Cody Robinson - Warren County High School

fbc98

utchkd i have no problems with you. I will be the first to admit i sit and second guess somethings that are done,but i do it at college games and pro games, thats whats fun. but i will ask the coaches why they done this or that. But i feel it is like voting if you don't vote don't complain. if you don't won't to try and help the program don't complain. i know when i goto a booster club meeting people are scarce,fundraisers the same way,painting the field we just about have to beg to get help. so now that i expressed my thoughts. maybe the next booster club meeting FEBURARY 9 2010 at 630 will be jampacked with people and the ideas on how they personally can help :popcorneater:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's move forward!

This thread was started to show that there is a special young man and football player in WC Cody Robinson. I know he will go to the next level and has worked his butt off and loves the game! His totals for weightlifting was posted on the first page post #3 by me. His highlights have been posted and he is coachable, despite what anybody says. The problem is his Dad played for some of the best and has raised him to be a hard worker and taught him alot about football and what it takes to get to the next level and some people can't deal with it or know how to harness his ability.

utchucked, bburch didn't make the statement about "I guess they are making up for last time". I agree that was uncalled for. The last coaching staff gave it a shot and left things better than when they got it. Anyone who watches sports has something to say about coaching in all sports. They have done it too and they all are fine men! I couldn't believe we kept pooch kicking at the end of the game against Rhea Co. with a small lead and it kept going out of bounds and they got it on our 30 and we lost because they took it in. Our special teams all year killed us, especialy against Cookeville, but that's my prespective and maybe we learned from it!

We've got a new coach comming in and we all need to welcome him and staff and move forward!

But how many players do you currently have playing at the next level?

Is that the criteria now? Ok ya got me, I only have one playing college ball. And I'll be the first to admit it's more because of his ability and work ethic than my coaching.

bburch- You know I have no problem with legitimate criticism, but blanket statements like:

I guess they are trying to make up for last time.

that totally dismiss the effort and accomplishments of a lot of guys gets to me. Maybe the last group didn't get it to the level people would like it and I KNOW they weren't happy with 4 win seasons, but they got it out of the ditch when nobody else wanted it. So maybe it's time for someone new to try and bring it up another notch, I've got no problem with that, but 'fans' shouldn't sit there and #### about the last group just because they didn't win the region. (Btw, I know you didn't make those statements, was letting you know where I was coming from)

Nitro we think alike on a lot of things.

In My opinion the criteria is winning and developing players giving them the opportunity to play at the next level. ( I know all are not D1 athletes.) WC should have several guys playing in some division of college football. I have seen talent at Warren Co. the last few years and their names are not getting out. I want to ask you a question as a coach. How did you develop them over 4 years? Did you ever sell these guys or publicize them. Did you ever send tape, call coaches, or e-mail them?

On the winning games thing I have a quote for you. “Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only ONE thing -the result” Vince Lombardi

I do not live in WC. However I do believe lots of school neglect to help their players.

As far as winning and loosing goes, say you are a school teacher and you have ten students and six fail and must retake your class then you are not successfull at what you do. If you make products and out of ten six are broken you are not very good at what you do. In our jobs we have standards. Why should'nt our football coaches. A 4-6, 5-5 season is not acceptable. I am not bashing WC or any coaches there. I am simply trying to state the facts.

utchuckd How Many coaches are remembered or considered great with 5 straight 4-6 records? NONE My biggest complaint with WC is that the coaches hang their hats on going 4-6 five years in a years in a row and making 4 straight play-offs and being a tune up for the # 1 ranked team.

IMO the difference in a contender and a pretender is the extra work put in. I don't believe our coaches stayed late and watched any film or made preporations to win, however neither did most of the players. Everyone must be 100% commited from the Coaches to the janitor that cleans the lockeroom. Everyone must buy into the strategy set by the coaches likewise our coaches must sell it.

I agree with WCsports we don't help our players. We dont help them fulfill their fullest potential. I am glad WC finally has a noteworthy recruit. I think him going to play willl help open doors for many other kids in Warren County.

The past is history. A new erra of WC football is about to open. IMO WC football future is very bright. I am very excited about the upcoming season. GO PIONEERS!!

I really hate to wade in here but I am lucky in that I had a son playing for R'dale at the same time as his sisters boyfriend was going to WC. BOTH were playing football. The difference in their prep and practice was like night and day.

Another example was the 'clones' total for his lifting as a JUNIOR. His total for the same three lifts as above was OVER 1400 and this from a player 6' tall and 235-240 weight.

WC you CAN be great, but somebody has to set the bar HIGHER there for the boys to shoot for. In this I think Cody is doing his part, but what about his team mates? One super kid does not make a team.

BTW the clones totals were when he was training for four years under Coach Britton! He would have done the same at FC but they ran him off with LIES! That is something Coach Britton will NOT tolerate.

