Top AA teams in the state....

GCPioneer

Hoops...enjoy!! Just been quiet over at the UHS camp. Sounds like yall are playing good ball. See ya soon. Merry Christmas!

redbird...its been done before and I am sure it can be again. :lol:

Big D hope you're doing good!! As for it being quiet over here.. I learned a long time ago that I don't like the taste of crow :roflol:

Redbird I would say the odds are pretty dang good that you'll get your wish :lol:

Big D hope your Texas days are over and you and family have the best Christmas ever!!!

Good Luck to All !!!!!!

GO BEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with king21 8AA should be well repersented in the state tourny. I think Livingston had an off night when Cannon beat them. And even with a off night kept it fairly close. Livingston has made appearences in the State tournement off and over the past 10 years and should be back this year. Cannon Co. isnt known for there basketball teams but i think that could change this year. By tourny time they should be a major contender. And like Livingston, Upperman should be vieing for one of the spots in the tournement eventho they have lost several of there best players due to graduation. Its great to see when these polls come out that three out of the six teams in your district are considered in the top ten of the state. As for the west Tn teams I think that Gibson Co. will prolly be the team to beat in the State tournement this year and very well could be bring home another gold ball.

Cannon Co. actually was a basketball powerhouse in the late 80's and early 90's. They were in the state tournament year in and year out. And Cannon Co's boys dominated the district in the late 90's and early 2000's. There girls have had back-to-back 20 + win seasons and are playing very-well this year. LA, Cannon, and Upperman are all very good teams and are all very well coached and they will continue to make 8-AA the toughest district in the state IMO

I didnt know that. Did they ever win a state title? Both of their teams are playing really well this year. I just hope that we can repay the favor to the girls team when we go there to play. Looks like its shaping up to be a very good rest of the season the district could go three diffrent ways.

Heres a question to the Gibson Co people? Is the district yall play in very competive? I still remember your record last year 35-0 is a impressive record and if i remember right your still undefeated this season? I know when it comes time for state you have to play the best but i was just wondering about local teams you play?

Yes LA- Gibson Co. is in a very competitive district in 13AA which has changed a little bit this season due to the reclassification. Dyer Co. moved up to 3A but three teams have moved in Covington, Ripley and Haywood. Also holdovers Westview who you folks are familair with- made it to the state semifinals last season and have virtually everyone back. Obion Co. Central which also has most of their team back and a new head coach who spent the last five years as an assistant at Westview with head coaching experience before that at Dyer and Crockett co. OC also has a Miss Basketball Finalist from last year in Chassidy Fussell who has signed with the University of Texas. other teams include Milan who were state runner-up in 2008, Crockett Co., and Dyersburg .. A 9 team district this season. But yes GC is still the favorites with already taking double digit wins over both Westview and Obion Co.

The Lady Pioneers had three Div.1 players who have signed with former head coach Kevin McMillan who is now coaching the Women's program at UT-Martin. Milan has a post player that also signed with UTM.

Yes- it's very competitive and the 13AA tourney is usually the biggest draw state-wide. Also they usually place two teams in the state Tourney so they've definately been battle tested.

I would say the district LA is in with those teams and 13AA are the two toughest in the state..

Westview still has a very quality team and will be there when the bell rings at tourney time. I wouldn't count them out. Yes, Milan is not as good as the team from a couple of years ago and is reeling right now with Perica Glenn out with injury but still play well.

I still say at minimum(at least) 3 teams from 13AA will be in the Region 7AA semfinals which will take place at Omen Arena in Jackson this Feb.

Anything can happen, but until someone proves me different- GC is still head and shoulders above the rest :roflol:

Milan wouldnt make it out of 14A this year. Westview still has the same team and they will get on track before tournament time. Obion will go as far as Fuzzell takes them. Gibson County will probably go undefeated again this year because they are that good. If 13AA was as good as two years ago then someone possibly could beat Gibson County this year but the Milans, Dyersburgs, Ripleys, Covingtons, and most of 13AA will lose to Gibson County by 30 or more in their games.

