high school win streaks

bbb

Cameron Croy (Brentwood) has won 100 straight matches .. won four at last weekend's Brentwood tourney

David Vance at McCallie won his last 101 in a row.

anyone know of other wrestlers with a long win streak to end their high school career.

Jordan Leen had 216 (??) career wins but not sure how many in a row ... lost a dual his senior year to John Lane of Soddy Daisy

Philip Simpson would have had a long win streak ... lost to a Sequoyah ?? wrestler as a 9th or 10th grader at the McCallie Invite ... beat the same wrestler the next year.

Philip lost in state tourney in second round as an 8th grader then won 4x ...

who else ...?

thanks, b.b.b.

I believe Adrian Norfleet lost his last match as a feshman to Chattanooga Centrals Brent Pope who ended up being a state runner up his senior year losing to jason Villars by 3 in the finals. I do not think Norfleet lost again after that match his freshman year but Im not positive.

Adrian Norfleet didnt lose a match in the three years that he won the state championship. Thats when you really knew who the best kid in the state was without a doubt. He won the state title at 112, 119 and 125 for Whites Creek High School.

I believe Adrian Norfleet lost his last match as a feshman to Chattanooga Centrals Brent Pope who ended up being a state runner up his senior year losing to jason Villars by 3 in the finals. I do not think Norfleet lost again after that match his freshman year but Im not positive.

Adrian Norfleet didnt lose a match in the three years that he won the state championship. Thats when you really knew who the best kid in the state was without a doubt. He won the state title at 112, 119 and 125 for Whites Creek High School.

I believe he lost in the finals his freshman year at state and never lost another match. CoachMick would know for sure.

Daniel Crosby (275lbs) Greeneville High School won 110 straight matches. He lost in the semis as a sophomore won his next 2 to take 3rd in st. and never lost again in HS with 108 wins and 0 losses while winning states his Jr. and Sr. years for the total of 110 wins vs 0 losses.

Most amazing was that Daniel had never seen a wrestling mat until he came to GHS as Freshman.

Long win streaks just mean you need to travel more! :flower:

RMC aka MR Collins Hill I agree with you on this .

Watsons streak got helped a li bit with the fact he was injured and didnt get to wrestle when Baylor made the trip North a couple weeks ago. No way to know for sure, he is an outstanding wrestler and will go down as one of the best to ever wrestle in OUR STATE, but he would have been tested. Is he wrestling in the Slam this weekend,there will be some talent there from what I have read ?

Also the match up of TJ Duncan @ 152 with the traveling ATL kid will be a good one if they go at it.

Long win streaks just mean you need to travel more! :flower:

RMC aka MR Collins Hill I agree with you on this .

Watsons streak got helped a li bit with the fact he was injured and didnt get to wrestle when Baylor made the trip North a couple weeks ago. No way to know for sure, he is an outstanding wrestler and will go down as one of the best to ever wrestle in OUR STATE, but he would have been tested. Is he wrestling in the Slam this weekend,there will be some talent there from what I have read ?

Also the match up of TJ Duncan @ 152 with the traveling ATL kid will be a good one if they go at it.

I like TJ Duncan.....but Jason Luster is in another league.

When I read this thread our TJ Mitchell came to mind. He's lost 1 time to a Georgia wrestler in the last 10 years. He's 200 - 9.......his other losses have come in Kansas City, The Clash, and PowerAde in Pa. Heck his freshman year, when he didn't travel outside of Georgia, he was unscored upon.

Makes a big difference when you add those out of state guys to the mix.

I like Watson too and he may be the best the ever from Tennessee. I really hated to see him get injured.

I believe he lost in the finals his freshman year at state and never lost another match. CoachMick would know for sure.

Adrian did not make it to the finals his freshman year. He did not qualify for the state his freshman year. Actually as a sophamore he lost in the district finals to Jonathan Gobbell and then beat him in the finals of the region. Adrian was untouched in TSSAA after that.

Daniel Crosby (275lbs) Greeneville High School won 110 straight matches. He lost in the semis as a sophomore won his next 2 to take 3rd in st. and never lost again in HS with 108 wins and 0 losses while winning states his Jr. and Sr. years for the total of 110 wins vs 0 losses.

Most amazing was that Daniel had never seen a wrestling mat until he came to GHS as Freshman.

So who stands where Crosby, Quillen, Cave? Who would beat whom???