STATE TOURNAMENT!!!!

Ballerrrr32

Won't happen icecold. We've had to hear midtennsportsfan for three years talk about how much they would dominate everything this region could throw at them. Now that the Lady Patriots absolutely handed it to RBS tonight, I'm not sure we'll hear anything at all. BTW, I'm curious as to how the RBS fans will act Monday night. Not very classy tonight at all.

Ok I was wrong about RBS they laid a big egg!!! I've been cleaning house all morning so let me do some house cleanin on CoachT. First of all rabbitboy shouldn't you be on the softball threads? I bet those mits are poppin right now!!! Secondly I hope an pray Jackson Co. draws CSAS in round one it will give us some practice on the rims before we play any real competition. As for the boys game I got CSAS winning by 25 :bored:

not trying to start an argument, this is a serious question. How did RBS play so close to Jackson Co. I wasnt impressed with RBS at all

Ice you won't get a straight answer out of midten he/she is delusional most of the time. To answer your question, RBS played a great game against us and against Clarkrange. We took the air out of it in the 4th quarter going up by as much as 9 or 11 i think and just holding the ball for the most part. The Colter girl played phenomenal but she's a good player so thats expected. I think CSAS just played a great game and if they play like that this week they will be a tough out. CSAS's coach has done what it takes to get better by coming up here in the season and playing these teams from the Upper Cumberland the past few years and my hats off to them. They've taken some beatings in the past in the substate but i'm betting they won't be so easy from now on. Not sure how they did against Marion co. in the region finals but we could have beaten that team by 80 or 90 points saturday night had we wanted to. It was 50 when the starters went out with 5+ minutes to go in the 3rd quarter but those girls from Marion Co. never quit hustling and thats how you get better. Everyone has to start out at the bottom and work your way up. There will be some great competition this year at the state tournament and those of us that live in the real world in Jackson Co. realize this. Hopefully that has answered your question and good luck to you and your teams!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ice you won't get a straight answer out of midten he/she is delusional most of the time. To answer your question, RBS played a great game against us and against Clarkrange. We took the air out of it in the 4th quarter going up by as much as 9 or 11 i think and just holding the ball for the most part. The Colter girl played phenomenal but she's a good player so thats expected. I think CSAS just played a great game and if they play like that this week they will be a tough out. CSAS's coach has done what it takes to get better by coming up here in the season and playing these teams from the Upper Cumberland the past few years and my hats off to them. They've taken some beatings in the past in the substate but i'm betting they won't be so easy from now on. Not sure how they did against Marion co. in the region finals but we could have beaten that team by 80 or 90 points saturday night had we wanted to. It was 50 when the starters went out with 5+ minutes to go in the 3rd quarter but those girls from Marion Co. never quit hustling and thats how you get better. Everyone has to start out at the bottom and work your way up. There will be some great competition this year at the state tournament and those of us that live in the real world in Jackson Co. realize this. Hopefully that has answered your question and good luck to you and your teams!

Does CSAS have any bigs?? I heard they play a 1-2-2 half court defense and like to set up a press the whole game. I have no clue if that is right or not. Can yall verify those coments?? I am just trying to figure out who Scotts Hill will be playing cause I have never heard of CSAS until this year.

Does CSAS have any bigs?? I heard they play a 1-2-2 half court defense and like to set up a press the whole game. I have no clue if that is right or not. Can yall verify those coments?? I am just trying to figure out who Scotts Hill will be playing cause I have never heard of CSAS until this year.

you must not follow boys basketball huh? lol CSAS' boys have been a force for a while. As an alumni Im not giving you any info on CSAS girls sorry lol

Understood CSAS our girls have only been good for a few years. they dont have the history that the boys have but Coach Martin has done a great job of building up this program

The first game Wednesday is at 10am is that central time? Please let me know

I think so since Murfreesboro is in the CST. That has to be confusing to the East TN people, though, with the hours difference. :bored:

It is confusing when local stations annonce them at those times without saying CST. But yes, that is CST. So we can expect to hear North Greene at 11:00 EST.

HAYWOOD You are so right about the teams from Greeneville and thank you for recognizing the MOUNT JULIET LADY BEARS. They was superb in the ladies classic and clearly was the BEST of the best that week. By the way anybody know anything about Morristown West dont hear much about them in middle tennessee

HAYWOOD You are so right about the teams from Greeneville and thank you for recognizing the MOUNT JULIET LADY BEARS. They was superb in the ladies classic and clearly was the BEST of the best that week. By the way anybody know anything about Morristown West dont hear much about them in middle tennessee

Thanks Champs. Morristown West is the real deal. They usually play in the Ladies Classic, but traveled to the West somewhere (I'm sure someone know's where, I just don't remember) where they received their only loss this year to a team from Texas. They usually destroy their opponents. With that said, I saw MJ play each game in Greeneville and I believe it would be a toss up.

Hahaha, I love it. Three teams from Greene County going to the ol' Boro. 1 in Single A 2 in Double A.(I'd kill to see the two in the final, seriously doubt that will happen though) and I gotta say if people underestimate them fighters from North Greene someone's gonna have some problems, Extremely quick they are. Greeneville is capable of beating anyone, given they play too their abilities. They're extremely well coached, tough (point guard Chandler Christopher had a fractured wrist, and wasn't even planning on dressing out for their Sub-State matchup against CAK but before the game began Coach Crumbley and her had a heart to heart and she dressed out with no intentions to play still. But she came in anyway and sank clutch One Handed free throws) and seriously under the radar seeing as how they dropped down from 3A last year. Imagine if that would've happened two years ago when Nicole Dickson was playing at her prime. However, They'll have to play if they want any chance of moving on. The same goes for South Greene, they're gonna have to mesh, and Shelby Hicks has got to be big on the glass. Brandi Crum has to bring the same intensity she brought to the Sub-State game against Austin East. Ansley Ricker, Maelynn Cutshaw, and Belmont Signee Rechelle Dye Have to bring their A game to pull off a few upsets. Either Way hoping for the best for all of the Greene County Teams. Bring that trophy home.

The way Clarkrange is playing now I'd say they'll beat Jackson Co. in their rematch by 15, will win the district, region and substate (always automatic with very weak Chattanooga teams) and will repeat as state champs. They were struggling early but now they look like last year's team.

Not this year, and really CSAS was some jitters away from making it last year. Next year Marion will be better after seeing what that big time atmosphere is like, and watch out for Silverdale.

Thanks Champs. Morristown West is the real deal. They usually play in the Ladies Classic, but traveled to the West somewhere (I'm sure someone know's where, I just don't remember) where they received their only loss this year to a team from Texas. They usually destroy their opponents. With that said, I saw MJ play each game in Greeneville and I believe it would be a toss up.[/quote

nice to hear that Haywood that they are evenly matched but we have to win our first two games to see. i hope we can this point in the game anything can happen. are you coming to the state