Gibson County wont be tested except by two teams on their schedule.

Milan wouldnt make it out of 14A this year. Westview still has the same team and they will get on track before tournament time. Obion will go as far as Fuzzell takes them. Gibson County will probably go undefeated again this year because they are that good. If 13AA was as good as two years ago then someone possibly could beat Gibson County this year but the Milans, Dyersburgs, Ripleys, Covingtons, and most of 13AA will lose to Gibson County by 30 or more in their games.

Gibson County wont be tested except by two teams on their schedule.

You failed to mention Haywood. They are very talented and athletic. They played Gibson Co. pretty tough a couple of weeks ago with GC only leading by 11 at halftime.

As for Milan, they would make it out of District 14A easily as long as Perica Glenn would be on the floor for them. She alone would dominate any post player in District 14A. They also have Kasha Brooks as well who is a decent player. That's a disrespecting statement towards Milan that ya made, but it's your opinion.

I agree about Dyersburg, Ripley, and Covington.... but since when has Ripley and Covington ever really been a force in girls basketball?

My friend GC, reading all of this does not change the fact that you are competing against yourselves who each of you know vividly in any dark gym. You asked what tournament you could have gone to and just look at the Mid Tenn just listed and tell me if any one of you would have b een better in that Tournament. I don't believe anyone will come out of that food fight unscaved but there are all great schools in that tournament. I can assure you almost every game GC would be challenged and two out of three State Championship final participants will be in this Tournamemt. You don't have to go outside the State to prove anything. Current thinking with a lot of schools is they don't have to play good State Competition and get small blemishes on their record. Play who they know who they know every move is going to be made. Makes one wonder not about the players because that is a given. No disagrement. Players need someone on the bench to direct the concert and that may be the reason to duck the good tournaments.

My friend GC, reading all of this does not change the fact that you are competing against yourselves who each of you know vividly in any dark gym. You asked what tournament you could have gone to and just look at the Mid Tenn just listed and tell me if any one of you would have b een better in that Tournament. I don't believe anyone will come out of that food fight unscaved but there are all great schools in that tournament. I can assure you almost every game GC would be challenged and two out of three State Championship final participants will be in this Tournamemt. You don't have to go outside the State to prove anything. Current thinking with a lot of schools is they don't have to play good State Competition and get small blemishes on their record. Play who they know who they know every move is going to be made. Makes one wonder not about the players because that is a given. No disagrement. Players need someone on the bench to direct the concert and that may be the reason to duck the good tournaments.

So, you're moreless telling me that Gibson Co. stacks their schedule with easy teams just to have a 35-0 season? That's ridiculous. GC didn't have a game within 20 points in the last 14 games of the season last year. They beat every team they played in the state tournaments by atleast 20 points last year! Is that not enough to prove to you and others that Gibson Co. was absolutely the best team in AA girls basketball team in Tennessee last year? We may not even be the best in AA this year (nothing has been proven yet) and you guys are telling us to go out and play against top teams in the nation while we start 3 Seniors and 2 Sophomores with a Sophomore and 2 Freshman coming off the bench?

GCPioneer quote: You failed to mention Haywood. They are very talented and athletic. They played Gibson Co. pretty tough a couple of weeks ago with GC only leading by 11 at halftime. What was the final score? 30 or was it more?

As for Milan, they would make it out of District 14A easily as long as Perica Glenn would be on the floor for them. She alone would dominate any post player in District 14A. They also have Kasha Brooks as well who is a decent player. That's a disrespecting statement towards Milan that ya made, but it's your opinion. West Carroll even killed Milan. I watched Gleason beat Milan by 20 and Perica was a nonfactor. I've seen Milan 3 or 4 times and they are not competitive this year. Milan would fight for the #4 spot in 14A.

I agree about Dyersburg, Ripley, and Covington.... but since when has Ripley and Covington ever really been a force in girls basketball? Gibson County does not play a tough schedule, you know better than that. Two teams on Gibson County's schedule have a chance at a win this season. Lets just let the season play out, we all know how good Gibson County is.