Reguardless, Good Luck this up coming year. :x

One thing I'm not gonna do it get on there and debate specific job descriptions and who did what. I had my role in recruiting, as did others, but I'm not going to air it out publicly for somebody who has no accountability. Some of you believe the coaches didn't work hard enough or didn't emphasize what you wanted emphasized, and, follow me here, THAT'S FINE. I told bburch I have no problem with criticism, IT IS PART OF THE JOB. Although, imo, I think you believe wrong. But my opinion is clearly as biased as yours.

AFA record, who's hanging their hat on 4 and 5 win seasons and claiming greatness? How many of those seasons is the limit? 1? 3? Is it win 7 a year or you suck? 8? How much do you consider the surrounding circumstances? 5 years ago a 4 win season was considered pretty darn good, we have the warped goal posts to prove it. So when you're pulling a program out of a 39 game skid, how many years do you get before you should be winning 7-8-9 games? 2? 4? I don't think anybody is happy with 4-5 win seasons, and I can guarantee you those coaches hate it a lot worse than you do.

Ok someone help me out here. Did the WC coaches quit or where they fired?

utchuckd I understand about building up a program. It is not built in day. It is a process. After hearing about Cody. I have called around and managed to get 8 out of 10 game films from last year. In 4 out of the 8. You guys were in a place to win and some poor coaching decisions cost ya the games. I believe that is the major issue here. I cant speak for the workouts or anything because I dont know how they were.

Ok, I have broken my promise, but I cant hear any more with making a comment. Fans of WC, your athletes and the ones in Rutherford County are NOT the same in football and basketball. I dont care if you are in the weight room until midnight and on the practice field 6 hours a day.

You are "somewhat" thriving in 6AAA, but if you were in with Rutherford County schools you d have a goose egg on district wins. They are nice young men and women that will be great people in life but they dont compare athletically. Did you not learn that the last 8 years?

Terrence Martin was an awesome athlete in high school, but look where is he going. NOT AN SEC, ACC or Big name school. But you know what, thats ok but its a means to an end. He is getting his college PAID for. Terrence will not play in the NFL, but his degree will open lots of doors.

Cody will have the same opportunities, but lets NOT get on here and blow this young man up so big that when he gets a great offer from a smaller school to play ball and GET HIS DEGREE; that he thinks hes a failure because he couldnt finish the deal and land an SEC ride.

Good grief, guys schedule some winnable games in 2011 and make a run for the district/region in these sports and support the coach and quit stabbing him in the back. You have a great school and some great kids there be happy with the best they can give while realizing your limits.

Ok, I have broken my promise, but I cant hear any more with making a comment. Fans of WC, your athletes and the ones in Rutherford County are NOT the same in football and basketball. I dont care if you are in the weight room until midnight and on the practice field 6 hours a day.

You are "somewhat" thriving in 6AAA, but if you were in with Rutherford County schools you d have a goose egg on district wins. They are nice young men and women that will be great people in life but they dont compare athletically. Did you not learn that the last 8 years?

Terrence Martin was an awesome athlete in high school, but look where is he going. NOT AN SEC, ACC or Big name school. But you know what, thats ok but its a means to an end. He is getting his college PAID for. Terrence will not play in the NFL, but his degree will open lots of doors.

Cody will have the same opportunities, but lets NOT get on here and blow this young man up so big that when he gets a great offer from a smaller school to play ball and GET HIS DEGREE; that he thinks hes a failure because he couldnt finish the deal and land an SEC ride.

Good grief, guys schedule some winnable games in 2011 and make a run for the district/region in these sports and support the coach and quit stabbing him in the back. You have a great school and some great kids there be happy with the best they can give while realizing your limits.

Ateam I believed they were ENCOURAGED to quit. Big Money which team do you support on previous post it was Coffee County now it is M-Burro schools? Who is to say Terrence and Cody wont both be playing in the NFL possibly on the same team. I dont think I understand you. Do you not want kids to have goals? I give props to kids who are willing to stand up and say I am going to do this this and this and do everything in my power to get there. I think most of WC would take Cody over ANY M Burro player. I grant you position to position we could not compete with some schools but I know Cody could. About the scheduale I think we will see a lot of improvement this year.

They were not encouraged to quit. They were asked by the current AD to stay. They were tired of the putting up with parents that thought they knew more than the coaches. Running the wrong offense, running the wrong defense, not playing this kid, playing that kid, why's my son not playing.

But why are we talking about the former coaches? We need to worry about the new coach and how we can support him and learn from the past and do a better job this time.

I just saw this thread and clicked to see what it was about. It appears to no longer be about the young man for which it was named, however. I watched the YouTube clips and they really look great. He looks like he has exceptional strength, especially in his hands, and I'd say at least adequate feet to play at the D1 level. I really like him as on offensive lineman and he looks like he finishes blocks well, keeps his feet and plays with great balance. There are so many factors that go into recruiting but I dont see any reason why his play on the field wouldn't be good enough for the top level, be it Sun Belt or SEC. Props to the kid, looks like he's worked hard.