5. Gleason Bulldogs (13-1)

6. Lexington Tigers (10-3)

7. Bolivar Tigers (9-2)

8. Greenfield Yellowjackets (12-2)

9. Bradford Red Devils (10-4)

10. Scotts Hill Lions (11-2)

11. McNairy Central Bobcats (8-5)

12. Liberty Crusaders (10-6)

The Jacksonsun did not put the records with them, I did, so if the record is wrong, I am sorry I only put what CoachT had on their schedule.

Here's my input:

I can promise you that Liberty is better than all of the Single A schools in front of them, with the exception of Middleton. Those Single A schools would not be able to match up with their guards and definately wouldn't matchup in the post. Liberty may have 6 losses, but look at who their losses are to.

With the teams they've put in the top 12, here's how I'd rank them. I'm not basing this off of record, but off of who they've played and who I know is better.

1) Gibson Co.

2) Jackson NS

3) Westview

4) Middleton

5) Bolivar

6) Liberty Tech

7) Gleason

8) Lexington

9) Greenfield

10) McNairy Central

11) Bradford

12) Scotts Hill

My question is.... where is Lake Co. in this?????

Here's my input:

I can promise you that Liberty is better than all of the Single A schools in front of them, with the exception of Middleton. Those Single A schools would not be able to match up with their guards and definately wouldn't matchup in the post. Liberty may have 6 losses, but look at who their losses are to.

With the teams they've put in the top 12, here's how I'd rank them. I'm not basing this off of record, but off of who they've played and who I know is better.

1) Gibson Co.

2) Jackson NS

3) Westview

4) Middleton

5) Bolivar

6) Liberty Tech

7) Gleason

8) Lexington

9) Greenfield

10) McNairy Central

11) Bradford

12) Scotts Hill

Not only Lake Co but where is Obion Co.

I don't think they are in the poll because they are not in the Jackson Sun circulation according to the counties covered in the bottom of the article. I don't understand that because they covered the counties in football. Also, I don't think the poll is who they believe are the best from 1 to 12 but more like the College Top 25 Basketball poll.

I would rank the 12 teams as follow:

1. Gibson CO

2. Jackson NS

3. WEstview

4. Middleton

5. Bolivar

6. Liberty

7. McNairy

8. Gleason

9. Greenfield

10. Bradford

11. Lexington

12. Scotts Hill

I don't think they are in the poll because they are not in the Jackson Sun circulation according to the counties covered in the bottom of the article. I don't understand that because they covered the counties in football. Also, I don't think the poll is who they believe are the best from 1 to 12 but more like the College Top 25 Basketball poll.

I would rank the 12 teams as follow:

1. Gibson CO

2. Jackson NS

3. WEstview

4. Middleton

5. Bolivar

6. Liberty

7. McNairy

8. Gleason

9. Greenfield

10. Bradford

11. Lexington

12. Scotts Hill

You guys likely are the ones in the know. What area should Obion and Lake be in? Not jackson, not memphis so they have got to be put somewhere, not Kentucky, not Missouri. You can;t put them on a barge and float them down the Mississippi. My thought is they need to be in the Jackson polls and the paper at jackson needs to annex the two counties for sports polls.

According to a highly placed source at the newspaper, they do not sell enough papers in Obion & Lake counties to consider them within their "coverage area." I noticed that Dyer & Lauderdale counties are also not included which caused Dyer County & Ripley boys to be left out of their boys dirty dozen. Guess it's just a coincidence that Obion & Dyer Counties both have daily newspapers with Lake & Lauderdale bordering those counties.

Guess I'm going to have to find the time to do my West Tenn. Rural Top 10 again. I always include all teams outside Shelby County, even if our radio signal doesn't reach there!

Here's my input:

1) Gibson Co.

2) Jackson NS

3) Westview

4) Middleton

5) Bolivar

6) Liberty Tech

7) Gleason

8) Lexington

9) Greenfield

10) McNairy Central

11) Bradford

12) Scotts Hill

I like your poll and if Lake Co were eligible I'd put them behind Liberty who beat Lake Co by 5..Not sure about Middleton..I just don't see any top teams that they have played..Humboldt led them the whole game at Middleton and lost in the final minutes..They have played a few team that Lake Co has played,although the teams werent strong..I believe J.C.M. and maybe Brighton..Cant remember for sure about Brighton..Middleton beat J.C.M. twice ,once about 45-25 or something like that..Lake Co only played their starters for 1 quarter against J.C.M. and won about 79-20 something..Could have scored a hundred points had they left the starters in.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated Dirty Dozen- 1/25/10

1. Gibson County Pioneers (20-0)

2. North Side Lady Indians (17-1)

3. Middleton Tigers (18-0)

4. Westview Chargers (16-4)

5. Liberty Crusaders (14-7)

6. Greenfield Yellowjackets (17-3)

7. Scotts Hill Lions (18-2)

8. Gleason Bulldogs (17-2)

9. Dresden Lions (13-6)

10. McNairy Central Bobcats (15-6)