3) South Greene

4) McMinn Central

5) Upperman

6) Cannon Co.

7) CPA

8) Livingston Academy

9) Obion Co.

10) Bolivar Central

I agree with most of this but I dont get why you would put Upperman above Livingston Academy? LA over the past several years has beat Upperman in the District and regional tournaments. On top of that Upperman has lost most of there best players due to graduation. LA lost a couple but had players on the bench to take over for them. I could see another LA vs. Gibson state title game happening this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston over Upperman was one sided until LA beat them in the Region Final last year. Now I believe the tables have turned. NO way Upperman is above Cannon, IMO. I think in 8-AA it's LA/Cannon, then Upperman (sorry if you don't agree, it's not your obligation to.) Gibson and Westview are powers, and I expect them to be in the Final Four, and would like to see them play each other then. I believe 8-AA will have a team in the Final Four as well, maybe two if the chips fall right.

Livingston over Upperman was one sided until LA beat them in the Region Final last year. Now I believe the tables have turned. NO way Upperman is above Cannon, IMO. I think in 8-AA it's LA/Cannon, then Upperman (sorry if you don't agree, it's not your obligation to.) Gibson and Westview are powers, and I expect them to be in the Final Four, and would like to see them play each other then. I believe 8-AA will have a team in the Final Four as well, maybe two if the chips fall right.

I won't argue about that. You're more familiar with the Upper Cumberland than I am. I just haven't seen Cannon Co. play this year and they haven't been a powerhouse over these last couple of years. Congrats to Cannon Co. on their success thus far!!!

As are you with West Tennessee. Good information all the time.

If Gibson Co. and Westview ORRRR Obion Co. are to play each other in the state tournaments, it'd be for a state championship. Teams from same district are put in opposite brackets. To be honest, it's a very good possibility that this could happen this year and that's no disrespect to the other teams.

There is a chance that Bolivar may finish 4th in 14AA as they have done dropped a district game to Lexington. I don't know how long Minter is out but I remember reading in her article about sigining with UTM that she tore her ACL this offseason. However, Bolivar has regining district MVP Kendra Williams( believe that's her last name) and she may be able carry the team herself but I don't see them winning the district without Minter. Liberty beat McNairy by 3 tonight. It was back and forth all game and McNairy didn't shoot well. Liberty probably would say the same. I heard Liberty had two 6'2 Post players, is this true? I only saw one tonight and I was just wondering if that was a rumor that I heard. They announced tonight that McNairy will play Obion CO in McNairy's Christmas Classic. I'm looking forward to seeing Obion and seeing how we match up with them.

I had heard that Minter had tore her ACL once again on the opposite leg that she tore last time. If Minter can get healthy and get back on the court, Bolivar is a very dangerous team.

As for the Obion Co. and McNairy game, they played each other in the Westview playday at the Elam Center at UTM. I believe OC won the game, but it was very close. McNairy played very hard on the defensive side of the ball. They're extremely well coached too. I think OC will win that game, but wouldn't be surprised if it stays close.

I agree with king21 8AA should be well repersented in the state tourny. I think Livingston had an off night when Cannon beat them. And even with a off night kept it fairly close. Livingston has made appearences in the State tournement off and over the past 10 years and should be back this year. Cannon Co. isnt known for there basketball teams but i think that could change this year. By tourny time they should be a major contender. And like Livingston, Upperman should be vieing for one of the spots in the tournement eventho they have lost several of there best players due to graduation. Its great to see when these polls come out that three out of the six teams in your district are considered in the top ten of the state. As for the west Tn teams I think that Gibson Co. will prolly be the team to beat in the State tournement this year and very well could be bring home another gold ball.

I agree with king21 8AA should be well repersented in the state tourny. I think Livingston had an off night when Cannon beat them. And even with a off night kept it fairly close. Livingston has made appearences in the State tournement off and over the past 10 years and should be back this year. Cannon Co. isnt known for there basketball teams but i think that could change this year. By tourny time they should be a major contender. And like Livingston, Upperman should be vieing for one of the spots in the tournement eventho they have lost several of there best players due to graduation. Its great to see when these polls come out that three out of the six teams in your district are considered in the top ten of the state. As for the west Tn teams I think that Gibson Co. will prolly be the team to beat in the State tournement this year and very well could be bring home another gold ball.

Cannon Co. actually was a basketball powerhouse in the late 80's and early 90's. They were in the state tournament year in and year out. And Cannon Co's boys dominated the district in the late 90's and early 2000's. There girls have had back-to-back 20 + win seasons and are playing very-well this year. LA, Cannon, and Upperman are all very good teams and are all very well coached and they will continue to make 8-AA the toughest district in the state IMO

Cannon Co. actually was a basketball powerhouse in the late 80's and early 90's. They were in the state tournament year in and year out. And Cannon Co's boys dominated the district in the late 90's and early 2000's. There girls have had back-to-back 20 + win seasons and are playing very-well this year. LA, Cannon, and Upperman are all very good teams and are all very well coached and they will continue to make 8-AA the toughest district in the state IMO

wildcat...i remember Julie Powell and those teams she played on. IMO she knocked our coach out of Miss Basketball! Cannon was a force then and they are IMO a force this year. Coming to LA and beating them on the road is a statement game. LA needs to return the favor when they travel to Woodbury. :thumb: Upperman has me thinking about them some...they are being quiet (where you at luvshoops?) and sounds like they are playing good ball. Definately a 3 horse race in 8-AA which any of the 3 would rep us well in the boro. But lets play it out first and see who gets there.