LaVergne's Hester resigns

graider1976

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i were sonny and rod i wouldnt have went 2 lavergne neither heres a couple of reasons why, 1.two champ rings 2. family ties to smyrna 3. better coaches, would rod be at tn? would sonny b at vandy? 4. stadium is a dump 5. lavergne has a metro school atmosphere

Your spelling and grammar also have a metro school atmosphere.

Can a person even win there?

Yes, they can now that their best atheletes are NOT going to Smyrna. Remember the Sonny and Rod duo that propelled Smyrna to back to back state championships? They were BOTH zoned LaVergne![/quote/]

if i were sonny and rod i wouldnt have went 2 lavergne neither heres a couple of reasons why, 1.two champ rings 2. family ties to smyrna 3. better coaches, would rod be at tn? would sonny b at vandy? 4. stadium is a dump 5. lavergne has a metro school atmosphere

I love the whole sonny and rod argument that keeps coming up at various times here. When Sonny and Rod both started high school as freshmen, they both lived in Smyrna's school zone. According to TSSAA rules, all they care about is where a student lives when they start their high school athletic career. They do not have rules that affect if a student moves after they have already started school. I love that people want to use that as an excuse as to why Lavergne did not win the rings and smyrna did.

Lavergne can be very competitive. They do have the athletes to do well. I was a friend of Hester. I thought he was a good coach.

I love the whole sonny and rod argument that keeps coming up at various times here. When Sonny and Rod both started high school as freshmen, they both lived in Smyrna's school zone. According to TSSAA rules, all they care about is where a student lives when they start their high school athletic career. They do not have rules that affect if a student moves after they have already started school. I love that people want to use that as an excuse as to why Lavergne did not win the rings and smyrna did.

Lavergne can be very competitive. They do have the athletes to do well. I was a friend of Hester. I thought he was a good coach.

Pretty sure you are incorrect here bubba. TSSAA does have rules for eligibility for all four years not just where a kid starts high school.

If I recall correctly, St. John Woods (isn't that the area Sonny lived in?) was not rezoned from LHS to SHS until after his 10th grade year? By zone, he would have played his first 2 years at LHS and last two at SHS unless he requested to be grandfathered back into the LHS zone for his last two years.

I have no idea what street Rod lived on in whichever neighborhood, so can't add to that part of it.

The zones are what they are and have now been in place for a while, so LHS will have to man up and do the best they can with what they have coming up which looks very promising especially in basketball. The new incoming principal at LHS has a sports background. I think they will compete favorably in every sport in the upcoming years. B)

AllAbouttheO, OH has been ripped off many a time in the zone exempt wars. Glad you got your son's taken care of. Had it been Blackman zone that you moved into, I have a feeling you wouldn't have been able to get the exempt though.

Is the new principal in house yet?

2P, The Principal asked my son why would he want to stay at Oakland....he replied "to play football". The next season, Championship Ring!!!