Stacy Carter new Science Hill Football Coach

NETFan

For crying out loud it is high school football!!!! Not honor, not death, not going down with the ship, not confederate soldiers choosing death over dishonor, etc.etc.etc. Terribly rediculous post. "HELLO, McFly" it is high school football. One might ask why it took a high school coach to teach your son honor when it should have been installed at a much earlier age. Sorry to be such a jerk but this post grossly under signified the fine men and women that have and continue to fight for our country. To compare a high school coach (no matter how good) and what he does to people that die for our country or their beliefs is nutz.

Congrats to coach Stacey

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The South WILL FALL!! They will be hard pressed to find what Stacey Carter brought to the table for that specific school, around here. I’ll be honest… I never thought that South had a great amount of talent outside of three or four outstanding players in the last 5 years. But I haven’t seen a group of kids that wanted to win and hated to loose like the boys from the South… and Stacey is directly behind that mentality. That is the most important ingredient that he brings to the table at SH IMO. I personally am happy to see him get this opportunity and wish him only the best. Of course if SH would have scouted the DB vs South game…. well… let’s just say Stacey didn’t flex his muscles in the Xs and Os department in that game. I know this must have been a hard decision… but this falls right in line with the old saying. MONEY talks and coaches walk!!! I think it was Lane Kiffin that mad that one up. LMAO :popcorneater:

The comparisons of honor, blood and guts, etc. is BS. 16 -17 year olds can't see the big picture.

He will be successful at SH because many will come out for the team simply because they are expected to succeed. This will end up giving SH four or five extra athletes that normally would have been in the bleachers and five to ten that will never see the field. The speed of this team will be superior to most in ET for any given year. Speed in high school is half the battle, with the other half strength and coaching.

SH will advance to 2nd or 3rd round most years, occasionally they may reach Semi-Finals. They will split with DB over the course of a few years and defeat most other teams in conference most years. In five years I would expect SH football record to be somewhere around 48 wins, 10 losses, a couple of Big 9 titles. State Champs? Not likely but remotely possible. Just my meaningless opinion.

For crying out loud it is high school football!!!! Not honor, not death, not going down with the ship, not confederate soldiers choosing death over dishonor, etc.etc.etc. Terribly rediculous post. "HELLO, McFly" it is high school football. One might ask why it took a high school coach to teach your son honor when it should have been installed at a much earlier age. Sorry to be such a jerk but this post grossly under signified the fine men and women that have and continue to fight for our country. To compare a high school coach (no matter how good) and what he does to people that die for our country or their beliefs is nutz.

Congrats to coach Stacey

Man you act like you've never read a compuksatman post before. He's famous for posting the most words without saying anything. Its like a nascar race. You read the first sentence and the last sentence and you've got the whole story.

:popcorneater:

This is what Science Hill needed.They have allways had great athletes and will be a team to circle every year on ''everyone's'' schedule,and not just ours.My season tickets just went up in value for the 2010 game.

I will admit, it has been sad to see how Science Hill turned into a joke for the past few years. The game between Daniel Boone and Science Hill was standing room only when I was there. This year, more Boone fans than Hilltoppers. I do hope he boosts that program because hey....better football up here will actually make all the teams better.

Now that it's official, I'll ask again on this thread ....

Just wondering, does PO3 stay on as DC and does Stacy coach the QB's? As we know R.Ferrell has always been selfish about coaching the QB position. Does he get out of coaching football or will Stacy tolerate him wanting to coach the QB's? This should be interesting to see how it plays out with the current SHHS assistant coaches. Shake Up!

Stacy will coach the QB...you can bet on it. Does that mean the other has to go...not necessarily.

Somebody stated that Stacy was a great fit for South and they were right. These young men believed early and fell right in line with his discipline, work ethic, etc. I don't think he'll find that at SH. Oh yeah, he'll find some but this great base of athletes mentioned will not clamor for football...not where discipline and serving team over self are concerned. There is no room for self serving, poor work ethic and attitude kids. He'll make every effort to help them, but that only goes so far. He won't let these things negatively effect the team. So although I wish him the best, I don't think they will contend for the title next year. If SH gives him the time, >3yrs, to get the buy in, he can turn the program around. We'll see....

As for South, the talent, hard work, and belief is still there. We just need the right person for the job. I hope the South staff stays virtually as is. We know the system works.

Good luck to both South and Stacy Carter next season.

I said when it was first mentioned,that S.Carter would bolt to the Hill cause its a money thing,just like Kiffin did.Can't blame him.SH will rise to the top now.Clark at DB has to be worried.The one and done King is probably already looking for a new playbook.

As far as the post about glory,blood and guts,I'm with the guy that said,thats a BS post,how true that is.It is only HS football,not the civil war or any other war.

I said when it was first mentioned,that S.Carter would bolt to the Hill cause its a money thing,just like Kiffin did.Can't blame him.SH will rise to the top now.Clark at DB has to be worried.The one and done King is probably already looking for a new playbook.

As far as the post about glory,blood and guts,I'm with the guy that said,thats a BS post,how true.It is

only HS football,not the civil war,or any other war.

You're wrong ET. And so are the other posters. I might be a bit dramatic in getting my point across but the core of my post is spot on. Stacy's goal was to make it so much more than HS football. That's how he won the athletes. That's how he got back all the ones who had quit when they were Frosh. That's how he won all the parents. He made it more than just a game. He made it a philosophy. And that is the only way he will win at the Hill. Yes, yes, it is only high school football. And that attitude is what is wrong with the Centrals, the Easts, and yes the Science Hills as it were. Ask Elizabethton, Greeneville, Daniel Boone etc. Such is the problem with our society. Everything is taken for granted. Well not so for the kids that have played for Carter. Let 911 happen again. Let this country be invaded and war breaks out. Is it then you will teach your boys to be men? Might be a bit too late then. I'm right. 100% Right.