Cody Robinson - Warren County High School

fbc98

Ok, I have broken my promise, but I cant hear any more with making a comment. Fans of WC, your athletes and the ones in Rutherford County are NOT the same in football and basketball. I dont care if you are in the weight room until midnight and on the practice field 6 hours a day.

You are "somewhat" thriving in 6AAA, but if you were in with Rutherford County schools you d have a goose egg on district wins. They are nice young men and women that will be great people in life but they dont compare athletically. Did you not learn that the last 8 years?

Terrence Martin was an awesome athlete in high school, but look where is he going. NOT AN SEC, ACC or Big name school. But you know what, thats ok but its a means to an end. He is getting his college PAID for. Terrence will not play in the NFL, but his degree will open lots of doors.

Cody will have the same opportunities, but lets NOT get on here and blow this young man up so big that when he gets a great offer from a smaller school to play ball and GET HIS DEGREE; that he thinks hes a failure because he couldnt finish the deal and land an SEC ride.

Good grief, guys schedule some winnable games in 2011 and make a run for the district/region in these sports and support the coach and quit stabbing him in the back. You have a great school and some great kids there be happy with the best they can give while realizing your limits.

I agree with a few things in your post, but to say we are not in the same league as the M-Boro teams has a little misconception to it. Two seasons ago, Oakland won the 5A State Championship and we played them a pretty good game and scored more points than any team they faced in the playoffs. This year's seniors beat Riverdale by 28 points and lost 14-0 to Blackman as freshmen. For years in the 70's, 80's and 90's we held our own against Riverdale and Oakland. Your right we haven't done so well as of the last several years, but Warren Co. can be competitive again. Just because we are a rural county school doesn't mean we can't compete with big city schools. Heck South Pittsburgh, Giles Co. Smith Co. etc. has good football programs. We have just got to revamp the whole program from the youth league up and instill some hard work and dedication in our kids and everybody roll up thier sleeves and help!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have broken my promise, but I cant hear any more with making a comment. Fans of WC, your athletes and the ones in Rutherford County are NOT the same in football and basketball. I dont care if you are in the weight room until midnight and on the practice field 6 hours a day.

You are "somewhat" thriving in 6AAA, but if you were in with Rutherford County schools you d have a goose egg on district wins. They are nice young men and women that will be great people in life but they dont compare athletically. Did you not learn that the last 8 years?

Terrence Martin was an awesome athlete in high school, but look where is he going. NOT AN SEC, ACC or Big name school. But you know what, thats ok but its a means to an end. He is getting his college PAID for. Terrence will not play in the NFL, but his degree will open lots of doors.

Cody will have the same opportunities, but lets NOT get on here and blow this young man up so big that when he gets a great offer from a smaller school to play ball and GET HIS DEGREE; that he thinks hes a failure because he couldnt finish the deal and land an SEC ride.

Good grief, guys schedule some winnable games in 2011 and make a run for the district/region in these sports and support the coach and quit stabbing him in the back. You have a great school and some great kids there be happy with the best they can give while realizing your limits.

Just watched this kids tapes he looks like a great player. After reading the other post he seems like he has everything else going to.

I dont think him playing D1 is the question here. He will have plenty D1 offers. Where he will play is the question. I would to see him at UT playing guard beside Aaron Douglas at tackle. I think they would be a great pair. Big money have you been around D1 players before?

I have been reading this site and its stupid to say cody is uncoachable.

We are all coachable or we wouldn't kill ourselves in 100 degree weather and run up mountains at 7 in the morning. Most of us play football because we love it.We don't need a fancy weight room to win it doesn't have anything to do with it. Cody loves it and lives it every day all year round. He is the best 17 yr old I have ever seen. If every player had his additude we would be undefeated.The guy is a beast!We have a lot of starting seniors coming back this year and we have talk a few guys into playing with us again.The juniors and sophomores coming up have talent to.We have a QB that has an arm and I hope he gets to use it a lot.

We have a lot of recievers with speed and good hands. Caleb and Robert can read the holes.If we get our special teams and defence worked out we should give the fans something to cheer about.Cody is one of my best friends and he can and will play in college.

The team our new coach is getting are all friends and brothers. Madewell was a great guy and have respect for him but he isn't the coach anymore so stop acting like a bunch of girls and lay off :lol: . Can't wait to get started.

Lost Old Dad the class of 2011 Pioneers did beat Riverdale 49-21 as freshmen. They also beat White Co., Soddy Daisy, Coffee Co., Shelbyville, Franklin Co., but lost to Siegel in the Lion's Bowl.

Also, great post nothingbutsports! You guys come together and commit to being the best team you can be and we will be cheering you on every step of the way! Go Pioneers!

Just watched this kids tapes he looks like a great player. After reading the other post he seems like he has everything else going to.

I dont think him playing D1 is the question here. He will have plenty D1 offers. Where he will play is the question. I would to see him at UT playing guard beside Aaron Douglas at tackle. I think they would be a great pair. Big money have you been around D1 players before?

I think they would be a good combo. It will be interesting were he decides to go.