Tennessee team in that tournament.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Mary's is not #1... Mater Dai (Sp) is. Who killed Hillsboro yesterday

Hillsboro has not played well lately due to some injuries and players out. the scores are not surprising as the school has lost by that many points in state lately. memphis losing by three might not be bad though.

Hillsboro is only a shell of themselves without their injuried star. Give me a break....saying Memphis CENTRAL only losing to the #1 team in the Nation might not be bad........ :thumb::blush::D is a total JOKE!

quote="hoopla"]My post had nothing to do with rankings and voting and all that other stuff. I don't care what the ranking is, I care about you dishing off on a team that does not meet your criteria for , uh, i am not sure what. Again, what did you mean by the BORO? AAU tournament? Maybe I am slow but where did all the Pat talk (uuuuummmmmmmmmmmm ) and drop off into the ocean come from? Seems Mo West and AA power GC are not your favorite teams as you seem to respond to both in a very negative way.

I agree! This guy was the same one that told us (Gibson Co.) to go out and play against top tier teams in the nation. He said we needed to go out and play in tournaments to get exposure. There's no way Gibson Co. would be able to compete with teams like Memphis Central and Morristown West are competing against. Yes, we're a great AA girls basketball team in the state of Tennessee with 3 D1 signees, however after that we start 2 Sophomores. Our first girls off of the bench are 2 Sophomores and a Freshman. There's no way we'd be able to compete against some of the best in the nation. Gibson Co.'s exposure tournament will come in March when we make our way back to the 'boro to win another gold one. If you want to see us PHargis, we'll be there!

St Mary's is not #1... Mater Dai (Sp) is. Who killed Hillsboro yesterday

Hillsboro has not played well lately due to some injuries and players out. the scores are not surprising as the school has lost by that many points in state lately. memphis losing by three might not be bad though.

Hillsboro is only a shell of themselves without their injuried star. Give me a break....saying Memphis CENTRAL only losing to the #1 team in the Nation might not be bad........ :thumb::blush::D is a total JOKE!

Maybe Memphis should have beaten them and maybe they thought so also.

quote="hoopla"]My post had nothing to do with rankings and voting and all that other stuff. I don't care what the ranking is, I care about you dishing off on a team that does not meet your criteria for , uh, i am not sure what. Again, what did you mean by the BORO? AAU tournament? Maybe I am slow but where did all the Pat talk (uuuuummmmmmmmmmmm ) and drop off into the ocean come from? Seems Mo West and AA power GC are not your favorite teams as you seem to respond to both in a very negative way.

I agree! This guy was the same one that told us (Gibson Co.) to go out and play against top tier teams in the nation. He said we needed to go out and play in tournaments to get exposure. There's no way Gibson Co. would be able to compete with teams like Memphis Central and Morristown West are competing against. Yes, we're a great AA girls basketball team in the state of Tennessee with 3 D1 signees, however after that we start 2 Sophomores. Our first girls off of the bench are 2 Sophomores and a Freshman. There's no way we'd be able to compete against some of the best in the nation. Gibson Co.'s exposure tournament will come in March when we make our way back to the 'boro to win another gold one. If you want to see us PHargis, we'll be there!

GC, honestly. find where I said that and I will see where the confusion was. The only question i was bringing up was why do schools want to go out of state to play in national tournaments when there are many Tournaments in State that will give just as good competition. The answer was going out of State would let a school know how they stand up. And my answer was when you get to state then you are only comparing with the same schools that were played in a national Tournament. Then the issue was the school needed a Christmas trip. I did not reply but cannot disagree the school needs to do whatever it needs to do. BUT there are good Tournamets all over this STate and schools who would like to be good hosts that would welcome schools in 13 and 14 to their tournament and I can assure you there would be competition.

Then someone posted on here that the GC Tournamet had been going on for 84 years and the Tournamet coming up was the first one that had schools out of the District. I do not condone or object to schools doing what they want to do but using going to a National Tournamet to validate a state rating means little. Playing against schools who also have D1 signees does level out the talent level and would be a confirmation of how the school is. For instance, some of your schools came to a Shelbyville camp a few years ago and did, without a doubt, confirm the school played at a higher level than AA. Thats likely still so but there are fans in the state would like to pay to see the standards thy ould have to meet to compete.

The same would apply for Morristown West. But you do what you want to do and make claims as you would like as to where you stand in a Division but it only brings up questions as to who you are playing and where would a fan go to see you play against comparable competition. It makes no difference to me.

Since i cant get to vote on the top 10 for some reason, i will post my AAA TOP 10. This was very hard as AAA is loaded this year and had alot of quality teams with quality wins. I went to each teams home page, compared schedules, scores, home and away wins/losses and came up with the best top 10 i can come up with. :thumb:

Class AAA Top 10 -as of 12/22/09

1. Morristown West (10-0)

2. LaVergne (11-0)

3. Walker Valley (12-1)

4. Memphis Central (6-3)

5. Cleveland (10-1)

6. Blackman (9-0)

7. Riverdale (8-2)

8. Clarksville (11-0)

9. MILLINGTON (12-1)

10.Lawrence County (11-1)

There are several other teams that are in need of recognition: Mt Juliet, Mem Overton, Jax Northside, Siegel, and Oak Ridge. So tough to leave these teams out of the top 10. Things should get more clear as we get into heavy district play.

GO MILLINGTON LADY TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

MCHS, I hope that CT will put the poll voting back up and fans would have aq chance to vote for 10 again maybe the second or third week in January. The extra schools you put on there will be valuable as some schools came on a little late. While a little controversial, the first poll was to develop a prospective list. the second poll will have more detail. Your thoughts are valuable.

Great to see some of the best of Tennessee step into the national limelight--Congrats to Memphis Central who did the state proud taking on some the nations elite in Arizona--They will be much better for the experience come tourney time

Looking at the schedules-and wins and losses--this would be my guess of the best in AAA

I would have to go with Memphis Central--Their losses have been to elite teams--and hung around to the end for one of the best teams in California and Pennsylvania-beat Riverdale Baptist (MD) after an early loss to the same team-Beat an excellent Potter's House Christian (Jacksonville, FL) (71-70), and Riverdale

Morristown West-Beat South Greene but soft schedule keeps them out of the top spot--Get their chance to take over #1 next week when they play top seeded and nationally ranked Oak Ridge (CA) in their opening game of the TOC- have crushed everyone they have played

Riverdale--played Memphis close and beat Mount Juliet

Blackman-Beat Lawrence County and Wilson Central Jackson County

Mount Juliet-Only close loss to Riverdale

Clarksville--Soft schedule holding them back

Ridgeway-Beat Campbell-Lutheran East and loss to a good Horn Lake (MS)

Lawrence County-Beat Smyrna-Livingston Academy and had a 1 point loss to Blackman

Millington Central-Beat White Station lost to a good Parkview (MS)

Smyrna-Only loss to Lawrence County

Lots of other potentials especially Oak Ridge who are coming on strong after an early stumble